Covid-19 the second wave

We can control it.
I don't think we'll be able to eradicate it, I think we'll have to get used to living with it, at least for a few years certainly, maybe longer.
Normal has gone, probably for good.
There was a 30 minute feature on sky news earlier about the wet markets in China and Indonesia where live and dead animals are sold. If these are allowed to continue we don't stand a chance as a species, live and dead bats being handled by stallholders, live and dead wild birds and other animals, some cooked and partially cooked, and swarms of rats and mice crawling over everything, no gloves or anything else worn by anyone selling or buying

Sadly I can see way it being now being permanent. Going out for example be it for a drink, getting something to eat, cinema etc just won't be how it was before if ever.

Those types of countries won't be able to stop trade of such animals even if they really want to as it will just go underground and in turn we should expect more dangerous viruses to come about because of it.

In the short term we will have to control it with track and trace. I don't know how far we are away from a vaccine. I think the things that are showing strong promise at the moment are treatments meaning if you get the virus it stops it attacking the lungs giving you a very good chance of it not killing you.

There must be some strong progress already shown on at least a treatment or else the Goverment would not of signed a contract with ROCHE plus they are buiding a facality to produce it in oxfordshire.

The one that has been developed by oxford uni is going into phase 2 of testing which will be tested on 000's of people which certinaly must be showing huge promise.

Cummings and these other vile scum can get away with breaching restrictions while telling rest of the country to sit at home.

Guess one thing for us peasants and another for these corrupt scumbags in power. Bravo!!!

Wonder what cummings has over Boris that the ultimate contradictory dumbass protected him for such a breach.

Last edited:
The outrage over cummings is completely fake.

People on the right are certain he was ensuring childcare.

People on the left are certain he was simply on holiday.

The level of certainty is proportional to how far left / right people are. None of us know. I've read he needed to ensure childcare for his autistic son. If true that is legit. Ive read he went for his mum's birthday, if true he's placed people in danger. Thing is none of us know.

Where was the outrage for the mps who have been to birthday parties, funerals, picnics etc?

As a scandal I cannot think of a more banal one.

Lots of people people also claiming things like

"I couldn't hold my dying child as I was following guidelines / my mother died alone as I was following guidelines" so cummings is evil. Sorry but if you chose to not comfort a dying child or parent then that is on you. Personally I couldn't imagine a situation where government guidance trump's the needs of a dying loved one

The Cummings "scandal" is just run of the mill media sensationalism. I don't think many people care that much at all, but it fills front pages and gives people on social media something to be outraged over.

I am more peeved off that Politicians like him can do what ever they want and get away with it.

These people are not above the restrictions imposed oh do these people get a free pass :unsure:

Yeah there's no doubting it's hypocritical as hell - if he's having a part in making the decisions for the country you'd like to think he'd be beyond reproach and follow them to the letter.

The outrage over cummings is completely fake.

People on the right are certain he was ensuring childcare.

People on the left are certain he was simply on holiday.

The level of certainty is proportional to how far left / right people are. None of us know. I've read he needed to ensure childcare for his autistic son. If true that is legit. Ive read he went for his mum's birthday, if true he's placed people in danger. Thing is none of us know.

Where was the outrage for the mps who have been to birthday parties, funerals, picnics etc?

As a scandal I cannot think of a more banal one.

Lots of people people also claiming things like

"I couldn't hold my dying child as I was following guidelines / my mother died alone as I was following guidelines" so cummings is evil. Sorry but if you chose to not comfort a dying child or parent then that is on you. Personally I couldn't imagine a situation where government guidance trump's the needs of a dying loved one
I don't think anyone could comfort anyone dying in a hospital because you were not getting in,and if you tried you would be thrown out.

I knew two people that died in hospital in early April, none of their sons/daughters were allowed any where near them at the end, and funeral numbers were restricted to just a handful of family members, in care homes over here in N-Ireland, any patients showing systems of covid are put in an isolation ward and only certain members of staff are allowed to work in that ward, one of my sisters was one of these staff that worked in the covid ward, where she did end up testing positive and ended up in hospital herself, both of her legs swelled up to the size of tree trunks and there was a worrying few days for all our family, but thankfully she came through, she was in hospital for ten days though, she starts back to work this Friday, but she will be working in another part of the care home where she works, although at the minute there are no positive covid cases in that home, she said that no relatives of anyone dying were getting in, but staff were not happy about it but they did follow the guidelines, but I have heard of several care homes over here that did let some family members see their parents in their final moments of their lives, sad sad times we are living in at present.

My uncle is in hospital and has been in for a week. Alot of issues with breathing. Losing a lot of blood. Despite other health conditions covid 19 has had a big part to play.

His family are not even allowed to see him either.

Despite him doing his own thing during that time despite warnings despite his age (really stubborn to get through to) just hope he pulls through and gets better.

EY771lIXYAAiHjE

What's wrong with this picture??

I work in a care setting, and believe me exceptions are being made for relatives of people who are dying

Maybe in your place, but in other hospitals/care homes it's been enforced - relatives have been told that it is completely impossible for them to comfort loved ones as they die. The best they were offered in many cases is that a nurse holds the phone near their dying relative so they can say their goodbye.

That is not gov lockdown. That is clinical policy.

Yet people ar parading dead relatives as though they chose not to see their loved ones in order to follow what are guidelines in order to score cheap points against a man they ideologically oppose.

The scandal has shifted from cummings having multiple breaches to attend his mum's birthday. That was palpably false so now they are focusing on the drive to the castle. His excuse for that is laughable but can reasonable person believe that leaving isolation for a drive with your family for a few hours makes you evil?

Back