GrogBuild Openatv 6.4 v 7

I've not noticed the 'new' prefix bit but my path on ViX is /media/autofs/recordings/ and that works okay.
Willo you may have yours setup differently but with openatv there is a default path as standard plugin works with openatv6.4 with same default settings,but as Grog said openatv they keep changing things.

Attachments

• movie.jpg
    movie.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 19
  • organiser.jpg
    organiser.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 17
  • planner.jpg
    planner.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 17
  • planner2.jpg
    planner2.jpg
    481.8 KB · Views: 18
It must just pick up on what bookmarks you have set

1664396431918.png

1664396479878.png

EDIT: ..... it does. Just added another location to test it.

1664396961863.png

Last edited:
yes so you have set up bookmarks to four recordings folders , mines is just setup as default I only save to media/hdd/movie folder as usual as most will do in recordings settings. But anyway that does not matter it may work on VIX py3 but not openatv7.0 or 7.1
not tried atv 7+ for a while, did the plugin not load or just not pick up the bookmarks available? or is it just the NEW ithat doesnt work?

yes so you have set up bookmarks to four recordings folders , mines is just setup as default I only save to media/hdd/movie folder as usual as most will do in recordings settings. But anyway that does not matter it may work on VIX py3 but not openatv7.0 or 7.1

I haven't tried ATV but if you only have one default bookmark for recordings then I wouldn't expect MovieOrganiser to find any more. It should give you the choice of whatever bookmarks have been set.

not tried atv 7+ for a while, did the plugin not load or just not pick up the bookmarks available? or is it just the NEW ithat doesnt work?
Plugin loads fine but Yes, New does not work and as @Willo3092 mentioned I only have default path set in recordings so no other bookmarks so that will be why I do not have other choices available.

I am using OpenATV 6.4 with grogbuild (which I love). While upgrading OpenATV image 6.4 I am seeing that this is now End of life. I see discussion above about OpenATV being python 3 etc but a layman question: Is there going to be some builds like @grog68 's Grogbuild or wooshbuild etc? I am currently sticking with OpenATV 6.4 but now that it is showing end of life I am wondering how long before we see some builds on OpenATV 7

I am using OpenATV 6.4 with grogbuild (which I love). While upgrading OpenATV image 6.4 I am seeing that this is now End of life. I see discussion above about OpenATV being python 3 etc but a layman question: Is there going to be some builds like @grog68 's Grogbuild or wooshbuild etc? I am currently sticking with OpenATV 6.4 but now that it is showing end of life I am wondering how long before we see some builds on OpenATV 7
Depending on your box there will still be builds out there such as Willobuild that is build on latest VIX which uses python 3.

I don't think wooshbuild has been touched in a good while and I would not expect it to be updated any time soon if ever.

The same goes for Grogbuild to be honest, at the moment I just don't have the time to go through everything, I did try when ATV 7 came out and did get somewhere, but then ATV 7.1 appeared and some of my updates stopped working so I gave up, with the intention of getting back to it some time soon when a stable release was infact stable, but as I say, life is getting in the way these days and I just can't commit.

Aparrently ATV 6.4 will no longer be supported past December, that doesn't mean it is going to stop working on January 1st, but over time some plugins may stop working. I just use my box for recording/playback, which I don't really need as we have catchup theses days, but if it gets to the stage I can no longer record the wifes soaps then I may be forced to make time to sort it.

The problem is not so much the images or builds but rather the plugins and modifications that are included with them.

I had to ditch a lot of plugins and mods such as KiddaC's EPG tabs skin enhancement and start from scratch.

The main problem is that some of the plugin authors have either passed away or moved on to other stuff and no longer maintain or update their plugins.
Some of the plugins were encrypted so impossible for anyone else to modify them either.

Personally I think a lot of IPTV providers will drop Enigma2 altogether anyway as it's so easy to get server details from them so security is a nightmare.

Many people use ATV 6.4 so I don't think it will be going anywhere for a good while yet.
ATV not maintaining it will not stop it working. It might be a breath of fresh air not having to update the bloody things every other day!

Back