I simply don't understand it..They change goal posts, on a daily basis..

So you've posted a link to 585 page legal document. Do you want the Techkings team of lawyers to look at it or something?

hi not saying this is related to BREXIT , but do u think this is a message to thresa may ?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46934277
Nope, the provos and the I've are a little more subtle loo
Honestly, no but I think the DUP are softening their stance, they realise that there is likely to be big sh1t in little China.

how do you get that.?

we either come out with a deal made by the government, and agreed with the EU
or
we come out with a Free Trade Deal

I know which I prefer

I don't think you have a grasp on this whole thing - you either come away with a deal agreed by politicians, or you can no longer trade, travel, or anything else with the EU!
You can, however trade with the rest if the world, but can you do without France, Germany, Spain, ireland for your exports/imports?
On a personal note, as a resident of Ireland, This situation is one that has 2 outcomes for Ireland as a whole, but one with a border is an almost sure way of bringing back the violence that blighted the province of Ulster for far too many years!!!, or a free trade area.

Nope, the provos and the I've are a little more subtle loo
Honestly, no but I think the DUP are softening their stance, they realise that there is likely to be big sh1t in little China.

I don't think you have a grasp on this whole thing - you either come away with a deal agreed by politicians, or you can no longer trade, travel, or anything else with the EU!
You can, however trade with the rest if the world, but can you do without France, Germany, Spain, ireland for your exports/imports?
On a personal note, as a resident of Ireland, This situation is one that has 2 outcomes for Ireland as a whole, but one with a border is an almost sure way of bringing back the violence that blighted the province of Ulster for far too many years!!!, or a free trade area.

as someone that grew up in norn iron, and I am back a few times every year, and with the intention of moving back there within the next 5 - 10 years,
I understand how the border works, it was a hard border when I was growing up, and for part of my adult life there.
we buy more from the EU countries than they buy from us, do you think France, Spain, Germany et al will cut off their nose to spite their face by not wanting to trade with the UK.?
how does the rest of the world trade with Spain etc without being part of the EU.?
they negotiate trade terms with the EU, rather than the individual country, the UK could do that too.

by the way, my own personal view on the violence in norn iron is one that has for a long time now been nothing to do with anyone fighting for a "cause" , but rather one of turf wars, thuggery, drugs, and general criminal activities , hidden behind the veil of ' freedom fighters' , 'defenders of the faith' etc etc etc,

The problem is that you are negotiating from a position of weakness, trade would come with US style tarriffs, thus increasing the cost of UK products, lessening their attractiveness.
With regards the border, the border we had previously wasn't really a hard border as there was free trade and movement of people. What we had was checkpoints to see there wasn't wholesale smuggling of things like cigarettes and alcohol.

What will occur is that everything coming through will have a tax as there will be no free trade, so it will have to be assessed at the border. Even if some NI/ROI local agreement can be reached, the fact there is free trade between mainland UK and NI means that that is the obvious smuggling route.

The problem is that you are negotiating from a position of weakness, trade would come with US style tarriffs, thus increasing the cost of UK products, lessening their attractiveness.
With regards the border, the border we had previously wasn't really a hard border as there was free trade and movement of people. What we had was checkpoints to see there wasn't wholesale smuggling of things like cigarettes and alcohol.

What will occur is that everything coming through will have a tax as there will be no free trade, so it will have to be assessed at the border. Even if some NI/ROI local agreement can be reached, the fact there is free trade between mainland UK and NI means that that is the obvious smuggling route.

The only position of weakness is in the UK governments stance, the actual power is in the fact they can walk away without agreeing a deal and thus falling back on Free Trade agreements.
I do agree with the smuggling thing, but that has never stopped, to a degree it lessened somewhat when the euro kicked in, but its always been there.
As for free trade, there has always been a difference between the punt and the pound, so free trade was always on a cash basis, what would really change,?

The Uk won't be part of the EU, they wont have free trade, all imports to the EU will be subject to tariffs/taxes.

The Uk won't be part of the EU, they wont have free trade, all imports to the EU will be subject to tariffs/taxes.
Free Trade means the UK will be Free to trade with any country they wish to, after setting up tariffs and agreements with said countries, and not be tied to the agreements the EU has setup, the EU has artificially increased prices on many imported goods so they are in line with the manufacturers in the EU, so many goods will drop in price if the UK sets up its own tariffs under Free Trade and WTO rules.

Free trade from the Cambridge dictionary
Code:
international buying and selling of goods, without 
limits on the amount of goods that one
 country can sell to another, and without special 
taxes on the goods bought from a foreign 
country
Not that a nation is/isn't free to trade with another.
The UK is now free to trade with anyone that wants to do business with them, on that you are correct, the problem is that as non EU members, they cant avail of the common market freely (as in free of charge, with free movement of goods). There will be new tariffs/ taxes imposed on them, making them more expensive.

as someone that grew up in norn iron, and I am back a few times every year, and with the intention of moving back there within the next 5 - 10 years,
I understand how the border works, it was a hard border when I was growing up, and for part of my adult life there.
we buy more from the EU countries than they buy from us, do you think France, Spain, Germany et al will cut off their nose to spite their face by not wanting to trade with the UK.?
how does the rest of the world trade with Spain etc without being part of the EU.?
they negotiate trade terms with the EU, rather than the individual country, the UK could do that too.

by the way, my own personal view on the violence in norn iron is one that has for a long time now been nothing to do with anyone fighting for a "cause" , but rather one of turf wars, thuggery, drugs, and general criminal activities , hidden behind the veil of ' freedom fighters' , 'defenders of the faith' etc etc etc,
No matter what way Brexit goes, the bad old days in Northern Ireland can and will not be allowed to return, this will never happen, its bad at present with what you say above in part as regards to turf wars, drugs, thuggery, criminal activities, these are things going on now with both loyalist paramilitarys and these nationalist dissidents (of which there are several groups) all morons that like the look of themselves with balaclavas on their heads, drugs have only got to become a problem since the good friday agreement was implemented, not so much before in the 70s 80s , killings and bombings happening on a regular basis, one side saying they were fighting to free ireland from british oppression, the other saying they were fighting to preserve ulster and to keep it British.

Last edited:
I agree with both the above with some differences,
The EU taxes everything each member country sells within the EU, it's not tax free movement, it also sets false taxes on items coming into the EU so that member states can charge inflated prices to each other and still be cheaper than non EU goods.

As for the bad days in NI, Brexit won't bring those back, people opposed to the border being there will bring the dark days back,
And it will be Eire that must impose the border, that is the rule of the EU , each member state must have a hard border with any non member state.

Back