Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

Yes add username and password to generator to create script then copy and paste it in putty or openwebif terminal. You could just change username and password via vpn manager by pressing menu and changing username and password from there.

I don't see how the plugin would effect channels unless vpn is working but a poor connection is causing issues with internet.
OK cool, that was gonna be my next question, as to whether I can just change the username and password from the menu or if I have to run the script again.

@urie , not sure what that is/means?

@Techlingrad , I was referring to information on page one of this section.

Problem 1,

When enabling OpenVPN I lose internet connection.

Possible Solution

Goto your network settings on box and change DHPC to no then blue button to Edit DNS

Try Google DNS

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

@dsayers2014,
Hello there,
A very informative and quite simple guide you have put up here. Thank you for that.
Now the question, can you please confirm if this guide will work for the openatv ver. 6.4 on a zgemma h9s? I have been trying for two nights now, but despite doing everything according to your guide, i just cannot seem to get the vpn working. Just shows the red "stopped" sign no matter what i do.
I gathered that it didn't work on the 6.3 ver but worked on the 6.2 and 6.1 versions. but i already have 6.4 on the zgemma h9s and if it doesn't work on that, then i can install the older working versions, but am hoping that you might have fixed it for the 6.4.
Thanking you in advance.
sunash

Are you losing internet connection when trying to connect vpn if so you may need to change to google DNS servers.

Are you losing internet connection when trying to connect vpn if so you may need to change to google DNS servers.
no, the internet connection is still active, and i also tried with the google dns servers as well, but the vpn connection still shows red.

I can't remember but with ip Vanish do they have a different username or password for openvpn to account login?
i just use the same username and password to login the ip vanish website login as well as the login on the laptop when i need it. another thing though, in your guide, on the first page, you say to rename all the *.ovpn files to *.conf(or something to that effect), and then transfer them to a folder on the hdd/usb storage. do i need to do this because that is one thing i didn't do?
and thank you for the help.

Back