Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

I still need to find a login but don't you get an error when choosing a country in vpn manager?
once again apologies for the late reply, but business matters keeps me busy during the day. vpn manager is installed, but doesn't give any choice of choosing a country. the window on the left is blank. when i press start, a blue circle dance for a few seconds and then disappears, but no change in the ip addy. so i presume the vpn is not working.

i also included the script for creating a log file should anything go wrong, which according to the setup should be in the hdd folder, but nothing there either, no log file just two other folders, movies and timeshift, both empty.

i also included the script for creating a log file should anything go wrong, which according to the setup should be in the hdd folder, but nothing there either, no log file just two other folders, movies and timeshift, both empty.

I think dsayers2014 needs more info what script are you using there is script one page one you can download from https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfimquxeed9vctx/myvn.txt?dl=1
and also
OpenVPN script generator
and dsayers2014 needs ipvanish login details so he can check.

I think dsayers2014 needs more info what script are you using there is script one page one you can download from https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfimquxeed9vctx/myvn.txt?dl=1
and also
OpenVPN script generator
and dsayers2014 needs ipvanish login details so he can check.
hello urie,
thanks for that. i am confused here. i just compared both scripts( the one i got from the first page and the second from your post above), and they look different. i will use the one you posted and see if that makes a difference and reply back. with regards to ipvanish login details, can i pm them to dsayers2014?

sorry urie,
just tried the script you posted but same result. i will pm the ipvanish details to dsayers2014 and see where we get from there.

latest update for especially dsayers2014,
redone everything according to your guide and at last got it working properly. i don't know if anybody has a problem in the display of countries when you start vpn manager, but if you do, then(at least in my case), click on menu after opening vpn manager, and the first choice in the list of options, the default is "no" you need to change this to "yes". this will store your vpn files on your chosen storage device and also show you the list of countries in this window.
once again thanks to dsayers2014 for the patience and help he provided.

Need advice please i tried using putty and OpenVPN script generator,
but couldnt paste the info from the script generator into putty.
So i have wooshbuild on my box and saw it has a Vpn 'Add VPN Easy' , so i put my details in using Nord, and it loaded ok.
How do i check that it is hiding my streaming from isp, is there a way to check? Also will it automatically come on when i turn box on. Thankyou

I haven't used wooshbuild vpn plugin but doesn't the ip address change on the plugin when choosing countries? You can also try ip checker from plugins, download plugins, extensions.

I'm not sure if it starts on boot but you can goto openvpn in network menu and set it to auto start.

When i setup wooshbuild vpn, it gave you the option for Digibit, PIA, IP Vanish, Nord and Strong
i choose Nord and theVPN tro uk30.
i found if i go into Network, Network Service, Openvpn i see the vpn showing as running.
I used E2 Speedtest which shows my speed, but also showed my ISP Provider address.
So i downloaded the pluggin you said 'ip checker from plugins' and ran that and its shows my Local IP Address and the external IP adress, i checked the external Ip address on google and its showing as my internet provider address.

Last edited:
When i setup wooshbuild vpn, it gave you the option for Digibit, PIA, IP Vanish, Nord and Strong
i choose Nord and theVPN tro uk30.
i found if i go into Network, Network Service, Openvpn i see the vpn showing as running.
I used E2 Speedtest which shows my speed, but also showed my ISP Provider address.
So i downloaded the pluggin you said 'ip checker from plugins' and ran that and its shows my Local IP Address and the external IP adress, i checked the external Ip address on google and its showing as my internet provider address.
The add vpn to wooshbuild hasn't worked for a long time same as the add a line, you will have to use the script generator to get it to work on an e2 box.
Or a vpn router if you must.

When you paste in putty you just right click. You can also use terminal in openwebif.
Ok manage to do it with putty :-), and i used your Nord VPN Script , rebooted box went into 'VPN changer
changer and select the country you want to use.'
but there is nothing like that in it.
when you say VPN changer 'is it VPN Manager? i have in there
All config in one folder no
Save directory config: /hdd/NordVPN2/
Default dns 1: which has ip number
OpenVPN autostart yes
OpenVPN resolv: yes
Set optional VPN DNS sever: no
Vpn username which is in there
Vpn password which is there

when i check Ip checker it shows my isp provider

I'm not sure why but config settings don't seem to be saving change All config in one folder to yes then exit and see if they are there
yes that did it thankyou, all the list of uk with numbers then .nordvpn.com.udp came up.
choose of of them and says connected.
i checked ip checker and get
Local ip address is
ip address 10.8.3.21 uid 0
but external ip address is
blank

does that means its hiding me?

It should show vpn external ip address if not it maybe timing out by the time ip checker runs. Does vpn manager show a different ip address? Try different countries and run speed test plugin don't worry too much about speed ping is more important

It should show vpn external ip address if not it maybe timing out by the time ip checker runs. Does vpn manager show a different ip address? Try different countries and run speed test plugin don't worry too much about speed ping is more important
all working now, thankyou, can see the ip address of differant provider, is it normal to loose quite a bit of speed, reading speed on ispeed checker showing getting 20mb uk vpn, i am on a 300mb speed

all working now, thankyou, can see the ip address of differant provider, is it normal to loose quite a bit of speed, reading speed on ispeed checker showing getting 20mb uk vpn, i am on a 300mb speed
Is it 300 without vpn on speed test plugin? Loose some speed but shouldn't loose that much although 20mb is plenty for streaming on e2

120mb with vpn, but as you said it should be no problem 20mb
thanks again for the info and loads of information, took me a while getting there but got there in the end with your help, thankyou

Hi dsayers using ur VPN plugin working spot on mate....only thing is there anyway to stop VPN running everytime box reboots/switches on in morning ...prefer to just start it when needed for IPTV...

Back