Skybox f3 update

2012ysyb

Hi there is any1 willing to remote access my computer and show me how to update channel list on my Sky-box f3 so I can watch and learn. I cant seem to be able to do it I have no experience in Satellite stuff.

Hi no need for remote access mate just put channel list file on the usb pen drive and upload to the box this how u do it press menu on remote then go in to tools and upgrade by usb and select misc file and then select & upgrade press ok on option 1 tp_prog press yellow key on the remote when done reboot the box done

Hi,help please, all channels on my f3 box ali 3601 working apart from sky channels. any way to reboot the whole box or something?. quite new to this, please help. thanks

Hi no need for remote access mate just put channel list file on the usb pen drive and upload to the box this how u do it press menu on remote then go in to tools and upgrade by usb and select misc file and then select & upgrade press ok on option 1 tp_prog press yellow key on the remote when done reboot the box done

I have tried that and It says files not found on the screen and when I press favourites it says no fav channels I need someone to show me how its done through my computer screen

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ----------

here is the website that you can remote access anyones computer https://secure.logmein.com/

try this link off you tube Skybox Openbox F5 Installing A Channel List - YouTube
its for a f5 box but its just the same.
just make sure you press ok on tp_prog.dbs (sat,tp,prog) you will get a green tick on the same line. then press yellow button.
after its done a upgrade. just exit.

if box does not reboot.
power off
then power on.
hope this helps

I have tried everything but theres no new channel list and favourites has gone bad luck continues.

---------- Post Merged at 02:46 PM ----------

1. I downloaded aj channel list date 5/10/13

2. I inserted USB stick onto Computer and copied Aj channel list unziped it

3. I took the USB stick to the f3 box and insterted it

4. Deleted all channels

5. The went on tools upgrade by USB

6. Changed it to misc files and selected TP_PROG.dbs (Sat, TP, PROG

7. Waited for it to reach 100% and rebooted the box

8. No channels and had to do satelite search

9. When I press favourites it says no fav channels and can only pick up 850 channels before it had more then 1000

You have to research for the channels before upgrading the channel list, cant put a channel list on with no channels :lol

I thought ur supposed to delete all before updating channel list if It dont work Im gonna pay £5 for someone to do it for me.

There is a channel list here

There are some instructions here

You don't need to do anything extra, just follow the instructions.

Do I need to unzip the file or can I just copy it straight to the USB stick and also theres a file inside the USB stick called [h=3]ALIDVRS2 [/h]
I cant seem to delete this file as the USB stick isn't empty.

You have to research for the channels before upgrading the channel list, cant put a channel list on with no channels :lol

I don't understand your post. What do you mean by "research"?

2012ysyb has put a channel list on with channels (Aj's list 5/10/13).

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 PM ----------

Do I need to unzip the file or can I just copy it straight to the USB stick and also theres a file inside the USB stick called ALIDVRS2

I cant seem to delete this file as the USB stick isn't empty.

As bees says in the instructions he linked to, unzip it while it's on your pc, then copy it to your memory stick. When unzipped it will be named TP_PROG.dbs. Don't change this file name otherwise the box won't recognise it. It doesn't matter if there are other files on the memory stick. It doesn't have to be empty.

I delete my previous channel list just to make sure I'm installing the new one cleanly.

Also in your previous post you said:-

7. Waited for it to reach 100% and rebooted the box

Did you press the info button before rebooting to see if it said that the installation was a success?

Last edited:
I don't understand your post. What do you mean by "research"?

Sorry mate meant rescan lol I by this he said that in step 4 he deleted the channels but no mention of rescanning the channels in step 5 before putting the channel list on.

Sorry mate meant rescan I by this he said that in step 4 he deleted the channels but no mention of rescanning the channels in step 5 before putting the channel list on.

i dont understand why he would need to rescan when he already has the chan list he just needs to upload it to the box
i think what he is saying the box does not recognise they is a chan list on the usb stick maybe try another usb stick
would help

Last edited:
If he deleted the channels he needs to rescan before putting a channel list on or it will not work, its happened to me and i guarantee that after he deleted the channels if he was to do another channel scan then put the channel list on it would work. The skybox has recognised the channel list or it would not go to 100%

you dont need to rescan the sat that's the whole idea of a chan list it has all the info on it all you have to do is upload it to the box
what would be the point of a chan list if you had to rescan the sat all the time

Last edited:
you dont need to rescan the sat that's the whole idea of a chan list it has all the info on it all you have to do is upload it to the box
what would be the point of a chan list if you had to rescan the sat all the time

I will upload a video of the channel list problems on Youtube

I agree with you inbed that he didnt need to delete them im just saying that when he deleted the channels he needs to rescan them before putting the list on.

2012ysyb

the file should now be on your usb stick if you can check

---------- Post Merged at 02:31 AM ----------

is it working?

I agree with you inbed that he didnt need to delete them im just saying that when he deleted the channels he needs to rescan them before putting the list on.

As inbed79 said above, all the channel info (frequency, symbol rate etc.) is contained in the channel list. There is no need to scan, either before or after installing the channel list.

Delete previous channel list, Install new one, Put box into standby, Switch back on. Job done. No scanning required.

---------- Post Merged at 10:12 AM ----------

...The skybox has recognised the channel list or it would not go to 100%

That's not the case.

If you inserted a blank memory stick with no files on it at all, it would still say "upgrade finished" & the progress bar would show 100%. You would know that it hadn't actually done it though, as it would only take a second or 2, and pressing info would show "file not found". That's why I asked 2012ysyb if he pressed the info button, but he didn't reply.

Normally it takes around 10 seconds to install a channel list.

Back