New dish setup

On my zgemma h9s, I get an S.N.R. of 56% on the transponder 11264 V 27500 2/3 on 28.2e, and have been having a few issues with those channels. Is that normally a weak transponder, or has my dish most likely been battered by the winds and is in need of a realignment?

How high can I go with the pole? The darn house comes in the way when trying to get 42e and 52e :rage:

I think I may need to go have the pole about 1m above the top bracket, but will have to get the ladder out to see if even that will work

How high can I go with the pole? The darn house comes in the way when trying to get 42e and 52e :rage:

I think I may need to go have the pole about 1m above the top bracket, but will have to get the ladder out to see if even that will work
You would be ok with 1m gets a little windy you may loose signal on weaker sats as the dish gets blown about.

Download the satcatcher app on your phone
Hold your phone up where you have positioned your Satellite dish Then check all
The transponders That your line of sight is not being blocked Then move your satellite dish up until the line of sight is clear

As for 28.2 east you s.n.r on the v and h side
E F G should be 80% As this is high responsive Transponder

I use Horizion hdsm u.s.b
Also have satlink h.d
And lacuna mk v1
Also had satcatcher
Personal opinion your best to buy battery
Meter For extra 25 poumd you can buy
V8 finder With a motorisied satellite system
You need a decent meter If you lose signal
It will be quick and easy to use

How long does it typically take you professionals to install a motorised dish?

I'm planning to do it when I have 2 days free straight. One to do the dish, and the second to take the cable across the garden.

But if it takes you Pros a good few hours, I may need to give myself extra time.
I installed my own motorised system & once i had everything in place to begin the dish install, it took me around 2 hours. I installed my dish at ground level, fixed to a solid garden slab......it will be considerably more time consuming & awkward if you are up a ladder. Do your research, buy quality cable & top spec lnb, have the right tools handy & it is relatively straight forward if you have a bit of technical know how & you are fairly handy.

Remember, the dish is offset....meaning the signal hits the dish at a significant angle....so, the line of sight of your dish is not direct.

Remember, the dish is offset....meaning the signal hits the dish at a significant angle....so, the line of sight of your dish is not direct.
I've used two of the iPhone apps to check line of site, do they count for offset, or will I need to adjust for that?

They mention the elevation, and I do see the further east/west you go, the lower down the sat is.

Last edited:
A bit offtopic,

I set my viark box up last week and to my surprise, I'm picking up some channels on 13e, 19.2e, and 23.5e with my zone 1 dish pointing at 28.2e - is that quite normal?

It's got me intrigued

Last edited:
A bit offtopic,

I set my viark box up last week and to my surprise, I'm picking up some channels on 13e, 19.2e, and 23.5e with my zone 1 dish pointing at 28.2e - is that quite normal?

It's got me intrigued
you are not picking up channels on 13 , 19 or 23 with a dish pointing at 28

That's what I would have thought, but I am getting a couple of the movistar channels, eleven sports, and one or two from italian ones somehow

That's what I would have thought, but I am getting a couple of the movistar channels, eleven sports, and one or two from italian ones somehow

I can 100% tell you that you are NOT picking up signals from 13 19 or 23 if your zone1 dish is pointing at 28

Back