Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

VPN Test generator for PY3/2 please let me know if any issues before I convert to main generator. Thanks

This should detect if using py2 install vpnmanager_1.1.3 if using PY3 install vpnmanager_1.1.7

Known issues LTVPN is not updated as this was made with local configs that I no longer have acccess to so VPN Config changer is still used so I have dropped this. PureVPN have changed there config locations so im not sure if this will work on PY2 please let me know if they work. Windscribe is also using old configs that I can no longer update.

On script

"Nord VPN" "IP Vanish" "Digibit" "PureVPN" "PIA VPN" "Windscribe" "SurfShark" "TorGuard" "IvacyVPN"

Test generator site

https://e2openvpn.com/Test/

Py3 test branch on github incase anyone wants to make a pull request

https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/tree/PY3

I have to say great write up and explanations/support. I had no end of trouble getting it going, Yet the truth of the matter was VPN password rather than my account password (pure vpn). After hours of messing, installing, removing, trying the new test one, all of it, I walked away and came back and re-read the instructions for pure vpn. Worked within 5 mins (using the new test generator on oe/vix 6.5.

Happy days, READ the instructions carefully people and you will save yourself hassle and head scratching.

Hi dsayers, I hope you can assist, I found your thread after trying to figure out which Nordvpn configurations I needed

I am running a zgemma Hs2 and have just purchased Nordvpn after recently losing IP channels I suspect due to +net. I used Zoc to download the script from the 2nd page of this thread. This re-booted the box.
Pressing Green takes me to VPN Manager I cannot find a VPN changer. It shows Ip address, country as UK and the organisation as +net. Openvpn Autostart is ticked and resolve conf: is also ticked. I changed the DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS2 to 8.8.4.4

I have run a network test and all is showing fine but I cannot download IP channels, I only have sat channels.

OpenVPN setup shows Autostart as Enabled and current status as Stopped.

Is VPN changer still required, can you offer any guidance please? Do I need to run my own script?

Many Thanks

Thank you, I have just generated and run a fresh script. This time it asked me to select the VPN, which I selected 1.
The box rebooted and on Zoc shows" Openvpn configs downloaded please start Openvpn"
Please enter your choice: _

Is there anything further to do on zoc?

I have opened Openvpn, is there anything else I need to do here please?

Many Thanks

Great work mate
Assume this is a dig? I am not pretending to know much about the subject and have mentioned I found the thread and forum because of the subject.
I was hoping for a bit of help.

I have run the new script but have it would be a real help and very much appreciated if someone can advise how I can set about checking if it works please?

Assume this is a dig? I am not pretending to know much about the subject and have mentioned I found the thread and forum because of the subject.

I have run the new script but have it would be a real help and very much appreciated if someone can advise how I can set about checking if it works please?
On your remote, press menu, setup, system, network, device setup, nameserver settings.
If they are still 8888 and 8844 your VPN isn't running.
If they are set to two different IP addresses it is running.

Reactions: m4u
Thank you, I have just generated and run a fresh script. This time it asked me to select the VPN, which I selected 1.
The box rebooted and on Zoc shows" Openvpn configs downloaded please start Openvpn"
Please enter your choice: _

Is there anything further to do on zoc?

I have opened Openvpn, is there anything else I need to do here please?

Many Thanks
Menu, plugins, VPN manager and choose a country

Why would that comment be a dig @dsayers2014

I don't even know what your issue is so why would I have a dig at you. I think you are paranoid mate.

Last edited:
Not paranoid, your comment wasn’t directed to anyone in particular. Just wondered why you would post that, seemed to offer no value.
Any way, any advice would be gratefully received this is infuriating me.
Long time since I used enigma Pablo is probably your best help on this one.. I posted the comment based on title of thread mate. Didn't even read your issues.

Not paranoid, your comment wasn’t directed to anyone in particular. Just wondered why you would post that, seemed to offer no value.
Any way, any advice would be gratefully received this is infuriating me.
Can you receive IPTV channels?
Have you checked nameserver settings as above?

Apologies all, this has driven me mad. So if it came across as shirty it wasn’t intended.

I have changed the nameservers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have opened VPN manager which shows the IP address, country as UK, city as London and organisation as +net.
OpenVPN autostart is ticked , Resolv Conf: is ticked and it shows DNS1 and DNS2 as above.
I only have satellite channels and the ABM doesn’t appear to work either manually or overnight.
The default DNS1 under Open VPNs menu is the +net IP address 192.168.1.254.

Any assistance very welcome :-)

Does the IP address change when changing country?
In OpenVPN, the country is shown in the top right. There doesn’t appear to be a way to change this. It certainly isn’t an option in the menu.
Sorry, I am trying to do the best I can but is there another way to change the country please? Its probably under my nose

Apologies all, this has driven me mad. So if it came across as shirty it wasn’t intended.

I have changed the nameservers to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have opened VPN manager which shows the IP address, country as UK, city as London and organisation as +net.
OpenVPN autostart is ticked , Resolv Conf: is ticked and it shows DNS1 and DNS2 as above.
I only have satellite channels and the ABM doesn’t appear to work either manually or overnight.
The default DNS1 under Open VPNs menu is the +net IP address 192.168.1.254.

Any assistance very welcome :-)
You can't set DNS to 8888 etc if you're using a VPN, the VPN sets these to what it's using.
Power off and on, start the VPN.
Check nameserver are NOT using 8888 etc and see if IPTV works
DONT change nameserver settings back to 8888 otherwise you are turning the VPN off

Back