Advice needed! MagBox vs Zgemma & general questions!

Which box is better solely for IPTV use?

• Zgemma i55

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Mag 322

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hi all

Firstly apologies if this is posted in the wrong section - covering a couple of subjects so thought it was best in general chat!

Im currently using the SmartIPTV app on my LG TV (model: 65SJ810V). App runs perfect but has no EPG (tv guide) and can’t record through it so have decided to buy a box. Also the mrs can’t use it (which isnt a bad thing with the crap she watches!) but she keeps moaning about it!

Ive also used the SmartSTB app (MagBox Emulator) which i really liked but have read numerous negative posts about it crashing and freezing.

Im after a box that has:
Multi channel EPG (tv guide)
Ability to record programs
Supports VOD/Catchup TV

Box will be hardwired to internet connection and used solely for IPTV (so doesn’t need to have sat/cable tuners but can have if better option)

Based on what ive read im leaning towards a MagBox 256/322 or a Zgemma box.

My questions are:

1. Is MagBox better option than a Zgemma?
  2. Which MagBox would be the best option? Ive read that the 256 is the fastest but the 322 is more stable?
  3. Which Zgemma box is the best option? I know the i55 is just for IPTV but have read numerous negative posts about them.
  4. Is a box going to run as smoothly/without buffering as the SmartIPTV/SmartSTB on my TV?

Happy to pay whatever for the fastest/most powerfull box as wont be purchasing another anytime soon!

Thanks for reading and any advice/information is greatly appreciated.

Danny

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for your reply really appreciate it.

Which Zgemma would you recommend?

And can i ask why you prefer them over Mag’s?

Thanks again
Depends on what you would be using the box for iptv/freesat/remaining sly channels/cable if you be more specific then maybe able to say a little better mags are just for iptv where as zgemmas you can dual tuner boxes cable boxes sat boxes that's why some recommend zgemmas over just a dedicated mag box plus with zgemmas and other boxes on the market can have different skins like sly look cable look and different images supported from within the forum

Depends on what you would be using the box for iptv/freesat/remaining sly channels/cable if you be more specific then maybe able to say a little better mags are just for iptv where as zgemmas you can dual tuner boxes cable boxes sat boxes that's why some recommend zgemmas over just a dedicated mag box plus with zgemmas and other boxes on the market can have different skins like sly look cable look and different images supported from within the forum

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

It will be used just for my IPTV sub.

Not really fussed about skins/look etc (like both the MagBox layout and SlyK skin on zgemmas)

Most important thing to me is the multi channel EPG and the ability to record.

Thanks again

By multi channel EPG i mean like this:

I believe this is on a Zgemma but the MagBox has similiar layout available too.

Attachments

• 4C9D31AA-3482-4E17-A698-FA668C7E9A60.jpeg
    4C9D31AA-3482-4E17-A698-FA668C7E9A60.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if you can record on mag boxes tbh you can with zgemmas even the zgemma i55 4k(iptv box) you can record but your provider has to support recording capabilities and would need a multiroom sub to be able to record and watch another program at the same time and have multi epg listings

I don't know if you can record on mag boxes tbh you can with zgemmas even the zgemma i55 4k(iptv box) you can record but your provider has to support recording capabilities and would need a multiroom sub to be able to record and watch another program at the same time and have multi epg listings

Provider supports recording

So if its the Zgemma option would you recommend the i55 over the others?

Thanks

Provider supports recording

So if its the Zgemma option would you recommend the i55 over the others?

Thanks
I would say yes if just for iptv and has the multi epg what you want but have a look on YouTube for zgemma i55 4k or just zgemma i55 you can get the 4k one from our forum sponsor http://zgemma.co.uk the standard i55 they don't stock now but amazon or eBay may have them

If your not bothered about it not looking like sly and is solely used for iptv then a firestick will do just fine mate, not expensive and does the job fine :)

I use iptv smarters pro myself but there's also stbemu, perfect player to name a few.
I prefer the layout of smarters over the others. If you have a smartphone you can download the same apps and it will give you an idea of what it will be like before buying a firestick

I use iptv smarters pro myself but there's also stbemu, perfect player to name a few.
I prefer the layout of smarters over the others. If you have a smartphone you can download the same apps and it will give you an idea of what it will be like before buying a firestick

Thanks for reply.

Ive actuallly got a Nvidia Shield i dont use now i dont bother with Kodi that i could put it on.

Has Smarters got full EPG? And do you know if you can record through it?

Thanks

Yeah I used to have it on my shield but found the gamepad style controller too bulky for daily tv use and the remotes for them are bloody expensive.

Smarters has full epg and does record (although you have to set it more like a timer rather than just selecting the program you wanna record)

Not on a firestick you can't record not enough memory in them and can't add memory
You can record, albeit not alot. I just record a program and delete once ive watched it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back