Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

Evening, im going to try and set this up this evening. Im new to vpn, which vpn providers do you guys recommend? Thanks

Hi guys i am having a bit of trouble in setting this up i can see it downloading in putty can see the country's in putty but when i go in to vpn manager it's called on mine i have no country's in there.\but after it says enter your choice the system reboot's itself i am using a vu duo2+ with open atv 6.4 and surfshack could someone help with what i'm doing wrong i have not down loaded Dsayers vpn trial as i thought as long as i had a vpn it would be ok
Thanks

Ok so changed to yes save all configs to one file now i have a populated openvpn screen but not names just ip adress's ?

Ok getting through slowly i now have uk-lon001 and other's but it will not connect to any it try's with the green lock then goes red and says error login error AUTH-FAILED

Ok getting through slowly i now have uk-lon001 and other's but it will not connect to any it try's with the green lock then goes red and says error login error AUTH-FAILED
Hi just checking here, you did put in your credentials in not the passwords you use to get onto surfsharks web site?

They might have changed the plans I haven't tried it for over a year
I got it working without registering a my private network account, just ran a script generator on your link and it worked a treat. Appreciate your work dsayers, but I don't think the first bit is needed with joining my private network.

r/
[/QUOTE]
Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

This Guide is for setting up OpenVPN with my private network if done correctly it should download and install your openvpn configs via a simple script

Create an account with my private network -
Code:
https://client.my-private-network.co.uk/aff.php?aff=2640

Please take up on the Free 3-day trial to put the VPN to test

Putty can be downloaded at
Code:
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

If using a Mac there are instructions at the end of the document for an alternative to Putty

First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open
View attachment 28837

And then log in using the word, root

View attachment 28838
clip_image002.png

Download the script from here
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfimquxeed9vctx/myvn.txt?dl=1

We only need to edit lines 1 to 3

Change line 1 uuuu with your username between the ""

Example USERNAME='davesayers19'

Change line 2 pppp with your password between the ""

example PASSWORD='149356d'

On line 3 change GBR to the country you want the VPN to connect to

Example COUNTRY='NLD'

NLD is for Netherlands

Do not edit anything below line 3 as it bay cause errors

You can change the country you want the VPN server you want to connect to use the 3 letters 3 Letter Code ie GBR for United Kingdom a list of countries here
Code:
https://help.my-private-network.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/8461-which-countries-can-i-connect-to-

Once you have edited your details copy the script and paste into putty as per example below

View attachment 28839
clip_image004.png

And hit enter

Before starting OpenVPN we can run an IP check script this will tell you if the vpn is working and you can test it when changing servers.

The script should have downloaded a plugin called IP Checker.

Goto plugin and you should see IP Checker press ok on the plugin and it should run a simple IP check script

You should get something like this I have removed part of my IP address

clip_image006.jpg

View attachment 28840

Now start openvpn on box

clip_image008.jpg

View attachment 28841

After starting openvpn the above should stay green and say running, You can now go back to plugins and start IP Checker and see if the IP Address has changed

If using Mac

There is a version of Putty for Mac but is not very good.

Open Applications ->Utilities ->

Type the following command telnet 192.168.X.X (change the IP address to the one for the Zgemma/Enigma2 boxes)

Enter the username root (and password if you have set one) and press enter

Then follow the instructions above.

Problem 1,

When enabling OpenVPN I lose internet connection.

Possible Solution

Goto your network settings on box and change DHPC to no then blue button to Edit DNS

Try Google DNS

Nameserver 1 8.8.8.8

Nameserver2 8.8.4.4

I have been working on this script since last Friday, I had a few teething problems but thanks to MYVPN with there help we sorted it and also a big thankyou to
@grog68 with his suggestions and help with making the script more simpler.

==================================================================================================================================================================

OpenVPN script generator

First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open

screenshot-132-png.28837

And then log in using the word, root

screenshot-133-png.28838

Users can now visit
Code:
http://e2openvpn.com/OpenVPN_Generator/

Add there username and password this will now generate a script.

Copy and paste the script in putty and hit enter you should now have the option for what VPN you want to use:

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite

Choose your option and hit Enter this should then download the configs and once finished it will say OpenVPN Configs downloaded Please Start OpenVPN.

You will be asked to enter your choice again but you can ignore this.

Reboot box and goto plugins, VPN Changer and choose a country.

Attached is a guide for setting up Digibit, IP Vanish, Pure VPN and Nord

thanks for you guide & scripts .I have now have managed to get open vpn on my zgemma wooshbuild infinty box i have digibit sub on it all seemed fine with putty but when i try open vpn i have a large empty box on left side & on the right at the top i have my ip then country region city organisation below that openvpn autorun has red x resolve config has green dns 1 192------ at very bottom open vpn stop has red outline next start green outline menu ok v1.1.3 can only use red & green with remote .So now i am stuck thanks again

its not working when i choose a country it says connecting but then the globe goes red also below dns1 everything has 0 . sorry about this

Back