GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
grogbuild has always been the same, holding the OK down (long press) changes channel and exits, if you want to change so the short press of the zaps + exits then press epg button to get channels up, now press the menu button and scroll down to 'OK button (short)' and change it to zap+exit and then press the green button to save.

Thanks mate that worked.
Great build by the way.

Hi
just flashed my zgemma H7c with openatv 6.1 then tried flashing with your freerange but when i put the line in on the terminal it asks me what skin then starts downloading but its not able to download anything and then my box reboots and its all messed up with no channels and no plugins, can anyone help please.

OpenATV feeds are messed up at the moment and are being updated so it looks like download plugins are offline at the moment.

ATV have taken down their servers for maintenance so you are unable to download the latest ATV for your box or install plugins which means Grogbuild FreeRange can not be installed at the moment.

I will update when it's back online

ATV appears to be partially back up, if you are updating to latest version of ATV by flashing online you may find the list of images is blank, switch between 6.1 and 6.2 a couple of times and the list appears to populate although the latest images are a few days old.

Grogbuild FreeRange can now be installed using openVIX as the base build. I've spent the past couple of days testing on my VU+ and works fine but would be interested to hear from others who prefer to use openVIX. Unfortunately OpenVix users can't restore backup during setup of Grogbuild FreeRange but if you need to you can still restore settings once set up.

If you opt not to restore your backup during the setup process you are now prompted for your Cable NetID and Sky/FreeSat region if you are using them.

gave this a go ,just to see what its like
works very good on the h2s,started a fresh no backups
but not sure it it was my fault or the build as i only had one tuner switched on so had to do that
changed a few other things to my own pref regards the ok button
i also installed crossepg on sat as it more accurate than rytec
also had to change auto lang orig/english as i always do as some channels get the audio description (normally mtv have wrong sound playing)

but what i did like is kiddacs sly skin with all mods (except the movie mod)

but running great atm as it should as its openatv

oh and can we have another boot screen lol

gave this a go ,just to see what its like
works very good on the h2s,started a fresh no backups
but not sure it it was my fault or the build as i only had one tuner switched on so had to do that
changed a few other things to my own pref regards the ok button
i also installed crossepg on sat as it more accurate than rytec
also had to change auto lang orig/english as i always do as some channels get the audio description (normally mtv have wrong sound playing)

but what i did like is kiddacs sly skin with all mods (except the movie mod)

but running great atm as it should as its openatv

oh and can we have another boot screen lol
Glad it worked for you, the setup script does enable the first sat tuner if sky/freesat is set during setup as atv appeared to have it disabled but not figured out how to detect how many tuners there are, I'm at silverstone for F1 tomorrow but when I get back I will see if I can find a way to enable all tuners.

I don't install crossepg as the build was originally aimed at cable boxes but might add that as an option if freesat and/or sky are selected during setup.

The audio is something I don't touch.

What's wrong with the boot screen? LOL

Excellent work , brought my mates old h1,back to life well done sir
Thats good to hear:)

Is openatv back up and running yet.
Yes, it was only down for a couple of days.

Can i just run the script through the terminal again and install over the top of whats on the box now then

Can i just run the script through the terminal again and install over the top of whats on the box now then

Hmm, you should be OK, you may see some errors on the screen if some plugins where installed etc, it won't kill the box if it messes up, but personally I would flash online again with latest atv so you know everything is upto date.

zgemma h5 works fine.usual glitchy channels like ch4+1 and dave dejavu and a few other free channels but the pay sport n movies etc all work

just bought h9t so gonna try it on that wen it arrives

Last edited by a moderator:
hi tried on zgemma 2s ...followed instruction but keeps bringing virgin media up and crashing ..probs something stupid .... any help do you have to put the vermin id for it 2 work as only sat my pal has

hi tried on zgemma 2s ...followed instruction but keeps bringing virgin media up and crashing ..probs something stupid .... any help do you have to put the vermin id for it 2 work as only sat my pal has
Sorry for slow response, have been away for few days at F1. Which skin did you select? vskin-hd or vskin-1080? I've noticed some slower boxes don't like the 1080 for some reason.

I dont select the vm but still comes up as its a zgemma 2s pal ...evething loads once you do autobougets its crashs as looking for vermin

I dont select the vm but still comes up as its a zgemma 2s pal ...evething loads once you do autobougets its crashs as looking for vermin
hmm ok, when it boots up, press menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> AutoBouquets Maker -> providers. Is VM selected? if so unselect it.

did you restore backup when you setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back