VM some channels gone?

Press down button turn on service type icons if not. Down button for channel selection screen then configuration show service type icons green to save then show screen shot of channel selection screen, see who spots the difference you can also press menu, information service but be careful of what that shows.

View attachment 40882

I don't know what any of that means, when i press down i get a huge list, i can go up or i can go down, i can't do any of the other stuff

I don't know what any of that means, when i press down i get a huge list, i can go up or i can go down, i can't do any of the other stuff
Press menu on that screen then choose configuration OpenATV maybe settings

1_0_19_C83_20_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0_20190805014021.jpg

Change settings to show service type icons

1_0_19_C83_20_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0_20190805014036.jpg

Anyway I've setup iptv CustomMix to add Sky Sports Main event from iptv to virgin.

The service icon is a give away as you will see circle with a play icon in the middle of the circle in between numbers and padlock sign others have a cable icon.

Other skins will have different Icons.

i did this but it doesn't change the channel id in top right as you can see here
1564971291266.png

When @Naan_H posted pics of main event, the channel ident was in top left

be good to see how many vm broadband only customers go else where now for cheaper broadband
there may be cheaper but I find them best value for money, good speeds, reliable etc just dont bother phoning their customer support as its crap

Remember years ago the start of the net id change over when people lost their channels and it started area by area until you got the correct information and inputted into box to work again. I do think not everybody at once had the changeover from sd to hd yet as they are doing it area by area and if you have an sd box your fecked.
Quiet possible some are still on sd service but could be all gone in a weeks to hd,remember there is a timeline said for change over.

we only have vm as cable option,friends say all other broadband is crap,but if i dont get a reduced price offer i wont be staying with vm, £50 for bb and phone (which i dont use) is horrendous.

Got this from a provider

So far we know that Virgin Media are changing channel CID's, this means channels will move around on the epg and have different channel numbers. We know that sky movies SD are being removed and HD movies still work fine, Sky sports are moving numbers and reports show that Sky sports Football HD is working again along with sky sports mix HD. This is going to take a week or so for virgin media to do what they are doing before we know what is what. Please sit back and be patient.
UPDATE 2/8/19
Working Channels that have moved So Far
Sky Sports Racing
Sky Sports Mix
Sky Sports Mix HD
Sky Sports Main Events
Sky Sports Football HD
Sky Sports News
Sky Sports News HD

I’m guessing we’ve lost sky sports for good but we will have to wait and see

its Just wired that when sly went it kinda went over a few months and also BT HD went first. 2 outcomes in guessing here Movies HD goes along with SS SD or Movies Stay and SS HD comes back when they move customers over to HD. I’m guessing the first outcome

SS football HD is clearly a balls up. Either someone flicked the switch the wrong way or they have got quite a few HD boxes of SS football HD subscribers that have not had a cardless update. If its the first it will be gone very quickly, if its the latter we may get a few days out of it.

I just want main even SD to work again. Thats the most important. No chance of that working again is there?

No it's gone for good.
I don't know why all the doom and gloom, there's still over 300 channels on VM line most in HD
Can still watch prem games every week on BT
Still got movies in HD and all factual, doccs and four sky sports channels, it's hardly the end of the world

No it's gone for good.
I don't know why all the doom and gloom, there's still over 300 channels on VM line most in HD
Can still watch prem games every week on BT
Still got movies in HD and all factual, doccs and four sky sports channels, it's hardly the end of the world

BT only get a handful of matches compared to sky sports. My main problem with IPTV is that its a bit jerky at times and is always way behind normal satellite/connection.

Dazn isn't a UK service so you need a VPN to get into watch it
It's now TV really

Why block just sport
Easy. You can get any more or TV show easy enough
You can't get live sport as easy. If it's UK sport it has to come through sky pretty much

when you pay 100's of millions for football,you are going to try and protect it as much as possible and that will mean sky saying to vm you need to get this blocked or no deal.

Simple the aim of this is to make you lose what your not paying for,always has been about the cat and the mouse.
Just because there is an area code issue fault and when fixed might work for a short time until area is upgraded and moved to hd.

The future is how long before channels go blank as they go to the dark side like sky sat have done.

I'm sure I posted this question yesterday but can I hell as like find it!! lol

Now that the channels are disappearing, how do I clean up my ABM so my box only shows the channels that are clearing?

Worked it out. Saw all the whinging comments about the same questions again and again.... So did a search. Found a couple of answers to do it manually and was surprised how easy it was.

To clean up dead channels from your abm.....

Down arrow; red button (all) ; scroll to the dead channel; press menu; 'delete from bouquet'.... Job done. By doing that it also deletes it from the epg. Exactly what I wanted.

Oh and as others have said, ss football HD has about 5 entries in the 'down /red' menu and one of those still works. Scroll to it /menu /add to bouquet another job done.

Back