GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made an error earlier by trying to remove audio description and seem to have wiped everything. So i have put freerange on, but the freesat channels arent coming in. Need them because i dont get cable in my area. Also will i have to contact my provider? as my web tv has gone also.

I made an error earlier by trying to remove audio description and seem to have wiped everything. So i have put freerange on, but the freesat channels arent coming in. Need them because i dont get cable in my area. Also will i have to contact my provider? as my web tv has gone also.
Have you done an abm scan once everything was set up? you won't get any channels until you have run a scan.
if you don't have a copy of your iptv details/installation then yes you will need to contact your provider.

Yes done all that and it says ex amount of video x amount of radio, but nothing shows up on epg. Did epg as per instructions also. 1st time i tried, i could get tv up by pressing down button on remote. But not in regional order, then when i pressed epg whilst on a program (BBC1) an error occurred and box rebooted.
I followed the instructions on the link at the begining of the thread.

so if you press epg button what appears? do you get the different bouquets and channel names but no program info? or does it just crash?

Try Menu -> Settings -> Service Searching -> Autobouquets Maker -> Delete Bouquets and then once they have been deleted run a scan again.

Is your usb stick in the box initialised?

If the above doesn't work try removing AutobouqetsMaker (green button -> red button -> System Plugins -> AutobouquetsMaker) and then once removed, press the exit button once and then install it again (green button -> System Plugins -> AutobouquetsMaker) Once installed exit back to tv picture and then delete bouquets and run a scan as above.

We are really sorry. Your receiver encountered a software problem, and needs to be restatrted.
Please send the logfile/home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_xxxxxxlog to www.opena.tv.

Then errors listed including DVB service failed to tune-error1
etc etc

I took a picture before it rebooted but it wont load.

what box are you using? if a combi box like the H2H then disable the cable tuner (menu -> setup -> service searching -> Tuner configuration) and then run abm scan.

what box are you using? if a combi box like the H2H then disable the cable tuner (menu -> setup -> service searching -> Tuner configuration) and then run abm scan.
yeah h2h, judt tried that. Still crashes and reboots

When abm it says ni nims found for virgin (uk)

Did again after disabling all tuner b, 154 video came in and 37 radio but when i pressed epg it crashed again with software error.

Last edited:
Hi Grog,
Just flashed to your image and works really well :)
One thing i can't get my head around is how to change the front panel display to show the time instead of channel number?
On my previous image i had the option under Usage & GUI --> LED Display and then you could choose what to display.

Is there a similar feature in this image? if so, how can i find it?
Thanks!

=== UPDATE ===

Looks like the channel number is displayed when a programme is being recorded, once the recording finished the time was displayed on the front panel as normal!

Last edited:
Still crashing when accessing the epg, but i can view channels by pressing the up or down button.

Are you using latest OpenATV image then installing grogbuild free range or one of the older grogbuild images?

If using an older image probably best flashing latest OpenATV image then installing grogbuild.

You can try pressing TV button goto a bouquet choose a channel then try EPG.

Are you using latest OpenATV image then installing grogbuild free range or one of the older grogbuild images?

If using an older image probably best flashing latest OpenATV image then installing grogbuild.

You can try pressing TV button goto a bouquet choose a channel then try EPG.

Not sure, i flashed an old image by mistake whilst trying to get rid of audio description.
Then i followed the grogbuild free range tutorial.
When scanning it brings in 154 video and 37 radio but when i try to access epg it crashes.
I took a photo of the screen but dont know how to show it on here.

Flash OpenATV 6.2 then try free range, it's likely to be the channel numbers bug pressing TV button and choosing a channel should be able to sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back