Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

For it not downloading the configs I'm not sure why it wouldn't.

I don't have a subscription to ivacy vpn but I've just tested the generator on openvix 5.3.018 using random username and password and it downloaded the configs and installed vpn changer.

I do not know why the vpn config changer plugin is in my plugins . Yes I have removed the vpn changer from extension.
I am making somewhere a mistake. Let me read it.
Just to clarify, do i have to create a folder name vpn in my hdd for confi files?

I do not know why the vpn config changer plugin is in my plugins . Yes I have removed the vpn changer from extension.
I am making somewhere a mistake. Let me read it.
Just to clarify, do i have to create a folder name vpn in my hdd for confi files?
No you shouldn't need to create the vpn folder.
Does it matter if open vpn was running before installation of plugin? It might be due to this
It shouldn't matter if vpn was running but try stopping vpn in network menu then try the generator again.

after instaling the plugin. my open vpn not running. it is red always. i try to run by green button but it stopped after a secod. any idea

@satishkumar check here if your still having issues it may give you an idea whats happening.

Test OpenVPN script generator

Hi im looking for users to test a new version of the script.

Setup is similar but this version will install VPN Manager with an option to edit username and password via the plugin in case it was incorrectly put on the generator.

First open Putty, and in the HostName (or IP address) box enter the enigma2 boxes IP address, and then click the Telnet radio button and click open

screenshot-132-png.28837

And then log in using the word, root

screenshot-133-png.28838

Users can visit

Code:
https://e2openvpn.com/test_gen/

Add there username and password this will now generate a script.

Copy and paste the script in putty and hit enter you should now have the option for what VPN you want to use:

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite

Choose your option and hit Enter this should then download the configs and once finished it will say OpenVPN Configs downloaded Please Start OpenVPN.

You will be asked to enter your choice again but you can ignore this.

Reboot box and goto plugins, VPN Manager and choose a country.

VPN_Manager.jpg

If you receive auth errors you can press menu and check the location is correct it should be /hdd/vpn_name. You can also check username and password is correct and edit if needed.

I'm not sure who sent me Windscribe openvpn files but can someone send me there latest .ovpn files so I can update script. Thanks.

Heyup dsayers
Formuler F1 Gogbuild ATV 6.3 Surfshark vpn
Went on box painlessly, after the script ran the box rebooted itself. I like the vpn manager very much. I did have to change the location of the files (for some reason it thought i was using pure vpn) and i still have the all config files in one folder set to no, (should i change this as they still all show on the left hand side)
Speed wise it is the same as before 67 without, 18 with set to Manchester. Where as on a firestick with Surfsharks own app i get 60!

All in all it is very easy to use and a good improvement, well done and thank you for your efforts.

Heyup dsayers
Formuler F1 Gogbuild ATV 6.3 Surfshark vpn
Went on box painlessly, after the script ran the box rebooted itself. I like the vpn manager very much. I did have to change the location of the files (for some reason it thought i was using pure vpn) and i still have the all config files in one folder set to no, (should i change this as they still all show on the left hand side)
Speed wise it is the same as before 67 without, 18 with set to Manchester. Where as on a firestick with Surfsharks own app i get 60!

All in all it is very easy to use and a good improvement, well done and thank you for your efforts.

Ill check why it hasn't changed location

Yes leave all config files in one folder to no I didn't realise I could just have them in one folder rather than having sub folders when editing the script

Speed on OpenVPN has always been slower, I suppose other devices with dedicated apps know how to treat network configs better. E2 shouldn't really need high speeds as its just for streaming and downloading odd vod so I wouldn't worry too much about speed. reliable connection is more important.

Daer Dsayers2014,
You have attached a picture of your VPN Manager. I can not see my one like that. I am not able to change the Country like your.
It might be due to E2 devices. My one is Mutant HD51. In my plugin I can see VPN changer plugin but not VPN manager.
Please guide.
Thank you

Daer Dsayers2014,
You have attached a picture of your VPN Manager. I can not see my one like that. I am not able to change the Country like your.
It might be due to E2 devices. My one is Mutant HD51. In my plugin I can see VPN changer plugin but not VPN manager.
Please guide.
Thank you
Have you added details to the test generator site and ran the command that should have shown on the site as per post 228?

Only vpn that hasn't had the update is Windscribe as they don't have there configs on there website. I need someone to generate the openvpn files for me to add to github.

I have managed to install VPN and it is working but I am not able to change the country.
1585905961658.png I do not have this one

Back