Thats what I mean they could flick that switch off in an instance.

As you say have the got the guts to do it.

If they ever do that they will lose s*it load of customers thats a guarantee.
There will always be one company who will not flick the switch. Remember most people use rhere devices for streaming netflix and things like that. If firestick sales or any other devices sales started to plumit the legal providers would stop the partnership. Most people buy there subs legally.

With the whole of tv viewing moving towards streaming, and legitimate customers moving more and more of their viewing to apps rather than via the tv aerial or satellite dish, you might find that a device has enough customers who go down official routes to be able to bin off us freeloaders a lot sooner than you think. Firestick could easily make enough selling to legit Prime and Netflix viewers to make it profitable.

There will always be one company who will not flick the switch. Remember most people use rhere devices for streaming netflix and things like that. If firestick sales or any other devices sales started to plumit the legal providers would stop the partnership. Most people buy there subs legally.

You're neglecting the fact that amazon intend to be the main "legal provider" themselves. They want to grow Amazon as a legit iptv provider and compete with whoever is out there. It would make zero sense for them to indefinitely allow their own device to host illegal streaming apps.

You're neglecting the fact that amazon intend to be the main "legal provider" themselves. They want to grow Amazon as a legit iptv provider and compete with whoever is out there. It would make zero sense for them to indefinitely allow their own device to host illegal streaming apps.
You cpuld be right about Amazon as they pretty much have there own software on the firestick. The rest of it is basiccly android which is pretty much opensource. Even the sheilds sales would plumit if they started banning things.

That's the modern world now. Cord cutting as they say. All streaming through apps on different devices today.

We will have to wait and see if they do permanently stop illegal apps on their devices.

Even if they do there are many many other devices that can be used.

Won't be end of the world.

I have been getting my sly channels since around 1992 in various different ways. As one door closes another opens. I remember the first one i think it was a Fergouson box you had this white card with a chip on the top, if your channels went off you took the card to your supplier they woiuld update it hey presto your channels were back. As for films etc we will always have torrents if push comes to shove.

Bloody heck mate you been in the pirated channels game for long time :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I remember my dad got chipped cable of some guy back in the mid 90s lasted for a while not long. Went off and were forced to go with sly.

Even if they do there are many many other devices that can be used.

Won't be end of the world.

Which was exactly the point I made at the beginning of this discussion...

The big companies will be clamouring to become the market leader but I reckon they'll also go down the same route as amazon tends to by trying to restrict the use of their device for streaming illegal content... hence there'll always be a place in the market for your less known brands.

... but as usual the blinkered folk of TK neglect to read what's been said and plough on with their well practiced "know it all" agenda :wink:

Never said I knew it all mate just gave my opinion on the fire stick and Amazon potential practices.

It's good that you gave such opinion to start off with and made reference to it now to tie everything together.

My mistake if I didn't fully understand your point and take it on board.

I see the whole streaming of channels talk quite fascinating. I think we still watch most of our tv through the tv aerial who knows what will happen in the future. I think sat dishes will become a thing of the past. Lets face ot they are horrible things. I think cable has still got a good few years left to run.

I think we are at least 20 to 25 years off full digital tv. I am 50 this year i would say at least 40% of my generation are not tech savey. I think it is more people who were born in the last 10 years who will drive the online content. Lets face it quite a few people in the country do not have or will not pay to have fast enough internet speeds to watch hd content.

It is a bit like the talk of a cashless socitey we are a very long way off that aswell.

I find this hard to believe.
A company like amazon might have ???? legal streamers. The amount of illegal streamers using their devices like firesticks etc must be many hundreds of times more than that.
I've never met or even heard of anyone using a firestick for legal purposes only.
Amazon aren't going to flick any switch.
Otherwise sales of amazon devices like this will go off a cliff and 2nd hand ones will be a quid each on Gumtree.
Which is why they will never do it.
They don't have to be the 'world leader' in streaming in order to make masses of profits, they only need to get a percentage of subscribers involved to make fantastic money. Stopping people from acessing illegal streams just makes the devices worthless and companies like amazon aren't going to get rid of a massive (potential) customer base who are streaming (someone else's) stuff via their devices, especially when they know that there's hundreds of devices and apps/plugins that can do the same thing,in most cases, for nothing

I find this hard to believe.
A company like amazon might have ???? legal streamers. The amount of illegal streamers using their devices like firesticks etc must be many hundreds of times more than that.
I've never met or even heard of anyone using a firestick for legal purposes only.
Amazon aren't going to flick any switch.
Otherwise sales of amazon devices like this will go off a cliff and 2nd hand ones will be a quid each on Gumtree.
Which is why they will never do it.
They don't have to be the 'world leader' in streaming in order to make masses of profits, they only need to get a percentage of subscribers involved to make fantastic money. Stopping people from acessing illegal streams just makes the devices worthless and companies like amazon aren't going to get rid of a massive (potential) customer base who are streaming (someone else's) stuff via their devices, especially when they know that there's hundreds of devices and apps/plugins that can do the same thing,in most cases, for nothing
I agree with you. If they want to stop sideloading its not that hard for any box provider.

Even if amazon did stop the sideload ING someone would come up with a patched fix but will never happen they was rooting firesticks/firetv boxes how long did that last till it was figured out what to do you don't always need downloader to sideload apps there's other ways and not going to loose out on ££££ for the sake of a percentage of people @Mike sly are already looking at doing away with dishes and all content coming through their routers but as rightly said how many households have fibre lol

You're one of those blinkered people. Remember when you adamantly insisted to me that 90% of people who use iptv own an enigma2 box? You've led a very, very sheltered online existence and probably need to open your mind to the idea that there's life outside of techkings.

and not going to loose out on ££££ for the sake of a percentage of people

That's the point people are missing Baz, they have no intention of missing out on those ££££, they want to turn us unscrupulous users into legitimate customers, by providing a product and service that is financially attractive without needing to view illegal services. And they're nearly there. You add one EPL match per week to their contract - is a £24.99 device and £7.99 a month Prime sub good value then? Of course it is and lots will go down the legit route as they do netflix, because that's priced competitively too.

That's the point people are missing Baz, they have no intention of missing out on those ££££, they want to turn us unscrupulous users into legitimate customers, by providing a product and service that is financially attractive without needing to view illegal services. And they're nearly there. You add one EPL match per week to their contract - is a £24.99 device and £7.99 a month Prime sub good value then? Of course it is and lots will go down the legit route as they do netflix, because that's priced competitively too.
Have to agree for prime its £89 for year or £7.99 month prime deliveries plus prime tv epl tennis ect there the dark horse in everything it is good value for money but then when you flip the coin what TV company has what iptv has apart from usual channels ? Only time will tell

The truth is If they made 3pm available for everyone man and his dog it still wouldn't beat an iptv service which is say 50 quid a year for example, and how r they going to stop iptv?? Come on let's be honest all the money these big companies have and they haven't stopped it yet and as for anything taking off "unknown sources" I think you find the moment amazon, nvidia ect... take that off their boxes, they are then in serious trouble. And 90 quid a year for amazon prime, say they got the rights to all the 3pm games and everything you get with an iptv sub, its 90 quid a year now, what the price be then?? Say it ends up being 130 a year, who's going to be pay that when I can get an iptv full package for much mess lol its 2 far gone now and the people who do this are clever people.

You have now (y)
I just use mine for Prime, Netflix, catchup services and viewing photo slideshows (well Mrs Willo does).
This is because you get your iptv through a different device?
Theres no way your going to ditch iptv if amazon offer something similar for 5 times the price?
My point was that the vast majority of firesticks were purchased for one purpose, if they take that away,/block it, it would stop people buying fireticks, they'd carry on doing what they're doing but use a different device, like you

Back