Sly Italia gone Sly UK next?

Ok this might be a silly question but if sly uk goes will cardsharing in ireland still be possible or will that be gone aswell?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok this might be a silly question but if sly uk goes will cardsharing in ireland still be possible or will that be gone aswell?

If in ireland and you or using 28.2E sat, then yes. They not picky.

With the introduction of the new Sly Q box system it would only be until they make a few million off that to replace all the older generation sly boxes everyone has or offer a " free upgrade" which we would all hear about before any sort of switch off / over happens.
There's way too many standard subscribers out there for Sly to just turn off SD services. the Sly Q looks like their IPTV offering paired with mobile streaming etc. It launches in a couple of weeks so we'll see what happens after the 11th.

I agree spike2k1, but for me its the loss of the SD channels not the service I can't imaging sky loosing so many channels just to switch us all to HD, surly the TV channels have contracts with sly to broadcast the channels

Thing is sly charge for using HD so cannot see them giving that away for nothing aswell as HD boxes

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Sky can switch of SD when they want there is nothing you can do about it even if you just signed up for SD off sky I signed up with Sky with Anlogue before they switched to Digital, When the started taking the channels away I refused to pay them as i was not getting the channels I paid for, They threatened me with breach of contract I sought legal advise to which a letter was sent to sky that they breached the contract as it was not in there Terms and Conditions ( they soon dropped their action ) You will now find its written in there and can change anything
That been said they will loose millions getting rid of SD

How many of these SD boxes actually subscribe to premium packages like sky movies and sky sports ?

This could reduce the amount of boxes they need to replace by moving just sky movies and sports packages to HD.

I have no idea how many SD boxes are premium subs so it mightn't be a problem.

I think its Multi room that keeps CS alive. Most would have upgraded by now but how many decide to use the old SD box in there bedroom? Sly where pushing this a few years back in fact made an assumption that this was what I was doing and charged me!
The old SD box still sits in the loft I think lol

Anyone have a update on this?

Yes... Lines are coming to an end at 10pm tonight, line providers will melt away at midnight and all satboxes will explode resulting in a black hole created in London swallowing up all MP's and Justin Beiber will become ruler of the world lol

j/k nothings changed so far so fingers crossed

People keep going on about the older sd boxes Just remember a lot of people have the older T V,s so HD can't work on them They can't force people to change their TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the biggest problem is people arent aware exactly what happened in italy (the details) and why its massively unlikely to happen here anytime soon....
Anyone confirm they stopped transmitting sd all together and that cant happen here because of all the customers with older boxs would need swapped out. Not to mention the tv side not being able to pick up the hd.
Is that roughly close?

It's this simple.

All the boxes will be switched off in April, no more c/s it will all end

the end.png

Just like they switch them off every year lol

Better ??? :laughing:

I think the biggest problem is people arent aware exactly what happened in italy (the details) and why its massively unlikely to happen here anytime soon....
Anyone confirm they stopped transmitting sd all together and that cant happen here because of all the customers with older boxs would need swapped out. Not to mention the tv side not being able to pick up the hd.
Is that roughly close?

I think its an encryption change and not the sd channels that have stopped broadcasting. (I believe) and also even if sd channels stop broadcasting you can put hd channels on sd tv's. I have done this on tm800 and other tm hd box's by outputting via scart lead. I had hd channels on 14" old portables.

Is that roughly close?

I think its an encryption change and not the sd channels that have stopped broadcasting. (I believe) and also even if sd channels stop broadcasting you can put hd channels on sd tv's. I have done this on tm800 and other tm hd box's by outputting via scart lead. I had hd channels on 14" old portables.

We know you can watch HD channels on a non HD television What they have done with sky Italia is to slow ecm times down so watching a programme makes it unwatchable This is what they did to HD As a lot of sd customers did not change to HD boxes as they can't force them to do In the end what is the point of paying for HD channels if you can't watch HD on your telly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you check the sly forum you will see this! I've received an email from Sky telling me I can claim a free Sky+HD box as a thank you for my customer loyalty. Is this leggit as I am always wary of too-good-to-be-true offers via email?
It is legitimate but some people think it's a scam and delete email, others only have a single feed and are not prepared to pay £60 for installation and others are just not interested in an HD box. So unless sly are prepared to pay millions to change all these SD boxes and force everyone into an HD box then nothing is going to change.

Back