penty2008

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good hardwired android box?
I’m using stbemu, plex and titanium tv
Internet speeds are shocking over vpn with my current firestick with it being wireless, plus it’s struggling to process the demands.
I’ve been looking at the formuler and Nvidia shields, any opinions greatly appreciated!
Plus 4K is a must ;)
TIA

Yes I have formuler z7+ fast box and has its own iptv app my tv online and easy to put vpn on, not cheapest but good a good piece of kit.

St3vedom.

Hi guys, can anyone recommend a good hardwired android box?
I’m using stbemu, plex and titanium tv
Internet speeds are shocking over vpn with my current firestick with it being wireless, plus it’s struggling to process the demands.
I’ve been looking at the formuler and Nvidia shields, any opinions greatly appreciated!
Plus 4K is a must ;)
TIA
In relation to your Firestick and wi fi, I use mine hard wired with an ethernet adaptor £13.99 free postage from feabay https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/183177191280
I find it excellent, in fact I have android boxes and a magbox but the 2nd gen firestick hardwired performs as good as any. Also all of them have VPN's installed on each device for use as required and no problems with them. As for other apps on the firestick I have stbemu (pro) cybeflix, showbox and a Fleabay Netlix, once again no issues. I would look at your existing hardware and how you can improve its performance before you spend a lot of money on a replacement. Your problems may not be your stick!

Last edited:
In relation to your Firestick and wi fi, I use mine hard wired with an ethernet adaptor £13.99 free postage from feabay https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/183177191280
I find it excellent, in fact I have android boxes and a magbox but the 2nd gen firestick hardwired performs as good as any. Also all of them have VPN's installed on each device for use as required and no problems with them. As for other apps on the firestick I have stbemu (pro) cybeflix, showbox and a Fleabay Netlix, once again no issues. I would look at your existing hardware and how you can improve its performance before you spend a lot of money on a replacement. Your problems may not be your stick!
Firestick adaptors are same price on amazon last time I checked

If you buy android box make sure it's 2gb 8gb minimum, don't buy a 1gb one they are cheap but no good, firesticks are so slow, android box all the way for about £40 the shield is the daddy but that's £100 +

My gen 1 firestick are slow and over heating , jut waiting on next price reduction of the 4K version ... beauty of firesticks is the blue tooth remote ... if any one can recommend an android box with Bluetooth remote that would be great

Why Bluetooth remote? They come with a remote and you can use a wireless mouse with usb dongle so easy, so u can use showbox

So I can shove it behind the tv, usb dongle is a good idea ...never thought of that even tho I have a usb k/bd didn’t think of using it as the remote. Will look into show box a haven’t heard of that ...thanks

The remote is infa red so needs to see the box, theres an X10 box about £25 on eBay that comes with fitting kit for bk of tv, and has a little receiver thats a lot smaller than the box, they connect via Bluetooth as well as usb dongle, all the things on an Android phone are on the box, try and get a box with latest Android operating system 7.1 upwards although 6 still works well, if you need any help pm me m8

Back