Liberty shield vpn router

Cheers @goose1 appreciate it mate I havnt tried all of the servers just a couple but I need to connect every device in house to it on wifi and ethanet and do some more tests but will be done in morning but as @Taylerlee has mentioned the big test will be at weekends if blocks happen then can actually say
Hi Baz, fine posts buddy, i did purchase off liberty about 1yr ago, but never used, just got it back out box mikroTik model, but i see when trying to register its asking for account /card details etc, so unless you register you can’t get free 1mth trial
Regards
ID

Hi Baz, fine posts buddy, i did purchase off liberty about 1yr ago, but never used, just got it back out box mikroTik model, but i see when trying to register its asking for account /card details etc, so unless you register you can’t get free 1mth trial
Regards
ID
Thats right I had to register with a code that come with the booklet on how to setup and get the free months subscription mate have a look on bottom of router maybe there mate

Thats right I had to register with a code that come with the booklet on how to setup and get the free months subscription mate have a look on bottom of router maybe there mate
Yes got all details Baz
But i would of thought for the free 1mth trial , we could of done without registering acc/ card details,
Is there anyway round it
Thnx ID

Yes got all details Baz
But i would of thought for the free 1mth trial , we could of done without registering acc/ card details,
Is there anyway round it
Thnx ID
Not sure mate as I only set it up today you could add them then try removing them once trial has started mate I will have a look on my account give me 5-10 mins and will have a look
EDIT..... won't let you remove them from account only change card details

I have a mag box 254 is this router the best option or is it better to get another box without the drop in speed via a vpn router?

I did consider one of these for a while but was concerned about how it would handle the firesticks at once on 36mbps but it sounds worthy of the investment

@dsayers2014 All its a case of doing mate is plugging your ethanet into ethanet port 1 on vpn router and the other end into any available ethanet port on your normal isp router and still can use your vm/sky/bt router as normal I only have my tv phone and zgemma on vpn at minuite and all other devices on my sky router as normal

I thought this too but I couldn't get my ddwrt configured router (not the liberty shield) to work with my virgin router unless I put the virgin router into modem mode which cuts off WiFi capability, thus making me invest in a decent router infact 2 now lol. one in line for normal use for everybody and the other off of that one for Vpn use.

I have a question though i know you can't put custom firmware you put a different provider onto one of these routers?

I thought this too but I couldn't get my ddwrt configured router (not the liberty shield) to work with my virgin router unless I put the virgin router into modem mode which cuts off WiFi capability, thus making me invest in a decent router infact 2 now lol. one in line for normal use for everybody and the other off of that one for Vpn use.

I have a question though i know you can't put custom firmware you put a different provider onto one of these routers?
Never tried only had it a few days it has the open vpn sticker on it but I'm just learning tbh mate about them I don't think it would be possible but wouldn't mind trying it and for sake of £13.99 easily replaceable

Hi guys..

I also purchased this liberty shield router last weekend after the issues with ISP blocks..

Been using all week set to UK VPN location and all is good here too..

I did notice a drop in speed when I set to USA..

I never noted the speeds I'll have a play tomorrow..

My streams started freezing when set to USA so I knew that my speeds had dropped dramatically..

But overall so far so good..
Cheap and effective..

Never tried only had it a few days it has the open vpn sticker on it but I'm just learning tbh mate about them I don't think it would be possible but wouldn't mind trying it and for sake of £13.99 easily replaceable

Yeah I've a bit of a dilema, the mother in law has a mag box and virgin, I wanna keep it cheap but knowing that i have to put the router into modem mode (stops the WiFi) before I install the other one is need to know that the WiFi signal they'll get will be ok.. AHH screw it I'll buy one

A few other companies could do with knocking out their own routers but the big vpns would prob sell them for big money.

If your mother in law has virgin get a cable box

As in an h2h with an N line on it?

If this is what you mean I believe this is on the decline with some hd channels already getting the chop just like the sly cs lines did, so without trying to scare monger, if the pattern is to believed they'll all be gone in no time. She likes all the vod etc that comes with the IPTV services so has to be that way

Yeah you could use the above with nline for virmin all HD channels working apart from sky sports!!
Also got ep2iplayer so you could watch catchup tv series cinema films, without having iptv! You could have both on the zgemma vermin with iptv runnin along side as well! You got the choice of two then for peanuts

Mate I've used it all before been at this a few years now so i know what you can and can't do with an enigma tuner as I helped more than a few "Friends" over the years. This woman can just about turn the TV on fs, trying to guide her through plugins etc is a waste of time lol.. in my honest opinion going down the route you suggested is going backwards rather than forwards, I know people that ran Cs servers and continued to do the vermin lines even after sly had got crippled they have since scrapped the vermin lines altogether and moved over to IPTV and it won't be long until many go the same route. I believe it's dying out, probably more so from a profit stand point. More Joe blogs can set up and run IPTV therefore demand is much higher and the margins are bigger

Back