Liberty shield vpn router

What is PPTP?

Point to Point Tunnelling Protocol (PPTP) is the most commonly used method for establishing virtual private networks (VPNs).

PPTP supports up to 128 bit session encryption keys and only requires a username, password, and server address in order to establish a VPN connection.

It tends to be the fastest option for speed (i.e. video streaming) for most of our VPN Router customers.

Due to changes implemented by Apple, PPTP can no longer be directly configured on MacOs or iOS devices.

What is L2TP?

Layer 2 Tunnel Protocol (L2TP) is a popular method for establishing VPN connections and is provided as an option by most Internet service providers (ISPs).

L2TP supports up to 256 bit session keys using the IPSec protocol, however the session keys can vary depending on the algorithms being used. The protocol also implements double encapsulation of data for better security.

Due to the extra encryption your VPN speed will tend to be slightly slower when compared with PPTP and OpenVPN.

L2TP is recommended for people who require greater security due to do the professional nature of their internet use. It is also recommended for people looking to setup VPNs just directly onto their mobile devices.

I’ve connected to all of them mate and didn’t see much throttling at all even the usa one! It’s dropped a little now though do to everyone being on it!

I assume you had to put the VM hub into modem mode? Annoying this as you then have everyone connecting to the VPN router then.. I found a way of only getting the VPN to be active on my streaming devices only took me like 3 months to realise this was possible on ddwrt lol

@bazcfc1 A guys got a liberty shield router, but cant get it connected. Any ideas?
Hes plugged it in, but as no instructions, the guy he got it off said it was just plug and play. Im guessing something similar to the spider router.

@bazcfc1 A guys got a liberty shield router, but cant get it connected. Any ideas?
Hes plugged it in, but as no instructions, the guy he got it off said it was just plug and play. Im guessing something similar to the spider router.
It should be like ethanet provided goes in port 1 of vpn router other end goes into any port on his existing router then activate online for free month with a code stuck to front of a booklet then liberty sends details to router wait about 10 minuites then try connecting I will look see if I have my booklet nicking around did he buy it brand new

Hi bazcfc
Search for the router on his network
& insert password etc
Beleive this is a subscription router

Supposedly got a month on it, but as no booklet or anything
Have they contacted customer support have a look on back or side or even bottom of router details may be there I got mine off amazon where did the one in question come from is it showing a wireless network UK-wifi then numbers

No not showing up on network at all. Got no stickers on it anywhere with the wifi code or anything. He got it from a guy brand new and wrapped, but as to where it came from originally I have no idea, but he paid 35 quid for it. Will nip round and possibly contact support, just thought he may have it connected wrong or something

No not showing up on network at all. Got no stickers on it anywhere with the wifi code or anything. He got it from a guy brand new and wrapped, but as to where it came from originally I have no idea, but he paid 35 quid for it. Will nip round and possibly contact support, just thought he may have it connected wrong or something
Is it same as I have or the pro one or ask him to get in contact with the person who sold it him

Hes tried to contact him, but as youve probably guessed hes not answering. I believe its the same as youve got

Hes tried to contact him, but as youve probably guessed hes not answering. I believe its the same as youve got
Only thing I can suggest is customer support but if no booklet with details and setup guide my suspicion is 2nd hand and seller misplaced booklet and account in sellers name was it off ebay at all if so get him to raise a dispute with them

He bought if from a "car boot" enough said!! :ROFLMAO:
Will nip round but dont see what I can do. Dont know if their support can do anything

Back