Grogbuild ATV 6.1 cable only build for H5.2tc, H7C and H4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only see providers order if satellite is enabled. If you have not enabled the satellite tuner and enabled either freesat or sky in Providers then skip the Providers orders section and just press the green button to run a scan.
Thanks.

I am working now - thanks.

Just one more tad issue. I have activated SlyHD skin (more pref for some reason). I have increased the font width of the channel name and epg but couldn't locate how to increase the font size for EPG Summary before preview picture - any idea?

Also what is the quickest and easiest way to update all EPG?

Lastly, how to add picons?

Last edited:
The epg should update automatically each morning, if not press the green button and select EPG Importer and then press the Yellow button to run an update manually

I have just updated the backups for the H2H and H5.2tc with the latest Kiddac skins, including Vskin-Bolt and Vskin Red. I have also added his mod so there are bouquet tabs in the EPG.

I Have yet to update the H7C backup
What is the best way to upgrade? I guess like a fresh instal?

Secondly - Does anyone know a good EPG AutoBoutiq as the one recommended in guide is not good. It doesn't categorise many Asian channels as I can see them under All but not in the International where they belong....

the ones on cable should be international, they are on my box, star gold/plus, zee, sony etc

the ones on cable should be international, they are on my box, star gold/plus, zee, sony etc
Do you want to check some like Aaj Tak, ABN News etc or Geo channels. I bet they are missing from your boutique but under All...

Ah, the All channels is sky bouquet, the other bouquts are cable. So if its not available on cable it wont be in the international bouquet. You can change this in the Autobouquets -> providers -> sky and enable Sky : Generate Sections bouquet

This will give you two sets of bouquets, one set for cable and then another set for sat

Download from

H2H and H5.2tc http://www.techkings.org/resources/grogbbuild-h2h-and-h5-2tc-atv-6-1-cable.30/
H7C http://www.techkings.org/resources/grogbbuild-h7c-atv-6-1-cable.32/

H2H image Added: 31/07/17

This is my first build release, it has been used on a few boxes that I have set up so there should be no issues, it has the satellite tuner disabled but instructions below if you wish to use it.

CCcam 2.3.0, mgcamd_1.38r1 installed on H5.2tc only
oscam_atv_emu 1.2 installed
Kiddacs SlyK HD, vskin-HD and slyk-q skins installed - Vskin-HD set up as default.

Installed Plugins :
  • Dream Explorer
  • EPG-Importer
  • Auto Bouquets Maker
  • IPTV Player
  • Media Player
  • Media Scanner
  • Movie Organisor
  • OpenWebif
  • Picture player
In addition, @dsayers modifications to EPGList and UsageConfig are installed for channel numbers.

Picons are installed on your HD when your HD is first setup.

epgh52tc.jpg

A simple script of mine updates the 'Top Pick', 'In My Shows', 'You Might Like' and 'Watch now' images on the Vskin-HD menu screen via crontab twice a day. Similar to the Top Pick addon for the Slyk 1 HD skin (addon not installed)

h52tcmenu.jpg

Download the zip file and unzip it to a usb stick. So your usb stick should now contain the zgemma folder and it's contents.

On the H5.2tc browse to zgemma/h5 folder and rename noforce to force. Turn off your box and insert the usb stick into the rear usb port and turn the box on. The LED display will say FLSH for a few minutes before the box reboots.

On the H7C turn off your box and insert the usb stick into the rear usb port and turn the box on and press the small button behind the front flap until FLSH appears on the LED. The LED display will say FLSH for a few minutes before the box reboots.

Remove the USB stick from the back of the box and insert a blank usb stick/hdd for recordings etc. I recommend nothing less than 64GB. Now press the menu button on remote and select Setup -> System -> Storage Device -> Initialisation -> YOUR USB DEVICE -> Red Button.

Once the initialisation has completed, hold the power button on remote until a menu appears and select 'Restart Gui'.

Once restarted, just make sure the usb stick/hdd is mounted correctly by pressing the RED button on the remote and selecting Plugins -> Mount Manager. Your USB device should be listed and should say Mount: /media/hdd

mountmanager.jpg

If it does just press the exit button until you exit the menus, if it doesn't press the Green button to Setup Mounts and using the Left/Right arrows on the remote change the mount until /media/hdd is selected and press the Green button to save. Answer yes if prompted to restart the box.

Now we need to set up your NetID, if you don't know it check my NetID map at h52tc.com/netids.html and select the Town closest to you. Now press the Menu Button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> Tuner Configuration -> Tuner B

Using the numeric keys on your remote enter your Net ID in the Network ID field. I then set Provider to Scan to Virgin Media UK (Pure) but as we're using ABM this doesn't matter.

Press Green button to save and then select Tuner C and repeat the last step.

If you are using satellite as well select Tuner A and using the Right arrow key on remote change Configuration mode to Simple and press the Green button to save. You may have to press the Green button again if the box scans for satellites.

Now press the exit button once to return to Service Searching menu and select AutoBouquetsMaker->Providers

If wanting Freesat (ie no premim channels) change FreeSat UK to Yes and then using the left/right arrows on remote change FreeSatUK Area to the Area you wish to use. Change the bouquet settings for Freesat as you see fit. I personally just have Main bouquet set to Yes (All Channels) with the other bouquet settings set to no.

If you have a Satellite Line and want the remaining premium change Sky UK to yes and then set the Sky UK:area to your area, and then again set Sky UK: generate main bouquet to yes(All channels) and as above set the sky uk bouquet options as you want.

Now move down to Virgin (UK):Area and using the left/right arrow keys scroll through the list of Net ID's until the one you entered in tuner config above is highlighted. DO NOT change the bouquet options.
abm_providers.jpg

Now press the GREEN button to save.

Now select Providers order, make sure cable_uk_virgin is the top item, if not highlight the sat items and press the blue button to move them below the cable_uk_virgin and then press the GREEN button to save changes.

Now press the Green button to run a scan.

Once the scan has completed, press the exit button 4 times to return to TV picture and then press the green button and select EPG-Importer.

Press the Blue button to select sources.

Now select 'Rytec UK/Ireland Virgin XMLTV' so the box is ticked. Now find and select the 'Rytec UK Sat XMLTV' if you have a sat feed connected. (I found the freesat channels didn't populate straight away but when I ran another abm scan it appeared).

Press the Green button to save.

Now press the Yellow button to run a scan. Select yes when prompted. On the right you will see 'Importing: Rytec xxx' once the importing has finished it will show 'Last Updated' with the date.

You can exit this plugin now and the import will continue iin the background.

V-Skin is already setup with pics in menus changing daily

slyk1hd included with no mods, just set it as your skin – menu, setup, usage and gui skin setup

Kiddacs sly-q with no mods included just set as your skin – menu, setup, usage and gui skin setup

Now you need to install and set up your line, if you are using cccam or mgcamd you need to put your CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list file into the /usr/keys folder, if using oscam then the oscam.server file needs to go into /usr/keys/oscam_atv folder.

Now restart the cam by pressing the Menu button and selecting InfoPanel -> Softcam Panel. Use the left/right keys to set the cam1 to the cam type you are using and then press the GREEN button to restart it.

I hope that covers it, if I've missed anything please let me know.

Grog68

Hi anyone know of a decent image for the h2 combo box, only after virgin image cannot find anything using a 2s image atm but it's sly and not what I'm after. Cheers

No, the H2H version would probably flash ok but as ABM is set to scan a cable tuner so it will fail and as there is no cable tuner on the H2S for it to detect cable proviers wont appear in abm -> providers so you won't be able to disable it.

updated epgimport or reflashed with latest build?

Are you using cable/satellite or both? normally if using both the satellite channels start at 2101

Try pressing the menu button and selecting Setup -> Service Searching -> Autobouquetsmaker -> Delete bouquets and then once they have been deleted press green button to scan again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back