Liberty shield vpn router

bazcfc1

VIP Member
I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used a liberty shield vpn router pre configured so it's just a case of plug and play I paid £13.99 from one of forum sponsors Its due to arrive sometime today below is what it says about it on amazon and just after people's thoughts
Description
Our Lite router is a plug and play VPN router pre configured to simply plug into your existing network and connect. Included is 1 months VPN access from www.libertyshield.com. Once you activate you can choose which location to set your VPN to. This can be changed as many times as you like. After the months access, simply purchase a subscription to keep your router connected to the VPN (£6.99 per month, or get your 1st year for only £49.99). Our routers are configured to encrypt your internet traffic with 256bit security. Our network is log free, so nobody can track your internet history. Use our VPN router for maximum privacy against the Snoopers Charter. The router we are supplying is a Mikrotik RouterBoard hAP Lite. The RB951-2n has three Ethernet ports and a 802.11b/g/n wireless AP with an antenna built in. When connected to the VPN you can expect to receive a maximum speed of 40MB depending on your source speed. The device is very small but powerful enough to run all your devices from along with watching perfect HD streams. Watch our product video here -
Box contains: RouterBoard hAP Lite, power supply and Cat5 cable

Features & details
  • Pre installed with 1 month access to a UK, USA, Irish, Spanish, Swiss or German VPN
  • 256bit encryption and unblock your internet connection, access what your ISP blocks
  • Simply plug into your existing modem or router and set your VPN location. Then connect all your devices (MAG BOX, Smart TV's, Firestick, Zgemma, Enigma and many more)
  • Super fast speed: Our high speed VPN network is optimised for video streaming providing a buffer free experience on any device
  • 24/7 support 365 days a year from www.libertyshield.com
Product information
Brand Mikrotik
Product Dimensions 10 x 5.4 x 12.4 cm
Item model number RouterBoard hAP Lite
Color White and Blue

• Additional Information
    • ASIN: B017W43M4M
    • Best Sellers Rank: 1350
    • Shipping Weight: 281 g
    • Date First Available: 26 Mar 2015

Looking forward to your review which may just persuade me to get one at that price instead of replacind my mag and smart stb app. I was going to buy a couple of android boxes and install vpn on each but that router would be a cheaper solution.

Looking forward to your review which may just persuade me to get one at that price instead of replacind my mag and smart stb app. I was going to buy a couple of android boxes and install vpn on each but that router would be a cheaper solution.
Thats why I went for it mate to save messing with all different devices the monthly plan is £6.99 a month I think and about £40 for year plus you just connect to existing router I thought I ordered the spider one at same price but got this one

Be interesting to see how it effects the overall efficiency of your internet i.e. speed. As the only real advantage I can see with installing vpn's on each device (if possible) is it only impacts on one device at a time which may be an issue if like me I have the wife on facebook the daughter on Netflix, grandaughter on utube and grandson on xbox. Sorry for my slight exaggeration but I think you will get my point.

Be interesting to see how it effects the overall efficiency of your internet i.e. speed. As the only real advantage I can see with installing vpn's on each device (if possible) is it only impacts on one device at a time which may be an issue if like me I have the wife on facebook the daughter on Netflix, grandaughter on utube and grandson on xbox. Sorry for my slight exaggeration but I think you will get my point.
I do mate I have kids on devices online gaming iptv boxes my phone ect I only get 40mbps so will reduce it dramatically

@stuss I know how to setup mate I was just asking what people's thoughts are with that specific vpn router mate bit will have look at the video

Router finally arrived about half hour ago so going to set up tomorrow and post an update and upload pics of speed tests on my box phone ect the router only small but if it does what I need all happy

Router finally arrived about half hour ago so going to set up tomorrow and post an update and upload pics of speed tests on my box phone ect the router only small but if it does what I need all happy
Do you want to borrow my gopro ?

I got it for Christmas. I look ridiculous wearing it.. image is perfect you have seen my photography. I am crap.
Look forward to seeing the review though..

I will try get it setup and running in morning and run a couple of speed tests without vpn on then with vpn on i only get 40mbps so time will tell

Morning all just set router up it's only small lol just done a speed test on my phone without vpn router connected to it I got 37mbps download and upload was 9.22 with sly fibre going to run tests on my box without vpn on then do the same with vpn on on my box getting 30.64mbps download and 8.96 upload speed without vpn on

Last edited:
On my phone with vpn set to London I'm getting 21.4mbps download and 9.00 upload speeds and on my box I've done test with vpn router connected to my box and got 28.65 download speed and 7.95 upload speeds so not dramatically dropped and that's on a server in UK but will try all servers available and post results for the different servers

Was expecting much more of a dip to be fair, keep us updated on outside servers. Try Holland they always seem to have good speeds through vpn

I'm going too mate it come pre set to UK there is a lot in UK I can connect too my phone and box is only things connected at moment but I did say in a post I was going to try all servers available and see how they pan out I was expecting a major drop but quite amazed how decent they are in UK

Me too mate, be interesting to see what speeds it gets at peak times as well. Was looking at getting it myself but don't know whether to just go all out and get a brand new router which can add on a vpn like the linksys wrt3200acm

Back