Hello guys, new to this forum and enjoying some of the value one here. I searched around and couldn't find the specific answer to this which matches my situation.

I have a VM broadband but I used to have a satellite tv (sky), so therefore I don't have the specific cable wires to just plug and play and thus purchased a few stuff to help.

I just ordered the Zgemma H5.2TC after contemplating whether to get this or the H2H. I'm going to set it up myself so that I can learn the process. It's going to have both VM line AND Sly line (yes I know many channels gone, but not all have).

So in terms of the setup process, I've bought from amazon a 2 way splitter, 2 coax cables & an F connector (links can be found below):

- Coax Cables: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01AT5NELC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- F Connector: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003OSUU14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- 2 Way Splitter: www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0118JHGNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used a YouTuber named "Geeky Stuff" guide since he has similar situation (except he's setting up only VM whereas mine Sly too).

Is there anything else I need to buy? Plus, since this has 2 cable ports, will it be slightly different to setting up the h2h? Any pics or diagrams would be helpful as I'm literally new to all of this learning, so sorry if I sound stupiiiiid.

So thats the box setup part, now in terms of setting up the actual box side of things, do you guys recommend IPAB image or Wooshbuild image? I'm seeing people say IPAB is good, and I'm seeing people say Wooshbuild is better. So seems whichever I go with I'll be happy (personally I have 0 clue what the difference is lol).

Also, when I get the sky line - is there a way for me to make it so that it DOESN'T show the channels that have been removed (that way the bousquets is more cleaner and only shows working channels)?

Thanks in advance, any questions feel free to ask.

Check my sig for a cable receiver faq and my h2.h setup guide - the h2.h setup is almost identical to the H5.2TC in terms of setting up.

The H5.2TC doesn't have 2 cable ports - only 1 as the feed splits internally.

I use Wooshbuild on my H5.2TC and have done since the beginning and still going strong.

That splitter you have purchased doesn't look like an original labgear one ...better with a Technetix one.

Never used those cables - they look like they're mass produced though so quality and reliability can only be see after testing them.

Check my sig for a cable receiver faq and my h2.h setup guide - the h2.h setup is almost identical to the H5.2TC in terms of setting up.

The H5.2TC doesn't have 2 cable ports - only 1 as the feed splits internally.

I use Wooshbuild on my H5.2TC and have done since the beginning and still going strong.

That splitter you have purchased doesn't look like an original labgear one ...better with a Technetix one.

Never used those cables - they look like they're mass produced though so quality and reliability can only be see after testing them.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Regarding the splitter, what's the difference in that and a technetix branded one?

I'll check out your links and post Q's if I have any. Cheers buddy.

Technetix are what VM use and are generally more reliable ... the one on Amazon although has a Labgear sticker on it, looks like a cheap one that's just had a Labgear sticker put on it - these are genuine Labgear ones >

ae235

Technetix are what VM use and are generally more reliable ... the one on Amazon although has a Labgear sticker on it, looks like a cheap one that's just had a Labgear sticker put on it - these are genuine Labgear ones >

ae235

Ah that's annoying I bought a cheap one. I just got the one from this guys YT video in his description he uses.

Which do you recommend then is best? Labgear or Technix? Cheers!

BTW regarding the coax cables, I don't think they're cheap as I paid between £7-12 for them (bought two different length ones). I'll test however and if they're bad I'll replace.

Technetix splitters are best as they're what VM use but i've also used the one in the picture from Screwfix and it's been fine.

I didn't say the cables were cheap, just that they look mass produced and i've never seen them before but yeah, see how they perform as they may be ok :)

Ok, should I test my splitter I got first or just but the technix ones?

Thank you so much, checked out those links to the FAQ threat. So much value, hi5 man.

You can try what you've bought if you wish but for the sake of about a fiver, it's worth having the best stuff.

Glad you've found the threads helpful :)

Hey, just checked out your H2.H setup thread. You shown the setup for the back of the box, but not the other end (from the VM broadband, splitters etc.)

I've got VM broadband with my satellite cable plugged into it and the other end plugged into my very old Open box v5s (which will be binned once my zgemma h5.2tc arrives).

What do I do with that cable? since I have to plug the other coax cord in, i'm confused in this part. See picture.

Regarding the splitter, can you send me a link to the technix splitters to buy as can't find or tell which are genuine or not haha. I'll trust your word and get it since only a fiver.

thanks

Attachments

• 21124908_10212084639264574_750481529_o.jpg
    21124908_10212084639264574_750481529_o.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 88
Hey, just checked out your H2.H setup thread. You shown the setup for the back of the box, but not the other end (from the VM broadband, splitters etc.)

I've got VM broadband with my satellite cable plugged into it and the other end plugged into my very old Open box v5s (which will be binned once my zgemma h5.2tc arrives).

What do I do with that cable? since I have to plug the other coax cord in, i'm confused in this part. See picture.

Regarding the splitter, can you send me a link to the technix splitters to buy as can't find or tell which are genuine or not haha. I'll trust your word and get it since only a fiver.

thanks

You still need an internet feed to the box so unplug the ethernet cable from the v5s and plug it into the zgemma... you then unplug the white virgin wire at the bottom, plug it into a 2 way splitter, purchase 2 more pieces of cable (which you listed) to go from the 2 way splitter - 1 back into the router and the extra 1 to go into the RF IN on the zgemma (don't forget your F to RF adapter which you listed too).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...803068?hash=item4b210945fc:g:2WQAAOSwcgNZFI6m

You still need an internet feed to the box so unplug the ethernet cable from the v5s and plug it into the zgemma... you then unplug the white virgin wire at the bottom, plug it into a 2 way splitter, purchase 2 more pieces of cable (which you listed) to go from the 2 way splitter - 1 back into the router and the extra 1 to go into the RF IN on the zgemma (don't forget your F to RF adapter which you listed too).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...803068?hash=item4b210945fc:g:2WQAAOSwcgNZFI6m

Already purchased the F connector and two coax cables (see links in my OP). Regarding that ebay link to the two way splitter, it says 5-1000mhz. Should I get a 5-2400MHz one instead or doesn't matter? thank you

Got it, will order now then. Just wondering, it says two way splitter but has 3 ports on the same side?

Just a different design - the port on the right is for IN, the middle one to zgemma and the left one to the router.

Got it, just ordered now. Thank you so much for putting up with my nooby questions. I've learned a LOT more in this forum in one night than when I used to buy and get mugged off by other people on facebook. Btw, the splitter I bought from that amazon link in my OP, it's sold by Labgear so it must be official right? Regarding the coax cables you said may be mass produced, can you send me a link to legit/best ones so I can buy in case ones i got are bad.

I also got scammed after ordering a £150 zgemma h2h box last week with sly and vermin line, didn't come and now guy is making excuses. From now on, I'll buy myself and set up myself. It doesn't look like rocket science, and there's a lot of support here to not go wrong!

Got it, just ordered now. Thank you so much for putting up with my nooby questions. I've learned a LOT more in this forum in one night than when I used to buy and get mugged off by other people on facebook. Btw, the splitter I bought from that amazon link in my OP, it's sold by Labgear so it must be official right? Regarding the coax cables you said may be mass produced, can you send me a link to legit/best ones so I can buy in case ones i got are bad.

I also got scammed after ordering a £150 zgemma h2h box last week with sly and vermin line, didn't come and now guy is making excuses. From now on, I'll buy myself and set up myself. It doesn't look like rocket science, and there's a lot of support here to not go wrong!

The Labgear splitter on Amazon isn't sold by Labgear, it says by "Labgear" - this is just an option that the seller has to list the brand... if you look on the right of the page, it says "Sold by THE ELECTRICAL SHOP".

If you check my cable receiver faq, there's a link to the cable in there and a good tool to put your own fittings onto the ends (compression fittings).

I and a lot of other people on here have bought boxes that have supposedly been setup and after finding out how to do it ourselves and how easy it is, wondered why we didn't do it in the first place.

I would recommend ipab or grogs build in the download section. Im using grogs build at the moment and it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend ipab or grogs build in the download section. Im using grogs build at the moment and it's great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Never heard of Grogs image before.

Will try out IPAB and flash that when box arrives tomorrow. Thanks!

Hey box arrived today and all has been plugged in and setup. All that's left is flashing it with IPAB and adding Vermin and Sly subs.

Btw, I noticed many people doing this method, their VM broadband has an attutentor on it that came with it. My router doesn't have one of those attutentors, should I buy one?

Back