VM some channels gone?

guys before we jump the gun, sd sport channels was rubbish,movie sd channels have gone for every one not just cs but legit users as well, i presume to make more space for other channels as a deal was made with sky for more content, best thing is look at what vm packages are on the top tiers , i presume every one that pays for slysport are on the v6 box, thats why mix and news are still there

The opening PL game next Friday between Liverpool v Norwich is on Sky One HD but that seems to be the only PL game on that channel next weekend, probaly with it being the opener for the PL season, I think they have done this the past 2 seasons, Canal+ sport on 19e is showing the PL, while Eleven sports on 13e are covering the Championship. Premier Sports are supposed to be showing a few 3pm saturday kick offs this season too, so hoping this channel and Sky sports football continue to work.

guys before we jump the gun, sd sport channels was rubbish,movie sd channels have gone for every one not just cs but legit users as well, i presume to make more space for other channels as a deal was made with sky for more content, best thing is look at what vm packages are on the top tiers , i presume every one that pays for slysport are on the v6 box, thats why mix and news are still there
You are right but the issue is they have encoded most of the HD sports channels 18 months ago so the old boxes that use cards can no long decrypt them to encourage customers to upgrade to the V6, that effects because as the name suggests card sharing requires a box that uses cards. They have now turned of the SD channels which meaans everyone on a old box must upgrade to the V6 to get sky sports. The have ,as you say, also got rid of the Movies SD, now it wont be long before they switch the encoding to the same as the sky sports so you must upgrade to the V6 to watch movies and sports. It doesn't matter to us if they are making space for new content or who is paying for what on the V6, the issues is they are making their content only available on the cardless boxes, V6, which will see the end of cs.

it won't be the end of C/S, Sky went dark 30 months ago and still 100 channels on 28e playing ok.
If they wanted to switch everything off, they would have done so over the past two and half years.
Likewise VM may switch off movies and maybe a few other 'premium' channels but not them all

I seen it was working on 13e, hadnt checked 19e, but I was sure someone had said it was working last week, does not seem to be advertised for 13e at the minute though.
Next Friday's game is on C+ Sport 2 on 13E with the Saturday games also on C+ Sport 2 and the early Sunday game on C+ with 2nd Sunday game on C+ Sport 2.

C+ Pl have the rights to EPL next year so covers 13E. On 19E only Sly De have EPL if you can get it working since Movistar lost the rights to DAZN.

I see what you are saying but unless they don't have an ariel, if we for example lose the $ky branded channels as we did on satellite, why would someone pay for cable cs as well as IPTV, a big chunk of the normal channels are available on FTA via the ariel and the rest and more you would get on IPTV. I just can't see enough people doing that to make it viable for providers to carry on. I know it's still going on sat, but a lot of providers have gone and for whatever reason there doesn't appear to be as many providers with cards on cable, and even cache providers rely on servers with their own cards, so if a few decide it's not viable then cs will struggle.

I hope I am wrong, I prefer watching on cable, it does depend on how far it goes at the end of the day so until we see mass losses of channels then it's not worth worrying about.

SD has gone so I would think just a matter of time before the HD goes

Actually they have made HD Movies available to legit subscribers for the same price as SD, so they don't need to broadcast SD. Just like they have done with several other channels

A tip for iptv users in autobouquetsmaker, providers you can change generate main bouquet yes (custom) you should now have an option to choose your main bouquet choose your iptv sports bouquet, green to save then rescan.

You should have your iptv sports bouquet first then entertainment etc from virgin starting at 101 saving having to scroll through loads of bouquets to get to iptv sports bouquet.

This will only work if you have less then 100 channels in your iptv sports bouquet.

Can a standard dish currently pointing at 28.2 be used to point to 19.2 for use with Euro Line?

Yes a sky mini dish will be able to receive 19.2, or 13.0, you can move dish to test it out and get a euro line, one satellite I'd recommend is Astra3 23.5, because the Canal Digitaal Benelux channels use subtitles on foreign programs, and Ziggo sports shows PL.

Don't know if it's been said but sly sport football hd is clearing. I've just done a scan and pressed down on the zgemma remote pressed red to select all and the 2 football hd 1 of them works

Yes a sky mini dish will be able to receive 19.2, or 13.0, you can move dish to test it out and get a euro line, one satellite I'd recommend is Astra3 23.5, because the Canal Digitaal Benelux channels use subtitles on foreign programs, and Ziggo sports shows PL.

So are you saying one dish can do all three (19.2, 13.0 and 23.5) or just one at a time?

And from the three the best to go for is 23.5?

I’ve got two mini dish so can utilise one for this. Just need to find someone who can align the dish for these frequencies.

Can a standard dish currently pointing at 28.2 be used to point to 19.2 for use with Euro Line?

I upgraded from a sky dish to a 60 cm size so it can pull in the weaker signals and added 2 single lnbs with quad feeds on an arm.
Still have octo on 28.2 and also got 60 cm motorised.

So are you saying one dish can do all three (19.2, 13.0 and 23.5) or just one at a time?

And from the three the best to go for is 23.5?

I’ve got two mini dish so can utilise one for this. Just need to find someone who can align the dish for these frequencies.
HE is saying a sky dish is capable of receiving these satellites if the dish is aligned to each individually. To get all together you would need a multi LNB setup and possibly a larger dish, depending on your location.

In all fairness to Cable goers you've had a good 2 years more than Sky. And the fact that both Sky and Virgin still get BT Sport if that lasts another good while you're still saving a fair wack. Not sure if anyones touched on Premier Sports but I think that's also safe for now.

Back