English Commentary

May as well go all the way and watch it on NBC sports in 1080p with a minute delay as picture is near sat quality, same goes for Spark Sports 1080p 60fps but again, big delay

I don't mind NBC, good picture quality and good analysis too. Whereas with dazn, the max quality is 720p and even then it buffers. The only let down with NBC is that if you want every game, it'll set you back around $40/50ish a month.

Not sure how feeds being behind on IPTV is such an issue.

Have noticed at most varying from 20-45 secs the streams behind "live" updates.

That isnt minutes or a massive issue imo.

Not sure how feeds being behind on IPTV is such an issue.

Have noticed at most varying from 20-45 secs the streams behind "live" updates.

That isnt minutes or a massive issue imo.
No I don't mind a few seconds delay, just don't wanna hear the neighbours screaming when the games on live as I know a goal has been scored.

Same as those pricks who go in betting shops and have betfair accounts on their mobile phones and try to be smart saying this horse has won while the race is still not finished on the screen, spoils the enjoyment and sometimes they are wrong.

No I don't mind a few seconds delay, just don't wanna hear the neighbours screaming when the games on live as I know a goal has been scored.
That happened to me during the 2010 world cup final, I was watching on hd, neighbours were on terrestrial. Those 10 seconds ruined theme.

That happened to me during the 2010 world cup final, I was watching on hd, neighbours were on terrestrial. Those 10 seconds ruined theme.
Was in the bookies for England v Sweeden world cup finals a couple of years back and they had the door open as it was a sunny Saturday afternoon.
Was watching the game and then heard a massive roar from the pub across the road who were obviously watching the game but had a sky feed, Betfred were a few seconds behind.

Does it matter if an English feed or not if you have a working pair of eyes??? I'd always go for the best picture. When stuck with IPTV it was Portuguese sports feeds spot on quality. If folk complain about commentary what do they do at live games without it? Or they armchair glory hunting fans of the top clubs with no idea and never even been a game?:unsure:

Does it matter if an English feed or not if you have a working pair of eyes??? I'd always go for the best picture. When stuck with IPTV it was Portuguese sports feeds spot on quality. If folk complain about commentary what do they do at live games without it? Or they armchair glory hunting fans of the top clubs with no idea and never even been a game?:unsure:
You’re not getting a Portuguese voiceover at the live games

Stadium background noise does the job rightly for me, fake crowd noise, at present, but pre covid genuine crowd noise was ok.

Does anyone know any channels to watch the match on tonight that might carry the worldwide English audio feed, such as Peter Drury commentary instead of Matterface or Mowbray?

I assume it would have to be an Asian or African one as most European channels don't seem to.

Does anyone know any channels to watch the match on tonight that might carry the worldwide English audio feed, such as Peter Drury commentary instead of Matterface or Mowbray?

I assume it would have to be an Asian or African one as most European channels don't seem to.
I don’t, but I’m pretty sure on standard BBC you can use the 5 live audio via the red button.

FTA channel TVT International had an English commentary option on it's Euro matches (Left Audio Channel), 9°e - 11823 H 27500 & 11900 H 27500 .
Don't know if they're showing tonights match or who the commentator was.
Peter Drury works for SuperSport & CBS Sports so maybe SuperSport HD 2 on 16e if you can get it.

RTE 2 is showing the game.

FTA channel TVT International had an English commentary option on it's Euro matches (Left Audio Channel), 9°e - 11823 H 27500 & 11900 H 27500 .
Don't know if they're showing tonights match or who the commentator was.
Peter Drury works for SuperSport & CBS Sports so maybe SuperSport HD 2 on 16e if you can get it.
Cheers Mike. I found TVT 'International' earlier this morning. Wasn't sure whether they'd have the games or whether they'd only be on a domestic variant.

I'm motorised so also have access to SS on 16e. I'll check both of those out prior to kick off.

I've been trying to pick up the feeds but only had partial success once due to the limitations of my 80cm dish.

Yeah I think it's IMG (in the case of the Premier League at least) commentators such as Drury and Beglin are employed by and their audio gets syndicated around anyone carrying the English worldwide audio feed.

Ah right. Nevermind, it was before kick off when I checked. They were still in the studio. I just assumed that because the additional soundtrack wasn't running then that it wasn't going to be available. Thanks again.

Do any of the channels show European leagues with English commentary?

I had eleven sports on 30W last night and they were showing a Ligue 1 review in English; but I’m not sure if this applies to the live games too.

Back