GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi grog, yep, telnet running. Do I need to bee on atv 6.2?
You can flash the box with 6.2 and then do the Installation option 2 setup described in post 1 of this thread but for option 1 it shouldn't matter as the setup script with fetch and flash atv 6.2 for you.

out of interest are you using the box hostname to access openwebif or the box IP address? if the hostname then try using the IP address and see if the terminal connects then. If not you could try downloading putty from https://www.putty.org/ and see if that connects to your box.

You can flash the box with 6.2 and then do the Installation option 2 setup described in post 1 of this thread but for option 1 it shouldn't matter as the setup script with fetch and flash atv 6.2 for you.

out of interest are you using the box hostname to access openwebif or the box IP address? if the hostname then try using the IP address and see if the terminal connects then. If not you could try downloading putty from https://www.putty.org/ and see if that connects to your box.
OK thanks for the replys. I have posted all the available information of my box in previous posts so that should answer your questions about what im using. However when I did a reboot I had the Grog screen come up (it used to be the vermin screen), but the box is still working exactly as it did before.
I am using putty with the ip address of the box not the host name

If using option 1 then there is no need to flash first. it flashes for you once answered all the questions.

I'm assuming you are using option 1, was the error before you answered any questions? I've just tested it on my H52tc and it didn't get any errors. What have you got on your box at the moment? if you press Menu ->Information -> About it tells you the base image OpenATV at the top and then further down it should show the version number, it shouldn't make a difference as I am just using standard commands but I can check if there have been any major changes between versions.

It doesn't really matter which box you have as far as the option 1 script goes as it gets that information from the box as well as what tuners you have, so if it detects cable tuner then it will ask for your netid, if it detects sat tuners it will ask you what region.
Yeah it seemed to go through a lot of code but I never answered any questions and then the error came up, I have posted the about screen in previous post. Pretty sure it is a vix install

Yeah it seemed to go through a lot of code but I never answered any questions and then the error came up, I have posted the about screen in previous post. Pretty sure it is a vix install
vix doesn't support zgemma's so it shouldn't haven given you the option of vix? looking at your box info it looks like its old atv that you are using. Try flashing an upto date atv first and then try again, you can flash the latest atv via command prompt using the command at http://www.techkings.org/threads/fl...eerange-leading-the-way-to-simplicity.144717/

Hi Grog or anyone having problem's here with Solo2 i had Wooshbuild on openatv image and went threw all the motion's of putting one of your build's over this build only problem i had was the iptv part which wanted detail's which i couldn't give so went on and tried to flash however it just started to load with wooshbuild then stop's, i have also loaded a image onto a usb but will not load, and i do not know the ip-address. Any help would be much appreciated.Cheer's ???

Hi Grog or anyone having problem's here with Solo2 i had Wooshbuild on openatv image and went threw all the motion's of putting one of your build's over this build only problem i had was the iptv part which wanted detail's which i couldn't give so went on and tried to flash however it just started to load with wooshbuild then stop's, i have also loaded a image onto a usb but will not load, and i do not know the ip-address. Any help would be much appreciated.Cheer's ???
try it again but when asked about iptv select none

try it again but when asked about iptv select none
Hi thank's for quick response however it only just start's with wooshbuild startup screen and will not react with the usb so i do not know the ipaddress to use as tried the old ip and nothing so any suggestion's now. Cheer's ???

Thanks for your efforts, I’ve used both box name and ip, in both cases it seems to find the box, openwebif displays the current channel being played and, as I said, it even switched box off but can’t get to log in screen. Box currently has grogbuild on, does this matter?

Hi thank's for quick response however it only just start's with wooshbuild startup screen and will not react with the usb so i do not know the ipaddress to use as tried the old ip and nothing so any suggestion's now. Cheer's ???
Did you use installation option 1 or 2, if 2 then you need to flash the box with ATV first. If you're still seeing the wooshbuild image then the box hasn't flashed.
Thanks for your efforts, I’ve used both box name and ip, in both cases it seems to find the box, openwebif displays the current channel being played and, as I said, it even switched box off but can’t get to log in screen. Box currently has grogbuild on, does this matter?
I think your best bet would be to press the blue button on remote and then select flash online from the list on the right and then flash the latest ATV 6.2 and then try again. I don't know why you're not able to connect to the box via putty/terminal plugin, it suggests that telnet is not enabled for some reason.

Hi Grog68 i was tring to flash over wooshbuild with atv 6.2 and in OpenWebif was intending to try Vix so used those option's and was going to add iptv which didn't expect so did not no the url's to add so went on to flash which i thought had done it rebooted box and the wooshbuild start up screen that's as far will go, then tried atv image on usb but nothing. Help ???

Hi grog
I know you are very proud of your new efforts that dispense with usb sticks/flashing etc, and rightly so, but is there any chance of a download to do it old school for anyone having problems connecting with openwebif.
Ps. You are a legend

Hi grog
I know you are very proud of your new efforts that dispense with usb sticks/flashing etc, and rightly so, but is there any chance of a download to do it old school for anyone having problems connecting with openwebif.
Ps. You are a legend

Why can't you just flash the latest openatv6.2 from here via USB
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=
then when it gets to video wizard after 3-4 mins, add freerange via webif, there must be something corrupt somewhere but flashing fresh otv6.2 should cure that

Hi anyone have of you's any trick's to try on Solo2 before putting it in draw have i bricked it.When i power on with new image on usb i just get the start up image then i get vu+ solo2 on box and tv just stay's in start up after getting the powering up in corner of screen that's it.Please read full problem above. Cheer's and Merry Christmas to all ???

I attempted to flash your build using ATV and the zgemma H2H. Working hunky dory (and my line restored itself instantly) only one thing I would reckon the HD channels are not first choice? I'm sure 103 for example for my area was STV HD first Channel 4 HD so forth (that was coming from the wooshbuild)

Hi anyone have of you's any trick's to try on Solo2 before putting it in draw have i bricked it.When i power on with new image on usb i just get the start up image then i get vu+ solo2 on box and tv just stay's in start up after getting the powering up in corner of screen that's it.Please read full problem above. Cheer's and Merry Christmas to all ???

All this means is that the usb isn't being recognised and it's a very common problem, often people try 3, 4 or 5 usb sticks before one is recognised by the box.
some tips:
when you download the flash files, rename the file called noforce to force.

make sure the usb is formatted with FAT32 and try that, if no joy, download /Willo's toolkit as there are some formatting tools in there that often get non working usb sticks running.

finally try a new usb if none of the above works

I attempted to flash your build using ATV and the zgemma H2H. Working hunky dory (and my line restored itself instantly) only one thing I would reckon the HD channels are not first choice? I'm sure 103 for example for my area was STV HD first Channel 4 HD so forth (that was coming from the wooshbuild)

if you have indeed flashed the box, this would destroy all data on the box including your line, so it seems you haven't flashed it if your line is still running.
press menu>information>about
what version number is in there?

No what I am saying is I followed the instructions and obviously backed up (which I didn't realise) my line and my area have automatically restored itself didn't need to do anything just SD channels seem to be not first instead of HD channels it's all running fine just the channel order seems a little mixed

No what I am saying is I followed the instructions and obviously backed up (which I didn't realise) my line and my area have automatically restored itself didn't need to do anything just SD channels seem to be not first instead of HD channels it's all running fine just the channel order seems a little mixed

Ah, you may need to scan autobouquetsmaker again and arrange the channels how you had them before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back