Covid19 Vaccination

12 weeks? That's a long time, I thought the recommended time was 2 weeks initially, then moved out to three?
They moved to a 12 week booster at the beginning of January. When I was given my first appointment for the 'Jab', I was given an appointment for the second at the same time (12 weeks away)

Have ye a prioritised list for who gets the vaccine first? Ie. -
1. Over 70s in nursing homes
2. Frontline medical workers
3. Over 60s
Etc. Or is it a free for all dependent on which doctors surgery has it first?

We have a tiered system, and I am on the tenth tier (of 15, I tbink) so I dont expect to get the call any time this side of June.

This is our "system "
Provisional Vaccine Allocation Groups

0_CapturePNG.png
In England, the vaccine is being offered in some hospitals and pharmacies, at local vaccination centres run by GPs and at larger vaccination centres. More centres are opening all the time.

It's being given to:

• people aged 65 and over
  • people who are at high risk from coronavirus (clinically extremely vulnerable)
  • people who live or work in care homes
  • health and social care workers

Its a strange one regarding why I've had it I'm diabetic and at risk of heart problems my parents are diabetic and havnt been offered it yet.
My missus has copd and hasn't been offered it yet so I'm wondering whether it is in order of GPS having the vaccine in
Over 70s for us!

I see Israel has reported a 90% drop in cases after vaccinating just 40% of the population.
Cases and deaths are dropping rapidly in the UK.
We'll have to wait and see what BoJo says next week about easing restrictions.
Doubt pubs and restaurants will open before easter but there's a possibility

I see Israel has reported a 90% drop in cases after vaccinating just 40% of the population.
I, heard schools 8th March and pubs ect in April and we've supposedly had a drop of cases by 30%

It's positive news mate.

As more and more get vaccinated the the cases and deaths will drastically fall.

Lockdown this will be over in March or restrictions will be eased from March onwards which is positive.

It's positive news mate.

As more and more get vaccinated the the cases and deaths will drastically fall.

Lockdown this will be over in March or restrictions will be eased from March onwards which is positive.

I'm just wondering, how will we be sure that a reduction in deaths (which has mainly involved the elderly )
isn't just because we're leaving the winter season and moving into spring and nothing whatsoever
do to with the effects of a vaccine.

I know I hear many who are very sure that if an elderly person died recently within the week of having the vaccine,
its not been anything to do with the vaccine its because we're in the winter and it is normal for a rise in deaths
during the winter season.

I'm just wondering, how will we be sure that a reduction in deaths (which has mainly involved the elderly )
isn't just because we're leaving the winter season and moving into spring and nothing whatsoever
do to with the effects of a vaccine.

I know I hear many who are very sure that if an elderly person died recently within the week of having the vaccine,
its not been anything to do with the vaccine its because we're in the winter and it is normal for a rise in deaths
during the winter season.
I think the Israeli vaccine program has proved that the high take up of the vaccine reduces deaths and infections! Unless there program is a scam! Unsure of there annual flu deaths! If any.
Too many people want to believe the shite they read at the onset and find it hard to believe the truth!

I think the Israeli vaccine program has proved that the high take up of the vaccine reduces deaths and infections! Unless there program is a scam! Unsure of there annual flu deaths! If any.
Too many people want to believe the shite they read at the onset and find it hard to believe the truth!

Interesting. I've heard the numbers of vaccines given in Isreal are high, but I haven't seen anything that proves the effectivness, in reducing deaths. Would be interested to see that
medically peer reviewed study purporting evidence beyond reasonable doubt.

I can't say I've found reading the story of a poor man being held against his will, is funny. Hey, I guess what folks find funny
can be an individual thing, but I really do feel concern for this man's need to get home with his family. Hard to believe,
that prior to the "pandemic" celebrities were popping up everywhere wanting to speak about mental health.. such fakes!
Where are they now I ask?

I can't say I've found reading the story of a poor man being held against his will, is funny. Hey, I guess what folks find funny
can be an individual thing, but I really do feel concern for this man's need to get home with his family. Hard to believe,
that prior to the "pandemic" celebrities were popping up everywhere wanting to speak about mental health.. such fakes!
"Working" in dubai :unsure:

The OP put the link in the comedy section thread for Corona jokes, so I presume that is why there was a "funny " reaction to it, I have moved it to the serious thread along with those posts that treated it seriously. I think you're right, it needs to be taken seriously.

.......................... ............. ............ ........... ..... ...... .. . .. ... ... ... .... .. ..

As for the article, I have to say, i find the mans actions reprehensible. I think he should have known the rules relating to travel in and out of the UK, and if one of them is that he must isolate if he hasn't had the vaccine/a clear test (I dont know what your rules are, I have decided not to travel to the UK for the forseeable, so dont need to), well then that is what he must do. An adult signing a form that he can read and understand, has entered a contract and adding the words "under duress" doesn't change that.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...... .... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. .. .

As for the mental health issues of both yours and my nation's citizens due to Covid-19 are very real, and it is a subject that needs to be talked about. The only positive thing I would say about celebs talking about mental health issues is that it gets the message out there and talked about
However, I'd prefer it to be in a separate thread, if you wish to discuss it. It is an issue that is very close to my heart, and fully deserves talking about.

"Working" in dubai :unsure:
Sao Paolo, according to the article - Brazil.

I don't find it funny either, I find it pathetic. What an embarrassment he's making of himself. He wasn't forced to board the plane.

You did read where it points out he is returning from Brazil didn't you ?
Are you seriously suggesting that he should be allowed to go straight home to a London address and mingle with all and sundry ?

This week has thrown up some Companies stating they will not employ anyone who hasn't been or plan to be vaccinated! Most from the Care sector, a very bold and brave statement I personally admire!
This will give the Human rights brigade something to debate.
Tbh I would not want any of my family to be in care where staff had the option to vaccinate or not! And I'm sure that type of behaviour has bearing on personal attitude to Covid!

As for the article, I have to say, i find the mans actions reprehensible. I think he should have known the rules relating to travel in and out of the UK, and if one of them is that he must isolate if he hasn't had the vaccine/a clear test (I dont know what your rules are, I have decided not to travel to the UK for the forseeable, so dont need to), well then that is what he must do. An adult signing a form that he can read and understand, has entered a contract and adding the words "under duress" doesn't change that.

I can't seem to find the link to the article now, but I'm sure I read that the man was British, in fact, I suspect he's English. The reason why I say that is because he will have English common law constitutal rights, and I wouldn't be surprised that whatever he
has signed is "Ultra Vires" and is in breach of an Englishman's Common Law rights. Hey, I'm no expert on law, but I do listen to experts in constitutal English law who are and they say a lot that the UK government has passed is in breach of common law with
relation to the Coronavirus rullings.

As for the mental health issues of both yours and my nation's citizens due to Covid-19 are very real, and it is a subject that needs to be talked about. The only positive thing I would say about celebs talking about mental health issues is that it gets the message out there and talked about
However, I'd prefer it to be in a separate thread, if you wish to discuss it. It is an issue that is very close to my heart, and fully deserves talking about.

Sao Paolo, according to the article - Brazil.

I mention 'mental health' because when I hear a man going on 'hunger strike', I feel there's something to be concerned about. People's mental health should be regarded
first regardless to what they've signed surely.

Back