Sly Italia gone Sly UK next?

If sky were stupid enough to shut down sd , ( and they could anytime) would they then stop the hd charge about £11 a month , (which must make them a right few quid a month ), or does anyone think it's good practise keeping sd and making millions on the hd charge ??

It's not to do with the hd sub it's the card/box so all they need to do is get everyone onto a new hd box even if they do not have hd sub which they could do easily but sly are greedy so they haven't. (if the card sharing market gets very big and effects them then they would)

Record profits and record subscribers say its not hurting them.

German Letter to dealer

Dear trade partners,
We are writing to inform you that, due to the necessary software updates the current HD satellite receiver only until 10:01. Can be issued in 2016.
All receivers that are already at that time with the customer, the update automatically and can still be used.

Receiver that work even after 01.10.2016 and no external software update are marked for better visibility with a yellow dot on the sandwich label.

We would ask you to spend first HD SAT devices without yellow dot to customers, since these from the 01.10.2016 can no longer be used!
To facilitate the "first in first out" principle, you will receive in the future on the issue of a receiver with yellow point during Aboaufnahme, the following notice (only if you have devices without yellow dot in the backlog):

-When Clicking "OK", the serial number is removed from the box,

-When "Cancel" you can enter the serial number still spend; but this is only recommended as a last resort, for example, if no device is discoverable without yellow dot. Other oral testimony:

At 18:01. to the conversion of the "encryption system" carried out so that all cards do only paired according field staff.

Not sure where you got that from but it reads and sounds about as legit as one of those spam emails from Nigeria. lol

Let's just say I would not go out and spunk money on a nice new sat box at the moment , due to what's happened lately in Italy , and now with the German side of sky about go go paired soon as well .

As wheelo said even if it does end we had a good run and saved a lot. Theres always iptv anyway am testing one at moment that i would say is better than the card sharing route but alot more expensive so even if it doesend theres always another route to take.

What IPTV is this? Do I need a different box or could I use it on the zgemma h2s? I have the IPTV that came with sucmnsee image but it's only really good for movies.

As wheelo said even if it does end we had a good run and saved a lot. Theres always iptv anyway am testing one at moment that i would say is better than the card sharing route but alot more expensive so even if it doesend theres always another route to take.

What IPTV is this? Do I need a different box or could I use it on the zgemma h2s? I have the IPTV that came with sucmnsee image but it's only really good for movies.

I use iptv on a mag 254 , , would even waste my time doing on it on my zgemma box

I use iptv on a mag 254 , , would even waste my time doing on it on my zgemma box

Why Ive set up IPTV on a Zgemma h.2s and it's good to be honest. £100 for the year. I use the iviewHD plugin.

Running out i use it on my mx box not my zgemma mate wudnt want to make it slower sat box for satellite android box for iptv

I think the main point lockeh is trying to make may have been missed by a few posters.
This isnt like all the other rumours.
Sky italy sd cardsharing is gone.
Like when hd went, the uk is Sure to follow.
So id say this ones a little more "real".
And one of the sky guys i use had a real giggle a cpl of weeks ago saying its all going in Feb but with no more details. (Now he could be full of shit tho lol)

We will probably see where sly are going with the SD situation when slyQ is released, but we will definitely have a heads up though as turning off SD means sly forcing everyone on an old SD box to upgrade to a HD box.

I am sure with a lot of money time and effort, cracking sly italia or any sly encryption algorithm can be done, but doubt anyone will bother as it's easier to offer the same service with HD for 4 or 5 times the price of cardsharing through IPTV (which is already happening)

The future is IPTV!

Would itv work on a VU+ box ok? Thinking of buying a box but if these rumours turn out to be true it would be nice to know I could still use my box.

Last edited:
What i have been reading on other forums is that Sky IT and Germany have changed over to DVB-S2 which all there boxes were on

Older Uk SD boxes do not have this option so it would still take Sky Uk to change all boxes over so i think we are safe for sometime yet.

Its when Sky start sending out new boxes to everyone.

Maybe we will see some changes with skyQ ...but can they force people to use hd only maybe they could just switch off sd...if so why not just do it ..mmmm

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Maybe we will see some changes with skyQ ...but can they force people to use hd only maybe they could just switch off sd...if so why not just do it ..mmmm

Sky still charge £10 a month to use HD so updating everyone to HD for free would be a big cost to them

Yes that's true ...maybe if hd was free ...then they might start winning the battle ..but looking at some of these iptv streams now ..flawless hd etc ..looks like it's a long battle ...and I for one will continue battling ..

Yea i have a IPTV running along side Sky on my Zgemma it adds a extra bouquet so channels that are on SKY get the same EPG i only use it for sky sports in HD and all the 3pm games tho nice little addition to my box

Does it work okay on the Zgemma iptv ..ive read it can be a bit hit and miss ...I use a firestick for my kodi ...etc

Back