Hoping someone can help me out. I have a Vu Solo2 that I have flashed with Open ATV 7 and I am trying to install XE using command:
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh
in terminal but it won't install. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

cheers
That's not the correct command for python3 images.
Try this command
wget -O /tmp/install.sh "http://xeev.net/files/ipk/install3.sh" && chmod 755 /tmp/install.sh && /tmp/install.sh

Great guide. I had to change player to DVB(1) on my ZGemma H52TC for decoding H265 hvec channels. It may be worth updating the original post for anyone else having same issues.

How do I know if exteplayer is active in service app? By looking at this screenshot -is it the active player?

Attachments

• serviceApp.jpg
    serviceApp.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 19
OK. I guess Open PLi doesn't show the iptv player But by looking at my first screenshot of the Service App, do you think the exteplayer is active?

Yes this is python 2.7 version. Python 3 is also available now in OpenPLi but I don't see the need for it. I maybe wrong about that though -not an expert at these things

OpenPLI is PY3 has been for god knows how long.

And you need py3 or you will fall behind in terms of the newer plugins skins etc.

OpenPLI is PY3 has been for god knows how long.

And you need py3 or you will fall behind in terms of the newer plugins skins etc.
PY 3 (OpenPli 9) has been available for a few months, but PY2 is still going strong. My image is from 2024118 OpenPli 8.3)

Outdated images still work.
I'm using atv 7.3, prior to this I was using 6.4, I can go back to 6.4 if I wanted to, but newer plugins don't work on 6.4 because it uses py2 which is why I'm not using it.

I've no idea why you insist on using outdated software when newer images are available, the reason I stopped using py2 was because things stopped working as they should
Because I sometimes use E2iPlayer which only runs on PY2 -at least this version does.

Back