Blank channels

Okay everyone, recently scanned and found channels using cable tuner after inputting net id, frequency and symbol rate but about 98% of channels scanned shows only a black screen. Using openvix on enigma2 box. Thanks for any help.

Yes, scanned the dvd-c tuner and found 500+ channels but as said before almost all channels show black screen. Using a number of the net ids/freq/symbol rate you posted elsewhere as i have no VM box to get Id...only have hub and info not on it.

Had a test line and the lad said everything works fine on his box so I'm assuming line is okay and using mgcamd.1.35a. Puzzling really.

Blank screen running vix means you are not connected to your server.

Press OK twice and you should see your server details on the left hand side.

(which you won't if you have a blank screen)

If you are running mg cam 1.38 try 1.35a

Change the cam, reboot the router, stop and start the cam again and see if the channels clear.

Sometimes 1.38 is a bit dodgy.

Still no joy try using CCcam.

Bit of a weird one, but my living room box works fine using 1.38 but my bedroom box will only clear using CCcam ??
Even if I switch the boxes over it's still the same, thought it might be something to do with running room.

Still no joy check with your server if everything is alright at their end.

Last edited:

Yes even on FTA channels and I'm using mut@nt box

Just noticed this, sounds more like a cable feed problem rather than a server / cam problem.

If you have the correct net id you should at least get BBC 1,2 and ITV

Net ids here

First things first, get your FTA channels then sort out the $ channels (y)

Last edited:
Did try some of the Net ids cactikid listed with same result. Will try a few of the things you suggested though. Additionally as I am using mgcamd 1.35a can you point me in the direction to get mgcamd 1.38.

If your image is pretty much up to date you should be able to download it straight to your box.

Have a look here

Read from "Menu - Pugins - Download Pugins (green button) - Scroll down to softcams"

If you haven't got FTA channels though, you are putting the cart before the horse.

Last edited:
OK so I got a fee FTA channels like BBC alba but no joy on paid channels even though service is good and thanks @ bees as I am using a line from wiz.

So just a quick update, got everything sorted out now. After rechecking the files location and scanning still had blank channels only FTA working so I tried a number of mg_cfg file (for some strange reason I felt it had something to do with this), but even the one download from line holder didn't work. After going through a number of downloaded ones I finally got one to work, put it in restarted cam and voila it worked so sorted now after much headache. Strange I know but that's what happens plus freq on cable area doesn't work for me when scanned (had to try different number not listed to get channels). Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions provided.

OK guys I need your help once more, I few of my cable channels are showing "service not found in pat" like watch/some sky movie channels and a few more. Everything else both FTA and £ are okay, so what could possible be the problem? Only 1 cable tuner so no conflict there.

Back