So I've re-flashed to the latest image and i see serviceapp under the system menu. I've changed the playback to serviceapp, xteplayer3. Still no improvement in the streams. In the morning it seems better than evening time, so it would suggest the VPN is causing the issue. With VPN off, im getting ~130 mb, but with it on to the nearest server its down to less than 10..
What has me also confused is that with VPN on and streaming from the STB to my phone (via dream player app) its perfect, as if there is not VPN on.. would that be even possible?

I Can on my old H1 turn the vpn on and stream to dreamplayer app everything is fine but it glitches like crazy on the tv.my speeds through nord go down to 1mb up and down so i put that down to nordvpn.i would of thought 10 mb would be fine for iptv,Try a test with someone else and see if it does the same,To save all the headaches might be worth just buying a Vpn router like the GL.iNET GL-MT300N-V2

Thanks for the great guide. I'm having issues with 1080p streams stuttering and I was wonder if anyone could advise please? Without VPN it's REALLY bad, I'm guessing my ISP are throttling IPTV traffic hard at the moment. With VPN, 720p streams are fine, but 1080p streams stutter quite a lot. I think my Vu+ Solo2 just can't handle it. I'm using XE plugin and EXTEPLAYER3 and have tried a ton of different settings and no luck. I've tried both Openvix and now OpenATV. I've tried all sorts of video and audio output settings, this didn't help at all either. Is it time to look for a faster box?

At first i would like to say thank you very very much for this great guide!!! I am a begginer on this, as i only knew to set up iptv on stb and generally ready apps. So i owned for free an Edision OS mini and i thought of give it a try.. And searching about enigma2 devices drove me here. So i followed the guide, i tested several combinations and i finally set it up installing JediMakerXtream and is working fine. Here i would like to mention that, when i tried to set up the bouquet i got the process stuck several times.. So, the sollution was to keep the player settings the same and don't change them to EXTPLAYER3.

I also have a question. The iptv provider i use, provides movies series etc.. Is there a way to have "search" somehow?? For example if i want a specific movie, i would like to write the name somewhere and find it and don't search allover the videoclub. Thank you in advance.

At first i would like to say thank you very very much for this great guide!!! I am a begginer on this, as i only knew to set up iptv on stb and generally ready apps. So i owned for free an Edision OS mini and i thought of give it a try.. And searching about enigma2 devices drove me here. So i followed the guide, i tested several combinations and i finally set it up installing JediMakerXtream and is working fine. Here i would like to mention that, when i tried to set up the bouquet i got the process stuck several times.. So, the sollution was to keep the player settings the same and don't change them to EXTPLAYER3.

I also have a question. The iptv provider i use, provides movies series etc.. Is there a way to have "search" somehow?? For example if i want a specific movie, i would like to write the name somewhere and find it and don't search allover the videoclub. Thank you in advance.
Install xstreamity for vod don't import through jedi and it will have search function

Different xstreamity is to xtream
Thanks for that. Someone was telling me that people are turning away from using Android boxes and using firesticks, etc. Is that true. I had to go into my neighbours this week to help her update her Mag 254 which was one of the newer ones. The older ones are no use now. Any recommendations/advice on what's good to get and also something to bear in mind is that we are using a wireless router in our house and sometimes tether off our android phones. Thanks

My IPTV provider only supplies a service that works through All4One bouquet adder plugin. But you guide on replacing the default enigma 2 player using serviceapp has improved my streams massively on the Zegemma H2S ! Thankyou.

My IPTV provider only supplies a service that works through All4One bouquet adder plugin. But you guide on replacing the default enigma 2 player using serviceapp has improved my streams massively on the Zegemma H2S ! Thankyou.
All4one locks you to that providers server which i am not a fan of.

All4one locks you to that providers server which i am not a fan of.
A bug bear for me is there's no way to MERGE the All4One created channels with my satellite bouquets either. I would still like one big bouquet with a pick and mix of my channels from satellite and IPTV. But I'm torn, the provider I use (one originally recommended to Wooshbuild users as a straightforward jump to IPTV after the blackout) gives so much variety. Loads of VOD content, Worldwide channels plus all the usual sly content in SD, HD (720p) and FHD (1080i), support is very good also. For that reason alone I've stuck with them for 4 years.

Either way serviceapp has ticked all the boxes so far for my good old H2S to keep slogging on and avoid getting replaced.

A bug bear for me is there's no way to MERGE the All4One created channels with my satellite bouquets either. I would still like one big bouquet with a pick and mix of my channels from satellite and IPTV. But I'm torn, the provider I use (one originally recommended to Wooshbuild users as a straightforward jump to IPTV after the blackout) gives so much variety. Loads of VOD content, Worldwide channels plus all the usual sly content in SD, HD (720p) and FHD (1080i), support is very good also. For that reason alone I've stuck with them for 4 years.

Either way serviceapp has ticked all the boxes so far for my good old H2S to keep slogging on and avoid getting replaced.
There are providers out there using the same service its just a case of unlocking the dns host.

Thanks for that. Someone was telling me that people are turning away from using Android boxes and using firesticks, etc. Is that true. I had to go into my neighbours this week to help her update her Mag 254 which was one of the newer ones. The older ones are no use now. Any recommendations/advice on what's good to get and also something to bear in mind is that we are using a wireless router in our house and sometimes tether off our android phones. Thanks
Yes the Firesticks are great for IPTV. Easy to set up and run like a dream. :-) Cheap too.

So recent setup... was using standard settings with the default 4097 IPTV player from a Jedi bouquet on an Octagon SF8008 Mini with OpenATV and all OK for a few weeks until a couple of days ago.

Now the streams lock up regularly, requiring zapping in and out of the channel. I have two services and it only seems to happen with my main one, so I think it could be related to a provider issue... but not sure.

I switched to 5002 serviceapp ext3player and it seems to be working more smoothly, however I can't record using this which is frustrating. I can "pause" but it seems you can't then forward wind the timeshift?

I also tried 1 DVB but it takes ages to switch channel, the screen stays black for about 5 seconds before the picture slowly resumes.

Is there any better option for to still have recording possible other than having 2 sets of bouquets, one with the 5002 ext3player and the other as DVB?

I'm running Xtream Editor v3.0.9 on OpenATV 6.3 on a Tiviar Alpha box. My IPTV Player is set to EXTEPLAYER and VOD Player is set to IPTV (4097). I am trying to unsuccessfully record any of the IPTV stations/streams, but I get an error message "Could not record due to invalid service". My IPTV provider says that EXEPLAYER does not support recording - is that correct?

Yep try setting iptv player to 4097 and same with vod no issues for me recording on xe plus you need multiroom ideally to be able to record iptv.

Back