Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

this is a good guide & has help many members however what most do not appear to realize is you can perform the install manually on any Enigma2 device regardless of make/model for almost any VPN company, the scripted method simply does the donkey work for you so if you don't see your VPN provider in the list you will need to perform the install manually (as in dsayers2014 post below)

Last edited:
Guys, are there instructions for protonVPN to do the same with Zgemma H9s. there's pretty much every other vpn covered on this thread, just wondering if ProtonVPN could be configured too.
VPN's are not really my thing but if there's a Tutorial on it i guess i could handle it after some perseverance.
Any help appreciated folks

Cheers
John
Download configs per this guide How to download ProtonVPN OpenVPN configuration files - ProtonVPN Support

So in login screen download configs then Linux, UDP download all configs

Send them to HDD/vpn

Then install VPN manager https://github.com/davesayers2014/O...-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.3_all.ipk?raw=true

Then in VPN manager all configs in one folder yes

Default location should be hdd/vpn

Add your openvpn username and password not the protonvpn username and password. How to log in to ProtonVPN? - ProtonVPN Support

Download configs per this guide How to download ProtonVPN OpenVPN configuration files - ProtonVPN Support

Send them to HDD/vpn

Then install VPN manager https://github.com/davesayers2014/O...-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.3_all.ipk?raw=true

Add your openvpn username and password not the protonvpn username and password. How to log in to ProtonVPN? - ProtonVPN Support
Thanks Dsayers2014, i'll have a go at it and see how i get on, thanks for the guide.

John

Thanks Dsayers2014, i'll have a go at it and see how i get on, thanks for the guide.

John

Send them to HDD/vpn

Dsayers2014, all good now and working spot on. downloaded the ipchecker plugin after setup and giving me and address form the country chosen. also changed default DNS to google rather than use provider DNS. once again big thank you for your help with this

cheers
john

Send them to HDD/vpn

Will this work with express vpn?

I found this. Is this what you mean

Their support is excellent but not upto speed on enigma2 boxes.

I posted a guide, which worked for me.

I'll paste it below:

I've added Xpress VPN.

You just need the openvpn config files for Linux. their live chat will be able to link you to this

Choose the server you want the config for

Download the file and open it in notepad+

There is a line that says :

auth-user-pass

Add to that "password.txt" so:

auth-user-pass password.txt

save the file as client.conf

----------

Now you need your username and password [not the one you used to sign up, these are a random string of letters and numbers], you will see them on the page you downloaded your config files from. It allows you to copy them into the clipboard.

Open a notepad file paste your username above your password, so two lines:

Username
Password

Save this as password.txt
----------

Now FTP to your box and look in /etc

if there is no foder titled openvpn right click and create a folder with that name

then transfer your two files to that folder.

so in /etc/openvpn

you have

client.conf
password.txt

-----------

your vpn should now work.

Hi

I wonder if someone could help, I have installed openvpn on my zegemma h9 using vpn unlimited and wooshbuild. I installed openvpn and sent my config files to hdd/vpn and all works well.

I am trying to install the same on a formular f1. I have installed wooshbuild and openvpn and sent the configs to hdd/vpn and set the all config in one folder to yes but openvpn cannot see the config files to populate the dashboard. Anyone any ideas thanks

Hi

I wonder if someone could help, I have installed openvpn on my zegemma h9 using vpn unlimited and wooshbuild. I installed openvpn and sent my config files to hdd/vpn and all works well.

I am trying to install the same on a formular f1. I have installed wooshbuild and openvpn and sent the configs to hdd/vpn and set the all config in one folder to yes but openvpn cannot see the config files to populate the dashboard. Anyone any ideas thanks
Managed to sort it by using the script generator and using one of the options, once openvpn was installed I FTP to the box and changed the configs for mine that I had generated from the unlimited site.

i managed to get windscribe vpn to work on my zgemma h2s by doing the following, but this method won't let you change to a different country server location unless you ftp the file over to your zgemma h2s box.

i thought i'd pass it on in case you wanted to try it out. :smiley:

Zgemma h2s - Windscribe VPN

• Create a folder on pc called windscribe.

• Login into windscribe account, click download, scroll down to openvpn and select,

• Pick any location, UDP, 443, AES-CBE and click below files and save to windscribe folder on pc desktop.

• Download config
  • Ca. crt
  • Get credentials – save username and password on notepad.

• Open up windscribe folder on pc and right click ovpn file to open with notepad++
( add (password.conf) after auth-user-pass and click file top left of screen and save as – Client.conf )

• On notepad ++ click file top left off screen and then new. Enter your username credentials in line one and password credentials in line two from notepad you saved earlier. Click file top left of screen and save as password.conf

• Open up FileZilla or similar ftp program and connect to zgemma box by putting in your ip address from box and putting root as username/password.

• Left hand side of screen is pc and right hand side is zgemma box.

• On right hand side double left click on yellow folder underneath remote sites. Scroll down and right click on etc folder and select (etc folder, create directory and enter it) and create folder called /etc/openvpn.

• Now on left side click on desktop and scroll down to you find windscribe folder you created earlier and double left click to open it up. Inside this folder there should be Client.conf, password.conf and ca.crt you saved earlier. Double left click on each file to transfer over three files to the openvpn folder you created under /etc/openvpn.

• Now go to zgemma box and click on menu.

• Scroll down to setup and select

• Scroll down to system and select

• Select network

• Scroll down to openvpn setup and select

• Press green button on remote for vpn to start running.

• Please note this will only allow you to connect to one country vpn server you selected from your windscribe account at the very start of this when you downloaded the ovpn file for whatever country location you selected.

• if you want to change to another country you would have to login to windscribe account, select another country location,, then follow the above and move new Client.conf file over to /etc/openvpn folder on zgemma.
Hope the above helps you out on getting your windscribe vpn to work on your zgemma h2s.

Windscribe vpn working with vpnmanger plugin

Download VPN Manager Plugin from here-

https://github.com/davesayers2014/O...-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.3_all.ipk?raw=true

Open up FileZilla or similar program on pc.

Connect to Zgemma box by putting in ip address from box and password/username as root.

Left hand side is pc and right hand side is zgemma box.

Transfer vpnmanager ipk file over to tmp folder.

Go to zgemma remote and select menu, setup, software management, install local plugin, and choose memory/tmp.

Now go back to pc.

Create a folder called windscribe in my documents or desktop.

Login into windscribe account and download the below files to the windscribe folder.

Location ip – (select country of server) –UDP -433- AES-CBC

Download config - (download this file for each location/country server you pick and save to windscribe folder you created.

Also download Ca. crt and save to windscribe folder.

Once you have download all the location servers you want, right click on the ovpn file of each server and open with notepad++

Add (password.conf) after auth-user-pass and click file top left of screen and save as – Client.conf

Now create a folder for each location/server file and drag/drop each Client.conf and ca.crt into location/server folder.

E.g Amsterdam red light folder you created should have Client.conf (for Amsterdam red light server) and ca.crt inside of it.

London biscuit folder should have Client.conf (for London biscuit server) and ca.crt inside of it and keep doing that until you have completed all folder for each country you require to try on vpn manager.

Now open FileZilla or similar ftp program.

On right hand side double left click on yellow folder underneath remote sites. Scroll down and double left click on home folder, then double left click on root and right click on root folder (folder, create directory and enter it) and create folder called vpn.

Now on left side click on desktop and scroll down to you find windscribe folder you created earlier and double left click to open it up. Inside the folder there should be location/ server folders e.g Amsterdam red light with Client.conf, and ca.crt.

London biscuit with Client.conf, and ca.crt. Etc.

Double left click on each file to transfer over to the VPN folder you created under /root.

Now go to zgemma box and click on menu.

Scroll down and select plugin

Scroll down select vpn manager

Select menu

Change all config in one folder to - No

Save directory config to - /home/root/vpn

Scroll down and enter username/password from windscribe site (credentials)

E.g username - mfetplda-5l23hn3

Password- blfmj6fp6s

Select ok on remote and exit vpnmanager plugin.

Now open vpnmanger plugin and all location/servers should be listed for you to select.

Scroll down and highlight server and click green button to activate vpnmanager.

VPN should now be working.

Hope this helps you out if you have windscribe vpn.

Thanks to Dsayer2014 for helping me out with getting Windscribe vpn working on my zgemma box.

Last edited:
Can someone guide how to install surfshark vpn onto my Zgemma h2s. I have putty on my laptop installed or is there a plugin? Thanks

I have a vpn & while watching the match yesterday it was freezing so every few minutes I would have to turn over which didn’t bother me but second half it totally went off am I doing something wrong or would I be better getting a vpn router as I have a Virgin hub 3 & could this be causing problems or is there something I can do to check everything.

Noticed that my xe vpn keeps turning itself on even when I have stopped it & set to disable on boot & changed the password, could this effect the vpn manager ie making it constantly freeze, or should I leave both on, any help greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Brilliant guide. Really easy to setup on my Zegmmas.

One of my boxes just froze and now i can't get the vpn to connect. I get the following error;

OPEN VPN STOP ERROR: TUNNEL FOUND

Any ideas guys?

Im using PIA btw.

Cheers

Back