Setup with unicable feed + standard diseqc feed

@Willo3092 just out of curiosity how would that work say for if you have sky downstairs on sky+ HD box zgemma h2s with remaining channels and a multiroom subscription upstairs for sky+ HD is it possible to use one of those or would it be better sticking to an 8 port Lnb

I don't really know about a genuine Sky receiver, I would guess not unless there is a way of configuring the tuners through the installer menu?

@Willo3092 just out of curiosity how would that work say for if you have sky downstairs on sky+ HD box zgemma h2s with remaining channels and a multiroom subscription upstairs for sky+ HD is it possible to use one of those or would it be better sticking to an 8 port Lnb

I could be wrong, but , as I understand it,
Unicable requires a specific type of tuner, it wont work with a normal sat tuner, so your box also needs to be unicable compliant,
I think the VU+ is one of the few commonly available boxes that are.

EDIT : although I think there is a splitter available now that works like some sort of Diseqc that allows a normal tuner to work on unicable

I don't really know about a genuine Sky receiver, I would guess not unless there is a way of configuring the tuners through the installer menu?
Was just wondering with it having image of 28.2e satellite receiver in image as ive got cables run all way round outside of house and looks a bit of an eye sore

Was just wondering with it having image of 28.2e satellite receiver in image as ive got cables run all way round outside of house and looks a bit of an eye sore

You can get unicable lnb's with legacy outputs as well. You could use legacy for the Sky receiver and unicable to everything else.

All my standard tuners work fine on unicable. They just need to be setup differently in tuner setup:

View attachment 34955

This is on a Formuler F1 with standard sat tuners

just had a look on my F1
yep, its there :)
will have a look at the edision OSmini in a bit

EDIT : just checked, it is available on the Edision OSmini as well :)

I wonder if this can be made to work via a diseqc as well,,,,,,,, o_O

Last edited:
On this setup could one record on 19.2 and view at the same time on the same sat as i like to record a lot on one sat and view on another hence multiple feeds.

It will depend on on your setup really. What box and tuners will you be using? I'm not sure if diseqc can be used on a unicable lnb. Mine is connected to legacy feeds.

Looking at post 1 i dont think it could hence the question.
Yes aware you can do multiple recordings on same tuner as done 3 on each tuner=6 in total on solo2.
Multisat for me more like it will be different.

It all depends on what type of tuners you have in your receiver and how many.
I don't know if you're just planning to replace your lnb with a unicable one or whether you're upgrading tuners to fbc as well?

If you have 2 FBC sat tuners and 2 unicable lnb's pointing at 19.2 and 28.2 you would have 8 tuners for each satellite without using diseqc.

Everything is standard like
vu solo2=2 tuners
et 8000 = 2 tuners
et10000 = 3 tuners.

My point was if newbies were starting from scratch and wanting info of recordings setup and viewing or viewing only on one box or setting up recordings on another box..
Ahh 8 tuners forgot that!
I think its too late for me to upgrade everything as too much expense or time needed

With standard tuners there's no difference at all after the initial setup.
A Unicable 2 LNB will provide either 24 or 32 feeds depending on which one you buy. (They're known as scr's rather than feeds but I'm trying to keep it simple).

The big advantage over standard Universal LNB's is that you can use splitters on the cable as per my diagram.
I have 1 cable from the LNB into the loft and then an 8 way unicable splitter which feeds the separate boxes.

You only need one cable to each box and then you can put a 3 way splitter on at the box end to feed the tuners on the et1000 for example.

@Abu Baniaz is a lot more knowledgeable than me on this subject (or any E2 subject) and might be able to explain better.
There is an excellent guide from Abu on another site :wink:

24 or 32 feeds or scrs Wow. At this time i have no upcoming upgrades to be done but nice to know things have moved much further on than scart lead lol Cheers.

I am using 80cm fixed and motorised and a sky dish fixed.
Maybe better to have 1 metre fixed and multiple lnbs for your choice and everything is in one spot and simple.

Back