Sly Italia gone Sly UK next?

It's a thread about something that could happen, but hasn't happened or hasn't even been brought up by Sky yet. Just enjoy it while it last, it could be a week or 10 years who knows and really who cares as there is nothing we can do

if you have been around sly long then your gonna know that sly italia chose to drop all boxes in favour of the ultra HD box those that dont upgrade or need to upgrade will have firmware downloaded to the box they do it with every new upgrade, i think its about being the first they are the first to go black and normally by time other sats follow they are back up i know theres boxes being made that support ultra HD and then there are companies that are holding back until a clearer idea comes to what is going on, sly uk on the other hand upgrades their encryption via cards the boes apart from the Q box can adapt but sly knows that 45% of revenue comes from unemployed or low income and they wouldnt close the curtains on that amount.

Hi everyone firstly I'm a newbie so go easy.
I just want to post to say if you want to buy a new box I'd hold off for the moment as sly is coming to end my friend works for them and have been told they have changed code and will be switching channels off randomly they have already done this to a few ad channels Eurosport sky living sky sports 4 and a few others.
The next lot of channels will be some movies and all of the sky sports channels.
I'm hoping this can be sorted but by the end of April all channels will be gone so just a waiting game for us all now

Hi everyone firstly I'm a newbie so go easy.
I just want to post to say if you want to buy a new box I'd hold off for the moment as sly is coming to end my friend works for them and have been told they have changed code and will be switching channels off randomly they have already done this to a few ad channels Eurosport sky living sky sports 4 and a few others.
The next lot of channels will be some movies and all of the sky sports channels.
I'm hoping this can be sorted but by the end of April all channels will be gone so just a waiting game for us all now

Cool , thanks for the update too man
It's good to have friends in high places !

Probably has. I doubt Sky just tell random employees about their encryption practices. Like people who are mates with "Sky engineers" who just so happen to know the ins and outs of the entire system.

I'm pretty certain if this was a test and they have found an option to sort it out so we can't get anything it would be gone now! Just sit back and wait if it does it does I'm sure everyone would agree it was good whilst lasted

I think they have not turned it all off yet as they know the boffins are close to fixing it ( which they are making some progress ) and know it's futile to turn it all off as it will only speed up the determination of fixing it.

So instead they have taken out their prized asset SSBO just in time for one of the biggest fights ever. All this is to please shareholders IMO.

I can assure you I'm not making it up why would I do that as I'm on your side. Apparently it's all around sky my friends not an engineer he works in the back offices of sky. What I've been told is they have put a new encryption on different transponders and are slowly applying them to each transponder he told me that the movies are going to go down next within the week as with some sports. I just wanted to tell people not to jump in and buy a new box as
We don't know what is going to happen. I'm sure people in the know are trying their hardest to get it up and running again and really hope they do. Please believe me!! Just wanted to share what I've been told

Let them turn all the channels off, Id give it 2 weeks and it will be announced the new encryption has been cracked and everything is back on including sky italia.
I still think some smarty pants has cracked it already but wont release it till sky uk fully encrypt all their channels.

Let them turn all the channels off, Id give it 2 weeks and it will be announced the new encryption has been cracked and everything is back on including sky italia.
I still think some smarty pants has cracked it already but wont release it till sky uk fully encrypt all their channels.

No chance ,

Back