Covid19 Vaccination

I'm of the opinion that if you own a business you run it as you please lawfully.
If P&O cruises don't want punters who have not had the jab so be it it's there choice they call the shots.
This human rights nonsense has gone too far.
When you commit a heinous crime of say murder and get locked up you should forfeit your human rights immediately, no pool table, internet access and mobile phones.

Lovely report from the Metro telling the story of many Britons pulling out of AstraZeneca vaccination appointments...
I suppose it has to be expected because I don't hear anyone calling heads of European states "conspiricy theorists" for banning AstreaZeneca
I had my offer of an appointment ages ago (which I ignored) and it didn't even state the vaccine manufacturer.

Brits 'pulling out of vaccine appointments' after EU revolt over Oxford jab
You don't know what vaccine your having till your at the vaccine centre and when there there not giving all same vaccines there's different manufacturer ones there it's just go sit down inject you wait 15 minuites then done

You don't know what vaccine your having till your at the vaccine centre and when there there not giving all same vaccines there's different manufacturer ones there it's just go sit down inject you wait 15 minuites then done
I was wheeled out

yes, I'm aware of the NHS standard of healthcare, no choice in anything, take it or leave it.

sure, you're entitled to your point of view, I've been on the receiving end of NHS and I'd rate it as 'third rate'.

Fair enough. Everyone has their own experience of the treatment they have received.

IMaybe try private health care if you can afford to do so?

Fair enough. Everyone has their own experience of the treatment they have received.

IMaybe try private health care if you can afford to do so?

Yes, I do have my own experience and I do believe that it is normal to base your opinion on any service on your own experience, but I'm struggling
to understand how you then go on to "private health care"? I haven't had private health care, so regarless of whether I can afford it or not, how on earth can I comment on it?

Have you had private care? Has your experience been better? Please explain the relevance of private.

Yes, I do have my own experience and I do believe that it is normal to base your opinion on any service on your own experience, but I'm struggling
to understand how you then go on to "private health care"? I haven't had private health care, so regarless of whether I can afford it or not, how on earth can I comment on it?

Have you had private care? Has your experience been better? Please explain the relevance of private.

I was just stating you have an option to seek private health care if what you have received from the NHS is not t your satisfaction.

From there you can have a basis to go by in which type health care suits your needs.

No I havent had private health care. As the service I have received from the NHS over the years I have deemed to be of a satisfactory level hence I did not have any reason to go private.

I got mines last Saturday morning, AstraZeneca, had no after effects at all, not too worried about clots, I am on blood thinners anyway, have been for over 4 years now. I think its better to get some sort of Vaccine, rather than none, risks of getting covid and passing it on are greater than suffering a blood clot.

Some places do let you know in advance though but not all. At the moment with only 2 vaccines in use it's a 50/50 chance.

Be careful what you ask - You might get an answer that you cant unsee :)

I don't think there have been hundreds of thousands mate, and if you were correct, they would have tried many different attempts at vaccine, that is not the same as hundreds of thousands being tested with the one vaccine. For instance, If I wanted to get the Pfizer vaccine (Keep it Irish lol), I would want many, many people tested with the pfizer vaccine, it is immaterial how many have been tested with the 'Oxford Vacine', or any other vaccine.
For me personally, I will not be in any major rush to get vaccinated, I do actually want to see the short, or even medium term results for reactions/ ill effects. I have been living my life carefully since I trundled home from Lanzarote in Mid March, and fully intend to keep on doing so.
I do get the general gist of your post, in relation to the tin foil hat brigade, but others ( me included) are just conservative when it comes to untested Medicines. If there were no risk, the Irish Government would not have indemnified the vaccine makers, nor would they have sought the same from the Government (can't speak for the UK government, But I presume ye are the same)

As you might guess - No, I will not be rushing out to get it, will I in the medium term - yes probably. The most likely thing that will force my hand is if certain countries refuse access to those who have not been vaccinated, and I want to go there.

But why the caravan then?
Finally, someone on my wavelength, I’m not antivaccine but EVERYONE that has been vaccinated has and will be entered into an official experimental and research program, monitored for a min of two years for possible side effects. All information is available on all government web sites including W.H.O. it's not a secrect but you have to look or ask for the info.

Back