Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

Does anyone know how to set this up for keepsolid vpn. I have tried via putty in post 1, getting this error
VPN.sh && ./VPN.s
-bash: ./VPN.s: No such file or directory

Keepsolid only provide a opvn file for openvpn. I can't see any config files to edit to try second method.
from post 1
1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy

these are the ones the script works with

And even vpn-conf-importer does not list keep solid

So you will need to download vpn manager and add your openvpn files and details manually.

I bought digitbit and ran the script. Getting this
Resolving raw.githubusercontent.com... 185.199.108.133, 185.199.109.133, 185.199.110.133, ...
Connecting to raw.githubusercontent.com|185.199.108.133|:443... connected.
Unable to establish SSL connection.

Right so have run vpn script generator through putty with correct digitbit user and pass. It installs everything as expected but did not install config files. We didn't have any servers to select.
In vpn manager I checked hdd folder through ftp and there were no files in hdd/digitbit folder. I downloaded a few and now they appear. Changed .opvn to .config also to see if that was issue. I can select server but only get red icon colour on vpn manager as shown in screenshot. Also when i go to system/network/open vpn set up, when we select green to start openvpn it does nothing. Have checked the ip tool also and shows that we still have home ip address running. Any advice? phil.png

from post 1
1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy

these are the ones the script works with

And even vpn-conf-importer does not list keep solid

So you will need to download vpn manager and add your openvpn files and details manually.
I've added my ovpn files to hdd/vpn
Started conf importer
It sees my vpn OK
I input user and password
It will not do anything.
Default dns is stuck on 8888 and cannot be altered
It's vpn secure, not one of the listed ones but thought conf importer would work

Do you mean VPN manager? It should work if files are correct and username and password is correct. Some vpns use a different username and password for openvpn to clients area login

Do you mean VPN manager? It should work if files are correct and username and password is correct. Some vpns use a different username and password for openvpn to clients area login
I only have one login details.
It works on buzz box, phone, laptop and PC.
I assumed it would work on enigma?
Yes I mean vpn manager

VPN secure is one of the ones I haven't worked out how they work.

Do you still get multiple files from them in your client area?

@BeakyFord might be best helping you with them as last time we tried it wouldn't work. I think he was getting help from VPN secure last year.

They sent me a bunch of files when I signed up with them.
These are what's in hdd/vpn folder.
The box sees it but won't connect.
I'll have another look.
If I login online there may be additional files to download

Hey dsayers2014, I'm in need of a bit of sage advice, if you'd oblige..... been using Windscribe via your installer for quite a while now and it's been spot on until Windscribe announced changes to openvpn usage, which came into effect a couple of days ago. I've had a look at the procedure, but I haven't a scooby as to what on earth I should be doing. Is there something that can be added to your installer to update it or does it have to be done manually?

OpenVPN Security Improvements and Changes

• OpenVPN 2.4 or newer outside of our apps: You will need to download a new configuration from our website and configure it on any devices that use the current configurations before July 20th 2021 17:00 UTC. You can do this right now.
  • OpenVPN 2.3.18 or older outside of our apps: There is a problem with the way that validation works with our transitionary cross-signed certificate chain (during the sunsetting period) in older versions of OpenVPN and as such you will have to wait until July 20th 2021 17:00 UTC when we sunset the current CA and then download a new configuration from our website. Your current configuration will abruptly stop working at that time. You can download the new configs right now, and simply start using them once the current ones stop working.

Hey dsayers2014, I'm in need of a bit of sage advice, if you'd oblige..... been using Windscribe via your installer for quite a while now and it's been spot on until Windscribe announced changes to openvpn usage, which came into effect a couple of days ago. I've had a look at the procedure, but I haven't a scooby as to what on earth I should be doing. Is there something that can be added to your installer to update it or does it have to be done manually?

• OpenVPN 2.4 or newer outside of our apps: You will need to download a new configuration from our website and configure it on any devices that use the current configurations before July 20th 2021 17:00 UTC. You can do this right now.
  • OpenVPN 2.3.18 or older outside of our apps: There is a problem with the way that validation works with our transitionary cross-signed certificate chain (during the sunsetting period) in older versions of OpenVPN and as such you will have to wait until July 20th 2021 17:00 UTC when we sunset the current CA and then download a new configuration from our website. Your current configuration will abruptly stop working at that time. You can download the new configs right now, and simply start using them once the current ones stop working.
I use Windscribe too and it suddenly stopped working on my box on Wednesday. I just downloaded manually for the different locations and new credentials and ftp'd to my box and I'm back up and running

Someone passed me the windscribe configs as I don't have access to them. You will be best downloading them and sending them manually to your box as described here Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

I use Windscribe too and it suddenly stopped working on my box on Wednesday. I just downloaded manually for the different locations and new credentials and ftp'd to my box and I'm back up and running
Hi hsa_!972,
Thanks for the reply.
I've already tried downloading them, but got confused when I saw they were ovpn files, when I expected to find .conf like the files the Windscribe folder?

Would you enlighten me as to what you did to get it back on again pls. I've no idea where to put the .ovpn files as as far as I can see there's no .opvn files in Root\etc\openvpn or in the Windscribe folder?

Hi hsa_!972,
Thanks for the reply.
I've already tried downloading them, but got confused when I saw they were ovpn files, when I expected to find .conf like the files the Windscribe folder?
You can delete all files and folders in the Windscribe folder then just send the . ovpn files to the Windscribe folder. No need to edit them I did them before I found VPN manager

Down VPN manager from here opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk?raw=true

In VPN manager press menu and change all config in one folder to yes and add your username and password then exit. You can now stop/start vpn

You can delete all files and folders in the Windscribe folder then just send the . ovpn files to the Windscribe folder. No need to edit them I did them before I found VPN manager

Down VPN manager from here opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/master/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.4_all.ipk?raw=true

In VPN manager press menu and change all config in one folder to yes and add your username and password then exit. You can now stop/start vpn

Thanks dsayers2014, followed your steps and now have a working vpn (y)

Back