Sly Italia gone Sly UK next?

Yea i have a IPTV running along side Sky on my Zgemma it adds a extra bouquet so channels that are on SKY get the same EPG i only use it for sky sports in HD and all the 3pm games tho nice little addition to my box

DO you mean you have the IPTV running on your Zgemma box? I am new to all this and was just about to purchase a Zgemma and line but paranoid in case I don't even get a year of viewing out of it, but if I know I can go over to IPTV with the box it isn't so bad !

Yea i have a amazon box also but woks fine on the zgemma,

its not in TSmedia that stuffs all hit and miss its a extra server i pay for adds IPTV onto the TV selection list

ALL CHANNELS
ENTERTAINMENT
SPORTS
MOVIES
IPTV

like that i would take a picture but i am at work ill try and add one later when i am home. i can add VOD in Dreamplex also but not got round to setting that up on the Zgemma yet as i use my Amazon box for movies etc

SO in you experienced guys opnion, if you didn't have a box would you buy one now and get a line ?
I think the wetek box does both ...or a amino A3 but if you ask in the main section ..ie satellite or cable you might get a better response cheers j [emoji1]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Think he meant iptv running

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Never

---------- Post Merged at 09:07 AM ----------

What i have been reading on other forums is that Sky IT and Germany have changed over to DVB-S2 which all there boxes were on

Older Uk SD boxes do not have this option so it would still take Sky Uk to change all boxes over so i think we are safe for sometime yet.

Its when Sky start sending out new boxes to everyone.

It will all change when the letter comes out from sky ,saying we will be closing down our sd service and your box will not be able to recive any more tv services , so here is a free upgrade to our hd box or spunk more cash on our latest box :beg:

It will all change when the letter comes out from sky ,saying we will be closing down our sd service and your box will not be able to recive any more tv services , so here is a free upgrade to our hd box or spunk more cash on our latest box :beg:

A free HD box from sky??? I wish lol

Why would sky close down the SD services when not all channels are in HD

A free HD box from sky??? I wish lol

Why would sky close down the SD services when not all channels are in HD

They wouldn't close down the SD service, they would just change it from DVB-S over to DVB-S2.

No not all channels are in hd, but these channels are not owned by sky, all of sky's own branded channels are in hd, if sky decide to close down the sd versions of these then it's game over.

What if i was a pensioner without a hd tv and i use sky and have done for years would i also get a free hd tv :)

Yea i have a amazon box also but woks fine on the zgemma,

its not in TSmedia that stuffs all hit and miss its a extra server i pay for adds IPTV onto the TV selection list

ALL CHANNELS
ENTERTAINMENT
SPORTS
MOVIES
IPTV

like that i would take a picture but i am at work ill try and add one later when i am home. i can add VOD in Dreamplex also but not got round to setting that up on the Zgemma yet as i use my Amazon box for movies etc
What is that IPTV plugin you have for your zgemma box? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Of course it's worth buying a box. Even if you only got a month out of it, you would have been cheaper than subscribing to sly. As others say until sly upgrade everyone with a white Sky+ box to a shiny new black HD box then nothing will change. There is probably over 1 million white Sky+ boxes out there and with the money paid for the next 3 years of premiership football, it's highly unlikely that sly will foot the bill to replace all these boxes.

A bit off subject here , but has anyone saw the new prices for sky new Q box that comes out in Feb , trust me that is taking the mick when you see they prices !!! Should be reported to rip off Britain

Only seen BT Sport advertising 4K transmissions, sorry, but for the TV geeks out there who have jumped too soon,
you only get a picture quality as good as what you can receive, so 4K TV's are just a bit of a rip off
at the mo, I would wait until more channels start using the 4K technology. Best you can do at the mo is go cable with full HD
if you have it in your area.

Some asking questions about the end, others think they know, some taking the pi** and probably don't know either.

You probably are better off doing your own research and coming to you own opinion.

The rumours have been circulating for years so take a risk if you haven't done so already and buy a box! In a couple of months you will be in profit, then... just take each day as it comes with a smile on your face ;)

I think the point of the thread was just we hope its not a mark of things to come, like when italy hd went and uk followed.
I know nothing about the technicalities of that follow on compared to whats happening now but would love to know can the exact same happen to the uk as what happened in italy or is there a hardware difference like someone said.
Not fueling the same old question, just looking for info on this instance. ;)

Its the SD boxes keeping sharing alive, from what I gather in Italy the sd and sharing hd boxes are defunct so not possible to cardshare any more.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Back