Looks same to me but gearbest are out of stock , have a look on fleabay . When I was looking I decided not to get the 905 processor , go for the 912 or the 3328 , min 2Gb 16gb ...but the more the merrier , think mine is 3gb and 32gb

Why don't ya go for the new amlogic chipset s905x2 new graphics chip as well try searching for t95q it comes with 4gb ram.

Why don't ya go for the new amlogic chipset s905x2 new graphics chip as well try searching for t95q it comes with 4gb ram.

The t95q comes with 8.1 can it be updated to 9.0. Or will it forever be on 8.1 android? Thanks

Nivada Sheild is total overkill for just iptv. I would look at a formuler box as they are good value. Which ever box you get if your network is not correct you will have problems.

Nvidia Shield is an excellent all round device, iptv works really well on it and a good choice off apps work on it to run your iptv, and a great picture quality over some cheaper android boxes out there with the right supplier of course.

Tried lots of different android boxes and gone back to fire tv box. I find it runs everything fine but I use a tp link not wireless so could that could be your issue.

The remote is infa red so needs to see the box, theres an X10 box about £25 on eBay that comes with fitting kit for bk of tv, and has a little receiver thats a lot smaller than the box, they connect via Bluetooth as well as usb dongle, all the things on an Android phone are on the box, try and get a box with latest Android operating system 7.1 upwards although 6 still works well, if you need any help pm me m8

Bluetooth is a must, I remember Widcomm used to provide some very good solutions but it was later acquired by Broadcomm and I don't know that Android box uses their Bluetooth technology or not.

Must say I had a Formuler Z7+ great wee box then upgraded to nvidia shield even better faster zapping etc also using a tp link modem router just because I don't like isp devices

I wouldn't bother with the formuler boxes if ya spending over £100 Ya might as well get a shield. You will receive years of updates, plus everything will work Netflix, prime etc.

But even the shield is overkill for what you need. Other option is get a s905x3 android box, search ebay they around £40.

Personally I have a 4k firestick and I prefer it over any android box I have ever had, because it gets constant updates and everything just works. I'm running kodi, smarters and plex etc.

I wouldn't bother with the formuler boxes if ya spending over £100 Ya might as well get a shield. You will receive years of updates, plus everything will work Netflix, prime etc.

But even the shield is overkill for what you need. Other option is get a s905x3 android box, search ebay they around £40.

Personally I have a 4k firestick and I prefer it over any android box I have ever had, because it gets constant updates and everything just works. I'm running kodi, smarters and plex etc.
I agree if your going to buy a z8 you may aswell by a sheild.

There is a guy on ebay and amazon selling the sheild tv for £95 without remote. You can buy the remote for £27 so I total £122 not bad.
I have just done the above.

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good hardwired android box?
I’m using stbemu, plex and titanium tv
Internet speeds are shocking over vpn with my current firestick with it being wireless, plus it’s struggling to process the demands.
I’ve been looking at the formuler and Nvidia shields, any opinions greatly appreciated!
Plus 4K is a must ;)
TIA
If you want a proper 4k experience you will need to pay for a dedicated provider such as Netflix or Amazon Prime etc. This will give you Dolby Atmos 3D audio as well as 4X higher resolution than 1080. The best way to do that is via an app installation on your existing TV.
No IPTV supplier can provide that.

A good IPTV provider can supply you with all the rest you need. The best android device to run the rest on is the BuzzTV XRS4500. Why? It is a dedicated purpose made IPTV box with a backlit remote control and more RAM than a Formuler Z8 which scrolls EPG better so zaps quicker. I had a Formuler Z8 and six months ago it was rated as the best. Then it was bettered by a BuzzTV XRS4000 with double the storage and RAM so I bought one of them. Now the bar has been raised further with the BuzzTV XRS4500 which has a backlit remote control, which is what I now have and the best android box IMO.

Back