GrogBuild Playback fo MKV files on a Formuler F1 using USB passport HD but have to use file commander?

are you sure your usb stick is mounted correctly
The backup was done to it the other night...

ok so the usb stick is mounted under hdd then I guess...

Code:
root@formuler1:/mnt/hdd# ls -all                                                                     
drwxr-xr-x    8 root     root          4096 Mar  3 00:32 .
drwxrwxrwt    6 root     root           120 Mar  3 22:53 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Mar  2 23:02 backup_openatv_formuler1
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       9657608 Mar  3 06:48 epg.dat                                     
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Mar  2 23:01 images
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Aug  7  2021 movie
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         20480 Jan 23  2020 picon
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         12288 Dec 30 08:45 timeshift
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Feb  2  2020 var
root@formuler1:/mnt/hdd# df -h                                                                       
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on                                   
ubi0:rootfs             437.4M    224.7M    212.7M  51% /                                           
devtmpfs                157.0M      4.0K    157.0M   0% /dev                                         
tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /media                                       
tmpfs                   157.2M     19.1M    138.1M  12% /var/volatile                               
/dev/sda1               230.8G    230.0G    753.9M 100% /media/hdd                                   
df: /media/usb: Input/output error                                                                   
/dev/sdc1               298.0G    276.6G     21.4G  93% /media/sdc1

The backup was done to it the other night...

Code:
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Mar  2 23:02 backup_openatv_formuler1
usb is almost full

usb is almost full
cleared out movie sub but timeshift folder has a lot....can I delete the contents?
Code:
root@formuler1:/mnt/hdd# du -h                                                                     
2.0M    ./picon/logos                                                                             
2.0M    ./picon                                                                                   
4.0K    ./images                                                                                   
5.7M    ./backup_openatv_formuler1                                                                 
4.0K    ./movie                                                                                   
48.0K   ./var/lib/opkg/info                                                                       
56.0K   ./var/lib/opkg                                                                             
60.0K   ./var/lib                                                                                 
64.0K   ./var                                                                                     
229.4G  ./timeshift                                                                               
229.4G  .
I went into serviceapp and it crashed again

Last edited:
Have you got 2 storage media. A USB stick and a HDD?
I think the box is using an almost full usb stick as hdd.

If so power off the box and remove the usb stick and power back up and make sure the hdd is mounted as /media/hdd ext4 R/W

If so power off the box and remove the usb stick and power back up and make sure the hdd is mounted as /media/hdd ext4 R/W
yes thats what I was thinking

/dev/sda1 230.8G 230.0G 753.9M 100% /media/hdd

/dev/sdc1 298.0G 276.6G 21.4G 93% /media/sdc1

Ok I restarted with my usb stick removed, going into file commander I see:
restart.jpg
So don't think there is anything for me to mount.

I then went into the setup and was able to set the player without the serviceapp plugin crashing:
player.jpg
I then connected my external drive to see if I now had a better way to play rather than via Flile Commander but I could not see a way to access the new gstplayer?

When I went in via File Commander and played the video I get a timeshift error:
timeshift error.jpg

I also got this error when I tried to access a TV channel, when the error was closed it played fine.

Any advice appreciated!

file commander is not showing any USB/HDD, internal flash is the box's own internal memory by the looks of it

file commander is not showing any USB/HDD, internal flash is the box's own internal memory by the looks of it
I checked with the manufacturer to be sure to be sure "No, F1 do not have HDD inside and no interface to connect hdd internally. You can only use external HDD with F Series.

Your HDD isn't formatted as the message says.
Turn off timeshift and set it up properly.

The external drive and flash drive I have been using are formatted 100%

I checked with the manufacturer to be sure to be sure "No, F1 do not have HDD inside and no interface to connect hdd internally. You can only use external HDD with F Series.

The external drive and flash drive I have been using are formatted 100%
what do you mean formatted are you formatting on windows machine you need initialise usb or hard drive on the F1

what do you mean formatted are you formatting on windows machine you need initialise usb or hard drive on the F1
Good point. I have the USB stick permanently connected which is Linux formatted. The external HDD I only connect when I want to watch stuff on it (which started this thread) and it's windows formatted.

Good point. I have the USB stick permanently connected which is Linux formatted. The external HDD I only connect when I want to watch stuff on it (which started this thread) and it's windows formatted.
well if you initialise hard drive you will lose the files so you would need to back them up, or just use usb it is large enough.

well if you initialise hard drive you will lose the files so you would need to back them up, or just use usb it is large enough.
Exactly I won't be initialising my passport.
I need to roll up my sleeves one of the evenings and try and get the box back into the state it was before the OpenAtv upgrade- I didn't have these timeshift errors, which are not related to formatting - never mind the new player which this upgrade was meant to enable and I've never been able to access.

Code:
Any advice please on clearing space on my USB stick, what can be removed safely?

that usb drive has errors i woud copy any files needed to another drive i,e movies or backup images , picon

I have seen my usb and hdd swap places as checking my storage limits my usb suddenly changed.

I dont like usb passports and only powered external ones.

Best to use a device permanantly mounted and not removed and use pc to view films from it.

Back