GrogBuild Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi installed on zgemma h1 fine working great but tried on zgemma Lc and installed on ok but when going in to auto bouquet scanner it does nothing for ever just spinning circle. Tried going in menu service search and auto bouquet it crashes with lots of errors then reboots. Same going into tuner. The LC has only got 1 tuner which is Cable no sat tuner so don’t no if to do with that.
The build makes no changes to the tuner config routines so not sure what would be causing it.
Can you send a screenshot of the blue screen when it crashes?
How did you install Grogbuild FreeRange? did you use option 1 or 2 to install, if option 2 did you flash a fresh ATV first?

The build makes no changes to the tuner config routines so not sure what would be causing it.
Can you send a screenshot of the blue screen when it crashes?
How did you install Grogbuild FreeRange? did you use option 1 or 2 to install, if option 2 did you flash a fresh ATV first?
Hi yes option 2. I put a fresh atv on first 6.2 and did freerange. I will post screenshot 2moro. Thanks.

1046335B-41CE-47B1-A8A3-C138F0E5072D.jpeg Hi fresh install of openatv 6.2 for zgemma LC then freerange with telnet over goes on fine Used vm hd skin have tried sly as well. Went into service search then tuner config and blue screen error. Same if go into auto bouquet. This is screen shot.

that's all above my payscale lol, not sure what that is, as mentioned previously, try a bare ATV 6.2 and just install ABM and see if you get the same issue.

it's the skin.
When installing freerange, don't choose one of the HD skins, try V skin red (option 8) i've not hd any problem using this skin when flashing older boxes but some HD skins cause trouble

Some older boxes do have issues with the 1080 skins for some reason but I've only seen it refuse to boot in that case, not seen it boot and then crash later but you learn something every day:)

Hi, i started using your build a few weeks ago and i have to say it`s brilliant, so thanks very much for your hard work grogg :) Just a small niggle for me...
Could you please explain how i set a hotkey so when i press portal button it takes me directly to e2i player rather than extensions ? Other than that, fantastic mate ! zgemma H2S.

Cheers

Tez

Hi, i started using your build a few weeks ago and i have to say it`s brilliant, so thanks very much for your hard work grogg :) Just a small niggle for me...
Could you please explain how i set a hotkey so when i press portal button it takes me directly to e2i player rather than extensions ? Other than that, fantastic mate ! zgemma H2S.

Cheers

Tez
Check Menu -> Setup -> Usage & gui -> hotkey setup

Hi Grog, trying to install on H2H managed on H2 box with no issues but tried install method 1 and got a message saying not enough space HDD. Do i need to wipe the USB stick i have in my box right now first?

I got all the way through all questions etc picked skin and then it said unable to install due to space

Hi Grog, trying to install on H2H managed on H2 box with no issues but tried install method 1 and got a message saying not enough space HDD. Do i need to wipe the USB stick i have in my box right now first?

I got all the way through all questions etc picked skin and then it said unable to install due to space

Does this happen as it tries downloading the image or when it starts to flash?

at the command prompt can you type :

Code:
ofgwrite

and you should get the following output:

Code:
mkdir: can't create directory '/newroot': File exists

ofgwrite Utility v4.1.7
Author: Betacentauri
Based upon: mtd-utils-native-1.5.1 and busybox 1.24.1
Use at your own risk! Make always a backup before use!
Don't use it if you use multiple ubi volumes in ubi layer!

Usage: ofgwrite <parameter> <image_directory>
Options:
   -k --kernel           flash kernel with automatic device recognition(default)
   -kmtdx --kernel=mtdx  use mtdx device for kernel flashing
   -kmmcblkxpx --kernel=mmcblkxpx  use mmcblkxpx device for kernel flashing
   -r --rootfs           flash rootfs with automatic device recognition(default)
   -rmtdy --rootfs=mtdy  use mtdy device for rootfs flashing
   -rmmcblkxpx --rootfs=mmcblkxpx  use mmcblkxpx device for rootfs flashing
   -mx --multi=x         flash multiboot partition x (x= 1, 2, 3,...). Only supported by some boxes.
   -n --nowrite          show only found image and mtd partitions (no write)
   -f --force            force kill e2
   -q --quiet            show less output

Can you tell me what version is shown?

Also what is on yout box at the moment?

Grog

Hi Grog,

I did what you asked and i have v3.9.6

I was using ipab tv, I used install method 2 and it is working but now my box is constantly crashing on me. i.e. freezing a lot.

Last edited:
Hi Grog,

I was using ipab tv, I used install method 2 and it is working but now my box is constantly crashing on me. i.e. freezing a lot.

It seems like ipab is still running as when i press ok when watching a channel it still shows ipab tv on the info bar but when i boot the box it shows grog build free range?

It is like its running both at same time which i am sure is not possible.

below is the message i get when trying to use install method 1.

--2019-01-18 20:48:13-- http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmah2s/openatv-6.2-zgemmah2s-20190117_
usb.zip
Resolving images.mynonpublic.com... 185.181.61.62
Connecting to images.mynonpublic.com|185.181.61.62|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 90985778 (87M) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘/media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2s/latestforgrogbuild/latestimage.zip’

/media/hdd/backup_openatv_z 0%[ ] 0 --.-KB/s in 0s

Cannot write to ‘/media/hdd/backup_openatv_zgemmah2s/latestforgrogbuild/latestimage.zip’ (No space left on devic
e).
root@zgemmah2s:~#

Hi Grog,

It seems like ipab is still running as when i press ok when watching a channel it still shows ipab tv on the info bar but when i boot the box it shows grog build free range?

It is like its running both at same time which i am sure is not possible.

sounds like ATV hasn't flashed, which would be the case if your hdd hasn't got any free space. If using option 2 then you MUST flash openATV first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back