Austria announces nationwide lockdown and mandatory vaccination

Anti-vaxers have the right not to have the vaccine.

Vaxers have the right to keep away from anti-vaxers to protect themselves. (That’s protection both from the virus and the conspiracy theories.)

Anti-vaxers have the right not to have the vaccine.

Vaxers have the right to keep away from anti-vaxers to protect themselves. (That’s protection both from the virus and the conspiracy theories.)
That wasn't quite my point! None of the Anti vaxxers on here admit to the reason they are? If they think the vaccine is poisonous and killing people, just say it.
Don't hide behind Human rights and freedom or graphs and charts to disprove the vaccines efficiency!

Read a lot in this thread about anti vaxers being able to choose and their human rights, but what happens if I become seriously ill from something else or have a serious accident and need Intensive care but ICU are full of covid patents (most of whom are unvacinated)? That forces the doctors to say I can't be treated because others have decided not to have the jab. What happens to my human rights to be treated? I have none.

@HiTecK you say that hospitals can't be over run because death rates are lower, hospitals don't treat the dead, they treat the sick. The number of cases is high, so the number of people sick with covid is high, add this to the fact it's winter, flu season, old people slipping etc, hospitals WILL be overrun, they are in winter any way, but with covid cases so high they are going to be stretched even further.

Hospitals are not just over run because of covid. It's down to alot of factors, the same factors that happened before covid but the main one being money. Lack of funding, lack of equipment, lack of staff (due to wages). I could go on. The whole point of the vaccine is that it should stop people getting severe covid and therefore needing icu. If that's not the case what is it actually doing.
Also calling this vax versus anti-vax is stupid considering the high majority of people who don't want the covid vaccine have every other immunisation

Also calling this vax versus anti-vax is stupid considering the high majority of people who don't want the covid vaccine have every other immunisation
I don't think there's a lot of people who are anti Vax, I think it's the apathetic who are being targeted. I don't really care about anti Vax brigade, they're never going to have it no matter what happens and that's their choice, it's when they try to coerce others into following them using flawed logic and half truths.

Hospitals are not just over run because of covid. It's down to alot of factors, the same factors that happened before covid but the main one being money. Lack of funding, lack of equipment, lack of staff (due to wages). I could go on. The whole point of the vaccine is that it should stop people getting severe covid and therefore needing icu. If that's not the case what is it actually doing.
you're right, if the NHS has more money then it would not get so overrun, I don't think any one is disuputing that, but the NHS does not have unlimited funds so we use the vaccine to reduce the chances of people requiring major treatment so the NHS can continue to do the 'normal', It's the same reason we have the flu vaccine. . If people don't have the vaccine they are more likely to be seriously ill and therefor require major treatment, taking up the resources that are normally available for the everyday treatments. So those refusing the vaccine are basically saying I won't take the jab which is costing the NHS a few quid but will take the risk knowing the NHS will spend thousands of pounds and lots of resources to treat me instead if I become seriously Ill, taking that money and resources from other important treatments that have no vaccines to reduce the chances of becoming sick.

@HiTecK you say that hospitals can't be over run because death rates are lower, hospitals don't treat the dead, they treat the sick.
People who die from Covid, usually end up in hospital prior to their death do they not? So more deaths = more hospital beds taken.

Read a lot in this thread about anti vaxers being able to choose and their human rights, but what happens if I become seriously ill from something else or have a serious accident and need Intensive care but ICU are full of covid patents (most of whom are unvacinated)? That forces the doctors to say I can't be treated because others have decided not to have the jab. What happens to my human rights to be treated? I have none.

You have the right to be protected from Covid by taking the vaccine. What you're stating is that you should have all the rights and vaccine hesitant people shouldn't if you get your way. Who said you wouldn't be treat in hospital if you got Covid. As it stands because of the vaccines, hospitals aren't overrun with Covid patience so using that excuse to make everyone get vaccinated is mute.

People who die from Covid, usually end up in hospital prior to their death do they not? So more deaths = more hospital beds taken.

There are something like 8500 in hospital with covid, yes some will die but not all. and not all who do die do so in hospital. So the death rate can't be used as an indication as to how overrun hospitals are.
You have the right to be protected from Covid by taking the vaccine. What you're stating is that you should have all the rights and vaccine hesitant people shouldn't if you get your way. Who said you wouldn't be treat in hospital if you got Covid. As it stands because of the vaccines, hospitals aren't overrun with Covid patience so using that excuse to make everyone get vaccinated is mute.
I never said you wouldn't get treated if you got covid, what I said is if ICU is full of covid patients, most of which are unvacinated, then if I, or anyone, needed ICU treatment for anything else we couldn't as the beds would be taken up.

No, compared to the peak, there are no where near as many covid patients in hospital, and hospitals are not overrun with covid patients, BUT with the extra covid patients on top of normal winter illnesses, it will over stretch the NHS more than normal, by about 8500 beds at the moment. Yes not all of those are unvaccinated but the majority are

And this is with a vaccination take-up of over 80%.
Austria and Germany only have 60%.
Their health systems must be much more overstretched than ours, hence the new lockdowns being implemented

And with a vaccination take-up 118% in Gibraltar they are at the start of their 4th wave 🤷.. and in lockdown.

I never said you wouldn't get treated if you got covid, what I said is if ICU is full of covid patients, most of which are unvacinated
This is factually incorrect. Most people in hospital are vaccinated. Fullfact.org 👇.
So the rhetoric that unvaccinated are taking up all the hospital's resources isn't true. And like above, everyone vaccinated in Gibraltar didn't work out well for them.

Screenshot_20211122-162859_Chrome.jpg

As above most in hospital are vaccinated. I'd take that article more seriously if it wasn't sent in by an anonymous writer 👇. Anyone could have wrote that.

Screenshot_20211122-164255_Chrome.jpg

And to top it all off I've just done a LFT and I'm positive 😆. Not kidding. So I've got isolate now for 10 days. That vaccine is brilliant.

And with a vaccination take-up 118% in Gibraltar they are at the start of their 4th wave 🤷.. and in lockdown.
This is factually incorrect.
Their own government press releases say there's no lockdown, just take extra precautions if attending crowded events.
PUBLIC HEALTH GUIDANCE FOR FESTIVE PERIOD 2021 - 860/2021

The Chief Minister said: “We want to avoid having to provide for any lock down in the coming weeks and months. To do that, we need the support of each member of the community. We really need to see people following guidance and in particular we need people to take up the offer of the Booster Jab as soon as they are offered it. People can see the numbers of cases rising throughout Europe and lockdowns taking effect throughout the continent. Here although cases are rising, hospitalisations are currently low.

but they are only just issuing boosters even though they claim everyone was vacinated by March and boosters should be given after 6 months as the protection drops, so they are 2 months late with the boosters

[As above most in hospital are vaccinated. I'd take that article more seriously if it wasn't sent in by an anonymous writer 👇. Anyone could have wrote that.]

Job protection by 'frustrated employee'

This is factually incorrect.
Their own government press releases say there's no lockdown, just take extra precautions if attending crowded events.

Fair enough not an actual lockdown like before but cases are as high as ever and everyone is vaccinated. They have put some restrictions in place to avoid a complete lockdown. Either way the vaccine doesn't make much difference.

but they are only just issuing boosters even though they claim everyone was vacinated by March and boosters should be given after 6 months as the protection drops, so they are 2 months late with the boosters

Or maybe it's that time of year when cases are bound to rise like they are everywhere and the vaccine isn't making much difference apart for actual deaths.

This time last year they were reporting on average 18 new cases daily over a 7 day period before everyone were vaccinated.

This year when everyone is vaccinated they're reporting 54 cases daily on average. So they are in a worse place post vaccine.

This is factually incorrect. Most people in hospital are vaccinated. Fullfact.org 👇.
So the rhetoric that unvaccinated are taking up all the hospital's resources isn't true. And like above, everyone vaccinated in Gibraltar didn't work out well for them.

View attachment 67811

As above most in hospital are vaccinated. I'd take that article more seriously if it wasn't sent in by an anonymous writer 👇. Anyone could have wrote that.

View attachment 67812

And to top it all off I've just done a LFT and I'm positive 😆. Not kidding. So I've got isolate now for 10 days. That vaccine is brilliant.
Good job you are vaccinated then, as you will not probably die! Gibraltar can't be counted for any data! I have lived and worked there, it has a revolving door on the borders with the work force changing daily

Back