Switching to IPTV , what box should i buy?

Hi all , i am gonna move over to IPTV following the well publicised problems with satboxes at the moment.

What box for IPTV do you recommend people get and why ?

Thanks for any help !

Cheers

You can choose m8.. firestick/box.. android box... Smart TV... Even some sat boxes can run IPTV well. If you have any of the above already, get a test try it and see how it goes.

Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yes I am also looking at getting a mini box looked at the mags.. I currently use a zgemma H2s but wanted something bit smaller and more powerful without spending huge amounts.
So I take it 256 is more powerful then the 254? What about the zgemma iptv mini boxes.

From a friends experience he has a Zgemma and finds the IPTV to be slightly more unstable.

He recently upgraded to the Mag 256 and said it is a different class.

The Mag 256 is more powerful than the Mag 254

Sounds good. Thing is my iptv supplier for some reason does not give FULL SD list like the c line I use to have.. So I am still running a line as well as the iptv as still watching + channels and lot others kids etc.
So am I right in thinking that FULL package iptv is nothing like FULL satellite c line regardless who I go with? I have lot access to only fools and horses etc but rather have full channel list don't have to be HD neither.

this all depends on your supplier. I have 3 suppliers one is able to get me 90% of all sly channels plus international channels, like pakistani indian greek french canadian etc etc but the channels will often not work or become unstable, the other 2 are more uk and sport centric and have been extremly stable since jan 2017. I have 3 separate providers as a back up. you will never really be able to fully replace all the the sly listing with iptv as the infra is just not good enough. but 70% availability is still good enough for the time being.

At the moment i have a zgemma box with a sly line installed. I have added my IPTV subs manually to the box without channel numbers or epg. Any channel i cant get on the line il pick up on iptv as well as all the HD channels. and ppv events.

It all come down to what your after while managing your expectations as IPTV is still in its youth and needs time and investment to mature and become stable...

this all depends on your supplier. I have 3 suppliers one is able to get me 90% of all sly channels plus international channels, like pakistani indian greek french canadian etc etc but the channels will often not work or become unstable, the other 2 are more uk and sport centric and have been extremly stable since jan 2017. I have 3 separate providers as a back up. you will never really be able to fully replace all the the sly listing with iptv as the infra is just not good enough. but 70% availability is still good enough for the time being.

At the moment i have a zgemma box with a sly line installed. I have added my IPTV subs manually to the box without channel numbers or epg. Any channel i cant get on the line il pick up on iptv as well as all the HD channels. and ppv events.

It all come down to what your after while managing your expectations as IPTV is still in its youth and needs time and investment to mature and become stable...

Stick with the zgemma and spend a bit of time setting it up so your epg is the same as normal and it updates daily.

Granted the zgemma can struggle with hd channels but with sd there should be no issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZGemma have the i55, which is meant for iptv as it has no tuners, so is cheaper.
It looks like it has the same high speed core of the H2S.

I'm using zgemma H 2s with no issues at all other than still frame for couple of seconds when first zapping to HD channels then catches up and runs fine, nice EPG using epg installer downloaded from plugins

the Mag boxes seem pretty peerless up to now, I've got my eye on the zgemma i55 as that looks a nice set up with the sky skin and epg

I've seen a sly q skin for kodi. No reason why you could run IPTV on kodi however the channel numbering might be the only issue. I tried it before on a Nvidia shield in the bedroom and streaming channels from my zgemma downstairs. Granted thats not IPTV but the principle is the same

I've seen a sly q skin for kodi. No reason why you could run IPTV on kodi however the channel numbering might be the only issue. I tried it before on a Nvidia shield in the bedroom and streaming channels from my zgemma downstairs. Granted thats not IPTV but the principle is the same

Is there any way to stream content from one kodi box to another? One nice feature of linux sat was the ability to stream satellite to a tablet using Dreamdroid but it seems as though most IPTV subs that I've seen are tied to a single MAC address to (ironically) prevent account sharing.

I was planning to just use IPTV on the FireTV since my sat box is neither new nor fancy enough to support IPTV but I could potentially pick up a Zgemma eventually if that's going to allow more features.

Back