Octagon SF8008 Tuner Hardware of Software Issue? 100s of Issues

Apologies for the length of the post but I guess I needed it to explain the issue.

I connected Octagon SF8008 with OpenATV 6.4 and Grogbuild to my Sky cable and tried to tune and scan Sky free view channels and it kept on bringing 25 channels back regardless of whatsoever I did to resolve the issue. I took following troubleshooting steps but to no avail:

1) Flashed it with latest OpenATV image and scanned using OpenATV
2) Installed GrogBuild and scanned using GrogBuild.
3) Deleted and re-installed satellites.xml, lamedb, lamedb5 and all bouquets. using FileZilla
4) Flashed and implemented all steps above using OpenVix (base) and OpenVix with WilloBuild
5) Restored box to default factory settings and used recovery OpenATV and OpenVix and followed all steps above.
6) Deleted the partitions of multi boot and did all steps to ensure its a fresh install.

The issue is resolved by scanning all the transponders individually one at a time but some of them require scanning 2 or 3 times before it picked channels.

I was then advised to use ABM as a resolution which works for the first run but if you end up making any changes or re-run ABM which is inevitable if you scan ABM daily using your default ABM settings then it presents a new sets of issues. Firstly all channels go blank and do not work, and only issue to resolve it is to re-start the box but this only makes first few channels work and as soon as you change the channel everything goes blank (black screen) so only way forward is to keep restarting the box after every channel change. Second issue is that by re-running ABM it randomly (not always) brings up error that there's a Tuner Error and only way to resolve this is to disable the Tuner and re-run the ABM But this once again puts me back into black screen on channel screen loop.

So in order to rule out any potential issues with the dish/LNB I checked LNB and connections and any potential loose connection/wiring and nothing was found and then I plugged in my spare Zgemma box with OpenATV 6.4 and Grogbuild (essentially same software as Octagon) and everything works a charm. I can scan whole satellite and get nearly 500 FTA channels back on the LNB and get no issues with ABM or anything. I have even upgraded the software on Zgemma but it still works a charm so I can say with surety that the issue does not lie with any loose wiring/connection and/or LNB/Dish.

Can someone please advise me what can be the potential issue here ?

Any help is appreciated

If ABM is not locking onto 11778 MHz for Sky provider, issue has nothing to do with the satellites.xml file.

Somewhere else = a friend or family members house. I.e. Not use your dish/lnb

Did you ever run a legit sky box of any description on the dish LNB setup on your house ? If so what was it ?

If you could get a pic of the LNB that is installed on your dish it will probably shed some light on your issues.

Thanks Abu and Moshi but why is everything (my LNB) working perfectly fine with Zgemma? ABM random tuner error I mentioned is actually Tuner 11778 something…….

If I understand correctly then Octagon will work correctly at another location which doesn’t have Sky-Q?

Did you ever run a legit sky box of any description on the dish LNB setup on your house ? If so what was it ?

If you could get a pic of the LNB that is installed on your dish it will probably shed some light on your issues.
I didn’t run legit sky box on this LNB for setup ever but it’s a shared dish LNB and one person uses legit skybox and others don’t.

Issue is not experienced on Zgemma using same LNB/dish and same cabling only on Octagon

No clue but why would this affect me in first place and secondly why would it only affect Octagon not Zgemma?
You may have accidentally discovered an ingenious way to get a Zgemma box to work with a Wideband LNB.

As the others have mentioned, pictures of the dish, lnb, tuner configuration, as much information you can provide would help.

The biggest hurdle in solving problems is people say what the tuner config is, but they never say what is attached to the tuner. I lose count on number of times people have only one signal wire attached, but they set both tuners.

The biggest hurdle in solving problems is people say what the tuner config is, but they never say what is attached to the tuner. I lose count on number of times people have only one signal wire attached, but they set both tuners.
Sorry I should’ve explained better. On Tuner A is set as 28.2 E Astra 2G, Tuner B (terrestrial) and C (Cable) are both disabled.

Looks like inverto universe l.n.b
Are you sure those crimped connections are good no deterioration around the l.n.b connection
I believe so and that's the reason I connected Zgemma to cross check this and rule the possibility of any loose corroded connections and wiring

Back