Liberty shield vpn router

Me too mate, be interesting to see what speeds it gets at peak times as well. Was looking at getting it myself but don't know whether to just go all out and get a brand new router which can add on a vpn like the linksys wrt3200acm
Only thing with this one can't be reflashed but if it does its job £13.99 well spent and a lot less messing around with each device

Oh so you can't put any vpn on just the stock vpn
Yeah mate it has open vpn sticker saying open vpn compatable I think @makido has just ordered spider vpn router don't know if they can be flashed but I'm happy to pay prices for liberty if it does what it says on tin lol

I'm paying £20for the year for IPVanish so want to keep that and there speeds are actually quite good as well. Keep us updated mate

In atlanta Georgia on my phone getting 10mbps and 6 upload speed and on my box getting 12.73 download and 3.70 upload

In Ireland Kilcormac, Offaly (IE) Vodafone getting 25.7 download and 8.3 upload on wifi and my box getting 24.08 and upload 5.98 upload

In Ireland Kilcormac, Offaly (IE) Vodafone getting 25.7 download and 8.3 upload on wifi and my box getting 24.08 and upload 5.98 upload
Thanks for the update, interesting, think the ultimate test will be at peak times + Saturday 3pm's and of course how the consequential drop in speed affects the other members of your household, the kids! .

Thanks for the update, interesting, think the ultimate test will be at peak times + Saturday 3pm's and of course how the consequential drop in speed affects the other members of your household, the kids! .
I'm gunna get all possible devices connected and run a test then see if they do drop more or stay same

Only small router lol

Attachments

• IMG_20190228_125931.jpg
    IMG_20190228_125931.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20190228_130023.jpg
    IMG_20190228_130023.jpg
    959.6 KB · Views: 52
So can you use your normal router and VPN router for other devices?

I.e. I wouldn't need my TV or games consoles on VPN so I would use them on isp router then streaming devices on VPN router.

Only other issues I've seen is VM routers need to be in modem mode so I couldn't do that unless things have changed

So can you use your normal router and VPN router for other devices?

I.e. I wouldn't need my TV or games consoles on VPN so I would use them on isp router then streaming devices on VPN router.

Only other issues I've seen is VM routers need to be in modem mode so I couldn't do that unless things have changed
@dsayers2014 All its a case of doing mate is plugging your ethanet into ethanet port 1 on vpn router and the other end into any available ethanet port on your normal isp router and still can use your vm/sky/bt router as normal I only have my tv phone and zgemma on vpn at minuite and all other devices on my sky router as normal

@dsayers2014 All its a case of doing mate is plugging your ethanet into ethanet port 1 on vpn router and the other end into any available ethanet port on your normal isp router and still can use your vm/sky/bt router as normal I only have my tv phone and zgemma on vpn at minuite and all other devices on my sky router as normal
Thanks for your last post, I didnt appreciate you could isolate the devices requiring vpn by only plugging their ethernet cables into the Libertyshield router. Therefore your non sensitive hardware i.e. laptops, xbox and so on still have full speed wi fi via your isp router, I didnt think it through it makes sense now, thanks again its been a worthwhile thread. Just one last thought, say you have your Smart Tv connected to the Libertyshield router how quick/easy is it to turn it on/off (thinking of my other half).

Thanks for your last post, I didnt appreciate you could isolate the devices requiring vpn by only plugging their ethernet cables into the Libertyshield router. Therefore your non sensitive hardware i.e. laptops, xbox and so on still have full speed wi fi via your isp router, I didnt think it through it makes sense now, thanks again its been a worthwhile thread. Just one last thought, say you have your Smart Tv connected to the Libertyshield router how quick/easy is it to turn it on/off (thinking of my other half).
You just re connect it back to your original isp router mate so you can connect to either vpn or original isp router theres no power on or off button only thing I've found is when you change server online from UK to Ireland or which ever you choose you have to unplug the router for 5 seconds then plug back in and its connected to server like on my phone I just go into WiFi settings and select my sky WiFi and connect to that and same if I want to use vpn vice vers if that makes sense lol

just orded one great review so far bazcfc1
Cheers @goose1 appreciate it mate I havnt tried all of the servers just a couple but I need to connect every device in house to it on wifi and ethanet and do some more tests but will be done in morning but as @Taylerlee has mentioned the big test will be at weekends if blocks happen then can actually say

Back