Guide A guide to the best boxes for IPTV 2021

I started dipping my toe into IPTV on Friday and while I found it quite interesting its not half confusing. One can use a firestick, an android phone, an iphone, apple tv 4k, a smart tv ie android, a mag box, an android box an enigma 2 box, a shield, and now I hear a Buzz tv and a formuler but if the provider does not support what one has ... get another box. I hear you either need a URL, DNS, an m3u, use putty with a script. What does all these terms actually mean? Is one better than the other?

I have it working on a sony android tv or is that a google tv and its fab but tv now says storage is 1 GB left, max is 4gb. TV is not mine:sick:

Can I get a box of good value, not a shield, that will support most providers??

Is the T95 suitable for needs.

Thanks for great post answered an awful lot of my queries but one last one how does the provider know how many devices are in use at same time?

In other words will I get buffering regardless of what I use?

I very rarely get a buffer at all, iptv is very stable these days. It's more likely buffering due to some issue at your end so it might be worth running through some troubleshooting if it does it often.

I started dipping my toe into IPTV on Friday and while I found it quite interesting its not half confusing. One can use a firestick, an android phone, an iphone, apple tv 4k, a smart tv ie android, a mag box, an android box an enigma 2 box, a shield, and now I hear a Buzz tv and a formuler but if the provider does not support what one has ... get another box. I hear you either need a URL, DNS, an m3u, use putty with a script. What does all these terms actually mean? Is one better than the other?

I have it working on a sony android tv or is that a google tv and its fab but tv now says storage is 1 GB left, max is 4gb. TV is not mine:sick:

Thanks for great post answered an awful lot of my queries but one last one how does the provider know how many devices are in use at same time?
Have a look at specs of the box mentioned you would need a box with 2-4gig ram and also a box that supports hevc265 codec.
Also depends on budget

The t95 would do fine as would most other android boxes go for a s905 4/64 gb

If I get a T95 with android 10 and it mentions 4k does that mean it outputs 4k ie upscales. I only have a 1080p/i plasma!!

If I get a T95 with android 10 and it mentions 4k does that mean it outputs 4k ie upscales. I only have a 1080p/i plasma!!
It wont upscale say a 1080i stream to 4k but it will show any available 4k content in 4k.

A shield will upscale or the new firetv box will also.

It will run 4k at like 30-60fps but as mentioned there isn’t much 4k streams but quite a few 4k movies
It wont upscale say a 1080i stream to 4k but it will show any available 4k content in 4k.

A shield will upscale or the new firetv box will also.
the magic upscale word 🤣🤣

Well what anightmare IPTV is, where can I get a box that does android 10 with the chipset s905 with 4/64? And does it mean the box is android 10 forever and cant be updated to later versios? My budget is around 50 mark.

Well what anightmare IPTV is, where can I get a box that does android 10 with the chipset s905 with 4/64? And does it mean the box is android 10 forever and cant be updated to later versios? My budget is around 50 mark.
My usual go to is gearbest or aliexpress but amazon do have them

This is £54 on there

X96 X4 Android 11.0 TV Box 4GB RAM 64GB Amlogic S905X4 Quad Core A55 Dual WiFi 2.4G/5G Airplay Miracast VP9 H.265 Bluetooth Smart TV Box​

Andoid 10 ferret but thanks

I wont argue but look above the box i'm told to get has to be android 10 but ferret has provided a link for android 11 and as of yet I don't know if system will work with 11. To buy a sub and install an app but if you are a beginner its tricky, I have iiptv now but it buffers so told firestick too old, its 2018, watch a foreign version, you cant have it on smart tv, I put it on smart tv and it works but channel can jump back, there'.s more you would not believe what I have been told. So now told get a 10 box from them which I don't want to do.

Its no big deal and the help on herse is great hence me being here.

Andoid 10 ferret but thanks

I wont argue but look above the box i'm told to get has to be android 10 but ferret has provided a link for android 11 and as of yet I don't know if system will work with 11. To buy a sub and install an app but if you are a beginner its tricky, I have iiptv now but it buffers so told firestick too old, its 2018, watch a foreign version, you cant have it on smart tv, I put it on smart tv and it works but channel can jump back, there'.s more you would not believe what I have been told. So now told get a 10 box from them which I don't want to do.

Its no big deal and the help on herse is great hence me being here.
Load of shite iptv won’t work on a smart tv I have it running on a Samsung smart tv via iboplayer also have it running on an android tv in kids bedroom.
The tv and stick you’ve mentioned was they both on Wi-Fi??? Your always going to get the odd buffer from time to time as there is many factors that can cause that.
If you want something running android 11 then look at the new formuler z11 that’s been released but will be out of your £50 budget.
IMHO it dosnt matter what operating system it is as long as you save money watching iptv but your device can only perform as good as what it can handle

@bmitie Have a look at the chromecast with google tv. It was £35 last week and will very likely be that price again come Black Friday.

It runs android tv so you get the proper versions of apps like Netflix etc and has an auto match frame rate option, something that even my shield cannot do.

There’s no Ethernet port but this can be added by using an adapter.

Back