Enigma2 IPTV auto-reconnect

I've enabled it but just couldn't see it in the tmp folder. I will check again

Last edited:
That's fantastic now.

Now it uses iPlayableService and if iPlayableService returns end of file it restarts there are now no false restarts whatsoever.
Excellent work and works perfectly with TvHeadend without the hassle of studying debug files in order to obtain the best settings.

The problem was always the fact that some images or ISP's or whatever caused it, didn't always register the RX Queue. It was bizarre how sometimes the traffic was monitored by the image and others it was not.

This solution is perfect on everything I've tested it on so far. VOD might be an issue though as it will restart the VOD from the beginning again because its not Live, so perhaps in the future an option to ignore file types such as MP4, MKV and AVI might be a good idea ?

Last edited:
Glad you folks like it :-)

I'm waiting for a few more people to provide feedback, and then I'll probably mark BigMac as deprecated.

And yes, I can add back the useful BigMac options to QuarterPounder, just wanted to get rid of the complexity first to make it easy to test (this technique was unknown to me until I started reading some unrelated stuff, it was a nice pickup that I might apply in some of my other plugins - some features for Heinz spring to mind).

Yes I added this method to Lululla's XC Plugin for him.

To be fair most of the code for it was already in place, but it was being used to start the next stream in the list if the one that was playing froze. I just prevented it from doing this by adding a new def to force it to restart the existing stream. So this method is not new to me, however that was years ago and I completely forgot about it.

At the moment I cannot find fault with this new plugin on everything I've tried. It even restarts the F1 from Liberty Media in a streaming plugin I'm involved in.

I've tested this now with at least 20 different IPTV Servers some of which are using different panels and of course TvHeadend and its working perfectly on all.

Great work !

Yes I added this method to Lululla's XC Plugin for him.

To be fair most of the code for it was already in place, but it was being used to start the next stream in the list if the one that was playing froze. I just prevented it from doing this by adding a new def to force it to restart the existing stream. So this method is not new to me, however that was years ago and I completely forgot about it.

At the moment I cannot find fault with this new plugin on everything I've tried. It even restarts the F1 from Liberty Media in a streaming plugin I'm involved in.

I've tested this now with at least 20 different IPTV Servers some of which are using different panels and of course TvHeadend and its working perfectly on all.

Great work !

You should have told me about it, then ;-)

Yes, for Heinz I have about 3 things on my mind where I can apply something very similar for 3 different types of features... Fingers crossed I find the patience to do it :-)

quarterpounder dosent work for me, if i go to a iptv channels simple dosent work, if i disable quarterpounder all works fine.
same channels working fine with BigMac.

Gigablue Quad Hd
openxix 5.2.0.45

Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Stopped current service, will restart...
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service 1:0:1:84DE:76A1:B24E:0:0:0:0:http%3a//kkkkkkkkkk%3a8080/CarlaM/jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj/153:SIC HD restarted.
Service Event called...
evEOF
Service restarting...
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
restart...
Service Event called...
evStart
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event

Last edited:
quarterpounder dosent work for me, if i go to a itv channels simple dosent work, if i disable quarterpounder all works fine.
same channels working fine with BigMac.

Gigablue Quad Hd
openxix 5.2.0.45

You probably want to remove your user/pass from the log as well... Also, the log isn't from ITV, so not sure what that has to do with Portuguese SIC?

Enigma2 is telling the plugin SIC HD isn't working, so it gets restarted... Not much that can be done... Maybe without QP it will work somehow, buffering and/or stuttering?

I just published QuarterPounder 6.2.0b, with ignore strings; if a certain provider doesn't work with it, just put the hostname of the provider in those strings.

Also, I wouldn't have both BigMac (which I just deprecated) and QuarterPounder enabled at the same time (or for the same providers), but that's just me.

sorry mean iptv channel
without QP most off the time works ok but with some drops from time to time that's the reason im trying QP and Big Mac,
when trying one of them the other is disabled. will try the new 6.2.0b and report back.
thanks

The new version doesn't really change the behaviour, just adds back the ignore strings, too bad it doesn't work for you... Stick to BigMac on that provider, maybe, if it works OKish...

The new version doesn't really change the behaviour, just adds back the ignore strings, too bad it doesn't work for you... Stick to BigMac on that provider, maybe, if it works OKish...

just tried on my other box (octagonsf4008) and QP works fine, so probably something with the Qaud image as is older

Octagon Sf4008
openvix 5.3.011

Hi been testing this on my Edison OS mini and works pretty well. One issue I’m having is that every 5 mins the channel I watching goes black for a split second as if I’m changing channel.

Hi been testing this on my Edison OS mini and works pretty well. One issue I’m having is that every 5 mins the channel I watching goes black for a split second as if I’m changing channel.

That's probably the plugin triggering to restart the stream, you can confirm by activating debug and keeping an eye on the debug file when it does that (on the receivers command line: tail -f /tmp/quarterpounder-debug.log).

You can also check the "Restart Indicator" setting, Default or None - Default is whatever you have defined on your system, typically brings up the InfoBar, None tries to avoid it without changing the global setting so you can still have InfoBar during regular zapping.

I've encountered a similar issue to Bigmac when zapping to dead streams. Although now the box is not locked by it giving the spinner, it is however extremely difficult to zap away from the dead stream because Quarterpounder is constantly trying to restart the dead one.

So can a delay option be added to the new plugin too ? before it starts to monitor the stream, to give the user chance to decide its dead and zap away from it to another stream.

I've encountered a similar issue to Bigmac when zapping to dead streams. Although now the box is not locked by it giving the spinner, it is however extremely difficult to zap away from the dead stream because Quarterpounder is constantly trying to restart the dead one.

So can a delay option be added to the new plugin too ? before it starts to monitor the stream, to give the user chance to decide its dead and zap away from it to another stream.

Added a restart delay setting - not perfect, but it is what it is... Also had fixed a bug on the previous version.

I've just checked mine on 2 services and get the following messages from the debug:

Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...
Unhandled event
Service Event called...

I'm guessing it isn't working on mine, is there anything I can try?

Cheers

Those messages are normal, but if you're not getting evStart and/or evEOF lines in the log, then something isn't working... evEOF is the message used to restart, so it would trigger if the service goes down (or you stop watching som VOD or media file), but evStart should trigger on zapping, so if it's not, something's different about your setup.

What system/box are you using?

Back